Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Anyone know about Carson Cole? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Anyone know about Carson Cole?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Anyone know about Carson Cole? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just saw this on ebay and wondered about this, never heard of this guy or this album.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...4044622357&rd=1

10-18-2004 21:32 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no
10-19-2004 00:00 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You mean no one knows about him? Not even his own mother? That's sad. Perhaps we should move this to the prayer thread?

10-19-2004 08:55 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E

Hey Tim, I think it said that you played on this album... any thoughts or stories?

10-19-2004 09:00 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

hi Ron -- yeah, i remember playing on it -- carson was a real nice guy -- from canada, i think? i didn't spend a lot of time with him, but i remember that he had a good sense of humor --

a lot of those records that i played on, i would only be in the studio for 1 or 2 days, so they kind of went by in a blur
10-19-2004 09:27 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! I Nominate this... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi Ron -- yeah, i remember playing on it -- carson was a real nice guy -- from canada, i think? i didn't spend a lot of time with him, but i remember that he had a good sense of humor --

a lot of those records that i played on, i would only be in the studio for 1 or 2 days, so they kind of went by in a blur

I Nominate this as the:
CooL post, the internet is amazing... Post of the Month Cool

I mean RoN E asks a CD ? and the actual bass player who played on it
answers... Cool

10-19-2004 12:22 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I recall a tape called
Carson Cole and RU4..

I cant say I've ever listened to it...
have to dig it up.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-19-2004 19:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Tongue! RE: I Nominate this... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

I Nominate this as the:
CooL post, the internet is amazing... Post of the Month Cool

I mean RoN E asks a CD ? and the actual bass player who played on it
answers... Cool

i was about to ask why the he-double-hockey-sticks this was on the on-topic side and then tim answered......... Big Grin

10-19-2004 19:35 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

dale - yer right! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the tape is a 1986 release entitled
Mainstreet- a Frontline release
Produced by Doug Doyle -TERRY TAYLOR and Carson Cole
A certain rocket scientist plays Guitar
a madman named Tim plays bass-
Mike Stand plays guitar-
and Eddie Mc plays percussion..
This will be 2morrows drive in music
Fer Sure!
(I've had it for a dozen years plus ..prolly since 86 - theres a reason I kept it I guess....)
i

10-19-2004 19:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Shotgun Angel Shotgun Angel is a female
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 11-19-2003

any chance of putting the lyrics on to the song Terry wrote?

Hurting no one
10-19-2004 20:05 Shotgun Angel is offline Send an Email to Shotgun Angel Homepage of Shotgun Angel Search for Posts by Shotgun Angel Add Shotgun Angel to your Buddy List
Jad
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-21-2002

Carson Cole Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've got that on tape.

Pretty good album, with some really good songs on it.

He's a bit of a roots rocker, along the lines of Rick Elias/Tonio K without the clever lyrics.

Hate to say it, but Terry's song is probably my least favourite on the album, lyrics along the lines of "we just want to rock some, we just want to roll some, while we're waiting for the kingdom come....." Could explain why it never made it on to any of TST's other projects.

If you can find it cheap anywhere it's probably worth grabbing.
10-19-2004 21:22 Jad is offline Send an Email to Jad Search for Posts by Jad Add Jad to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

spinning tapes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yah-I neglected to look on the Ebay desc..thats the title of the tape Ihave
.....Just listened to it
For you kids who dont mess with cassettes- I had to "spin it" which means you put a screwdriver (or something similar - I used a flat clothespin)- and whirl the tape by hand to "loosen" it up- otherwise it would not play.
(ahh- the hours spent back when..)

I will say also- its Jersey Rock - reminds me of a Kenny Marks doing Morgan Cryer- in a Bon Jovi meets the "Boss" 80s sound (hint- look for saxaphone....)

THe TST tune - Serenity- is one of only two slow numbers-
I wouldnt call it "rare DAniel Amos" personally - but I felt I could tell when Greg was doin leads (Mainstreet and Fight especailly - thats my HO)- and the majority of the tunes were good 80s C-rock ..think thats why my ol buddy Lyndon gave it to me..too worldly..!

10-19-2004 22:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

lyrics.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorry kids- I simply cannot read the fine print for the lyrics on Serenity
can post them tomorrow-
the tune is by TST and Chris Brigandi (sp)I think - cannot read that fine..)
but the tune does not appear on the misc lyric section of the site..

hmmmm.

10-19-2004 22:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

RE: Anyone know about Carson Cole? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I used to know Carson, I've stayed at his place, performed on stage with him once etc. He's from a very small farming community in Alberta, Canada. While attending a bible school in the early 80's, he recorded his first album called "Cure For The World" on a Canadian label. He played the drums and wrote the songs, did some guitar as well. He later formed his band called Carson Cole and RU4. He was the frontman, leaving the drums and playing guitar and singing lead. They recorded an album that was never released. He and his brother Curt set up their own studio at the farm and recorded a custom comedy cassette called F.R.E.D. (Forgiven, Redeemed, Edified, Delivered) that had a picture of a toilet on the cover. It was pretty funny and sometimes irreverant stuff (lucky this isn't a scratch and sniff cover!), that had sketches and music, alot taking a satirical look at the church. Carson was discovered by Terry Taylor who referred to him as "a gem", got him signed to Frontline records and produced the album that was mentioned as being for sale on ebay. It scored a minor hit, "Hollywood and God" on the Christian charts, but kind of disappreared. Carson moved to Vancouver, B.C. in the latter 80's, formed a band and got bookings in the club circuit. The Vancouver Sun did a feature story on him in their entertainment section, where he talked abit about getting turned off to the whole Christian music scene after his experience.
He eventually moved back to Alberta, has continued to record, one album with produced Roy Salmond, and continued to play the club scene with a band. A couple of years ago one of his songs received airplay on some Canadian rock stations. He has a website that displays his crazy personality and sense of humour, as well as his recent discography, some sound samples, itinerary etc.
Hope that helps abit.
11-03-2004 13:16 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info! Pleased

Welcome to the Daniel Amos Message Board - DAmb for short! Smile )

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-03-2004 13:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

isn't he that dude who hosts trl on mtv? Confused

Roll Eyes

11-03-2004 13:54 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Question RE: Anyone know about Carson Cole? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Myron
He has a website that displays his way smarter than me personality and sense of humour, as well as his recent discography, some sound samples, itinerary etc.
Hope that helps abit.

What is the website?

11-03-2004 16:56 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

RE: Anyone know about Carson Cole? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
He has a website that displays his way smarter than me personality and sense of humour, as well as his recent discography, some sound samples, itinerary etc.
Hope that helps abit.

What is the website?

First of all, does someone doctor these posts? I don't remember typing the "way smarter than me personality" part at all?! I'm pretty sure I had typed in "crazy".
Anyways, Dale, looks like the website is down. I hadn't checked it for awhile so I don't know if it's gone permantly or temporarily.
If you do a search, there are some various newspaper reviews of concerts and albums on the web. It also looks like there is another Carson Cole musician who live in Washington state.

Myron
11-03-2004 19:13 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
First of all, does someone doctor these posts? I don't remember typing the "way smarter than me personality" part at all?! I'm pretty sure I had typed in "way smarter than me".

Myron

Looks like you have been the latest "victim" of this .crazy word filter! Stick around and you'll find other words that are changed. Shocked

It's actually kinda funny if you expect it to happen. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
11-03-2004 19:42 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Anyone know about Carson Cole?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH