Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Long lost da alarma Vinyl » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Long lost da alarma Vinyl
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
beash
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 12-21-2005

Long lost da alarma Vinyl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found a place that has this factory sealed vinyl....does anyone even care anymore about da vinyl, or is it all about cds?
12-21-2005 17:38 beash is offline Search for Posts by beash Add beash to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

RE: Long lost da alarma Vinyl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if you are wondering if it's worth anything.... no, not much... those trade on e-bay for under 10 bucks...
if you don't already own this masterpiece and have a record player, buy it anyways! Big Grin

Cool
12-21-2005 17:46 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Long lost da alarma Vinyl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Already have a vinyl copy although it is no longer in mint condition. Someone drew a moustache on Terry with a pen.

Never found out who did it. Mad Mad

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
12-21-2005 17:52 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked RE: Long lost da alarma Vinyl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

on this board that would be considered blasphemous! Mad

Cool
12-21-2005 18:30 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I've been watching things on ebay lately. You are right that albums usually only sell for under $10.

BUT

(and this is amazing)

a few days ago, a copy of Randy Stonehill's first album "Born Twice" sold for $110.00.

I was amazed as I watched that baby climb higher and higher... phew... and it was definitely an album... nothing but vinyl.

The closest thing in the DA world that I've seen was a DFBB CD that sold for $74.00 about a month ago.

I have a friend who says there are some folks out there that swear by vinyl and have high end stereos to play their stuff. I'd love to have SOMETHING that plays all my old vinyl... my record player broke down a couple months ago.

Cheers!
Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

12-21-2005 18:47 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

An original mint LP of Fraction - Moon Blood just sold for $1278.00 on Ebay. I knew it has gone for a lot in the past. I have the CD that was reissued a couple of years ago.

See here for info:

Ebay

and here:

Band Info

and still here:

Jesus Music

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mark: 12-21-2005 18:59.

12-21-2005 18:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have a copy of alarma on vinyl unopened sitting in my closet..... if anybody wants to pay me $100 for it, pm me and i'll mail it out tomorrow........ Big Grin

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 12-21-2005 19:53.

12-21-2005 19:30 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
beash
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 12-21-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by beash
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well, if anyone cares, its at www.qualityjunk.com
12-21-2005 19:33 beash is offline Search for Posts by beash Add beash to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
Already have a vinyl copy although it is no longer in mint condition. Someone drew a moustache on Terry with a pen.

Never found out who did it. Mad Mad

I guess they missed the ol' moustachio'd Terry from them days with the country-western sounding DA.

12-21-2005 19:43 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by beash
well, if anyone cares, its at www.qualityjunk.com

Thanks for the link! Smile )

I tend to go for CDs too, but I still have a record player that I have not hooked up in a few years and if I found, say Fearful Symmetry, on vinyl cheap that might be a good excuse to hook it back up and figure out what software to use to digitize it (and thus other old LPs and cassettes worthy of continued listen but not full price re-purchase).

edit:
I would pay full price for FS on CD, but not what I have seen it going for. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 12-27-2005 11:03.

12-27-2005 11:02 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I unpeeled the seal during the BBQ tour on my
ialarma!
vinyl to have terry sign it-
its never been played ..but has lost that total "mint" condition..

worth it to me.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-27-2005 12:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Long lost da alarma Vinyl

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH