Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA video from '85 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA video from '85
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

DA video from '85 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I put this clip up on my website a while ago, but I don't think I ever mentioned it here. It's old and funky...the video quality is poor. But it's still fun to watch! It's a pro shot video (does anyone have a clean version of this? Tim????) from the Doppelganger Tour???

Travelog '85
02-19-2003 18:22 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Aye, we know who filmed it, we have access to the master.
We have talked to someone about putting the entire thing
out officially.

Originally we thought of using some of it in a compilation,
but then discussed the whole thing on it's own. There are
others of similar quality. It would be nice to get some
of the better footage put out, there are a lot of people that have never seen them play live.

Most of the masters of tapes like this are in Umatic
or Betacam SP format so the quality from the masters
is pretty good, but for the sound we would need to
run directly from our Umatic/Betacam machines into the
digital tape format.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-19-2003 19:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

maaaaannnnnnn! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD-
yu be de bomb
well- actually 1985 DA ..is the bomb.
I know the quality is ..well, its 1985!
but when you get past that...THINK now kids...
this was a CHRISTIAN band doing this- who could hold a candle to THAT (maybe Rez..but not may others)
I dont think you realize the impact of what these tunes did to people like ..well, I think we said Debby Boone!
LOVED IT.

gimmemore............

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-19-2003 20:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BD
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Aye, we know who filmed it, we have access to the master.
We have talked to someone about putting the entire thing
out officially.

I'd be more than Happy to turn it into a DVD Wink

It would be great to see this one done right, from the short footage I have it looks like it was a great show. The tape I have is only like three or four songs.

"this was a CHRISTIAN band doing this- who could hold a candle to THAT" -jiminy

I have some other stuff from that time period, not much and most of the video quality is worse than this, but you can still see how tight the Guys were back in the touring days. DA ROCKED! (and still do I might add Big Grin )

As a side note:
If Tim C. is reading this, back at Cornerstone '84 were you playing lead guitar on several songs?
02-19-2003 20:34 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'll take a DVD of this.

02-20-2003 09:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

BD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, i was playing guitar on several songs at c-stone 84, and i apologize for that. thank God greg came along when he did.

and i think this clip has to be from cornerstone 85? that's ric alba (from early Undercover for you kids too young to remember) playing bass on that one gig. i was in europe with my wife. we'd just gotten married, didn't have an apartment or house, da was going to be playing a few times over there (england, holland) and we went over there early to spend as much time as possible, but missed the cornerstone gig.

and i think i missed one of the best shows the band ever did!
02-20-2003 10:16 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I really want to see this. Good story Tim. Was Rick Alba in Undercover too? I thought he was only in the Alter Boys. Either way I'm a big fan of his solo stuff.

02-20-2003 11:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ahhhhhhhhh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the tangled web they weave.
(wrap me up Shelob, and sting me good!)

Someone should be writing these facts down kids......
Its HIStory in the making.......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-20-2003 11:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I'm a fan of his Altar Boys stuff too. I really like "holes in the floor of heaven." Did he ever do any other solo stuff?

02-20-2003 12:23 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Holes In The Floor Of Heaven is the only one I know of but it is great.

02-20-2003 16:10 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I'll take a DVD of this.

Meeee tooooo! Smile )

02-20-2003 16:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Me three!!! Big Grin

oh, as soon as I get a new DVD player.... my ex-wife took that....... Crying

02-20-2003 16:53 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

DVD players are pretty cheap now dude! Smile )

02-20-2003 16:54 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

audiori

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
yes, i was playing guitar on several songs at c-stone 84, and i apologize for that. thank God greg came along when he did.

and i think this clip has to be from cornerstone 85? that's ric alba (from early Undercover for you kids too young to remember) playing bass on that one gig. i was in europe with my wife. we'd just gotten married, didn't have an apartment or house, da was going to be playing a few times over there (england, holland) and we went over there early to spend as much time as possible, but missed the cornerstone gig.

and i think i missed one of the best shows the band ever did!

this thread rocks ! Smile

maybe you could start a disscussion forum section where people can ask specific questions to specific people & only the one who is being asked can reply ?

Not that I mind reading threads that are like This...

when is TST BiG comming out ?

I do not Know. terry is really busy.

busy Shocked doing what Confused

LOL Big Grin

Big Grin

CooL !

what Confused

I said cool Roll Eyes

oh, LOL Big Grin

...anyway its just an Idea Wink

02-20-2003 17:02 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

LOL! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

people would just post off topic like on Marty's Demos! Tongue

02-20-2003 17:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We were told that clip was from '85 and from Anahiem
California... but that could be wrong information,
we've never been able to verify it for sure.

I think the lineup was Terry Taylor, Ed McTaggert,
Greg Flesch, Rob Watson, Ric Alba, Alex MacDougall,
and there is someone else there in the back playing keyboards too but we never could tell who it was.

Maybe we will persue this in the near future, we have
2 other DVDs in the planning stages. One of which is the
"Making of Buechners" DVD, which just takes a lot of editing
and planning to figure out a good format or schedule.
And the other DVD is a secret... Shocked

Anyway, we will try and get the master and maybe we can get
the ball rolling on this one.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-20-2003 17:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
people would just post off topic like on Marty's Demos! Tongue

I mean to actually make it impossible to post unless you are that person... I know personal message works for that but, it is good to read actual facts, stories etc. from people who KNOW like, tchandler, audiori, jeffery k.

one could post a BDDVD question to BigDorK
& only he could answer.

but the question & answer may be of
interest to a few others...

02-20-2003 17:24 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:

my wife warned me about buying DVD's on the internet Wink

02-20-2003 17:26 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:

my wife warned me about buying DVD's on the internet Wink

LOL! Tongue

02-20-2003 17:30 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

my wife likes 'em. Wink

02-20-2003 17:57 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA video from '85

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH