Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Do You Get the Humor? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Do You Get the Humor?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Do You Get the Humor? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I presided over a funeral yesterday. The pianoist played these songs in this order:
1. The Old Rugged Cross
2. Just a Closer Walk With Thee
3. I Come to the Garden Alone
I nearly laughed out loud. What does this have to do with TST?
LK-9

08-23-2002 22:23 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got "Knowledge and Innocence," so I know the answer to that.
08-23-2002 22:30 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee

I found it to be quite funny. The pianoist never heard of TST, but like Elvis, Terry is everywhere! Big Grin

08-23-2002 22:31 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

And we're grateful.

08-24-2002 14:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee

That is the one I play the least.

08-24-2002 14:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gamgee

quote:

That is the one I play the least.

You know, I don't play it that often, but when I do, I really feel something I don't feel very often... Smile

08-24-2002 14:58 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I have 2 versions of Knowledge & Innocence. The music of course is the same, but the picture on the CD is totally different. And one is signed by Terry on the disc.

08-24-2002 14:58 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I have almost bought it on disc a few times, but I think I would get "briefing" first.
However, I am pretty happy with the tape versions of the both! Big Grin

08-24-2002 15:00 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Aren't both hard to find on CD now? I guess I haven't paid attention since I have them.

08-24-2002 15:05 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Aren't both hard to find on CD now? I guess I haven't paid attention since I have them.

I think so. I think K&I might be eaiser... but I'm not sure on that one.

08-24-2002 15:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Have you heard Uncle Stonehill's Hat, and if so, what's it like?

08-24-2002 15:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Have you heard Uncle Stonehill's Hat, and if so, what's it like?

No. Have not heard it.

08-24-2002 15:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Isn't it a children's CD? And does Terry sing on it? I've read about it in the past, but I don't remember.

08-24-2002 15:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Isn't it a children's CD? And does Terry sing on it? I've read about it in the past, but I don't remember.

Kinda like The Rap-Sures? Big Grin

08-24-2002 15:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I actually have the Rapsures CD. I mean it is Terry.

08-24-2002 17:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
I actually have the Rapsures CD. I mean it is Terry.

is it any good?

I know it's old an all, but is it worth a one time through?

BD

08-24-2002 18:48 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I haven't listened in a long time. It's definitely for kids. If I remember it has a few TST songs and then some covers. It's OK. It's probably a cross between the Farm Beetles, Sacred Cows, and Imaginarium. It's just sung mainly for kids.

08-24-2002 18:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I just put it in to take a listen. Though I'm sure the tracklisting is in the discography section on this DA website, here it is:

The Rapsures - Loud Proud And Born Again

1. Loud, Proud And Born Again (Words & Music by Terry Taylor, Doug Doyle, & Rob Watson)

2. You Can't Go Around The Cross (Words & Music by Terry Taylor, Doug Doyle, & Rob Watson)

3. Lord, Bless This Mess "Cafeteria Food" (Words & Music by Terry Taylor, Doug Doyle, & Rob Watson)

4. Can He, Could He, Would He, Did He? (Words & Music by John J. Chisum & Dwight Liles)

5. Zee Eye Tee (Words & Music by Terry Taylor, Doug Doyle, & Rob Watson)

6. My Little Sister (Words & Music by Terry Taylor, Doug Doyle, & Rob Watson)

7. More Power To Ya (Words & Music by Bob Hartman)

8. Freddie's Dead, Jesus Lives (Words & Music by Terry Taylor, Doug Doyle, & Rob Watson)

9. Get Right Or Get Left (Words & Music by Bob Farrell, Ed DeGarmo, & Dana Key)

10. Excellence (Words & Music by Terry Taylor, Doug Doyle, & Rob Watson)

This CD has some children singing background vocals and kind of a crap vibe. I think I bought this years ago for $1.00.

08-24-2002 19:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Uncle Stonehill's Hat Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Randy and Terry sat in a resteraunt booth and wrote the songs together... they said they were laughing so hard
they got a lot of looks.

Terry doesn't sing on it unless he is lost in the background vocals.. can't remember off hand.

Terry's daughter plays one of the main characters on the CD though!

The songs range from cutesy kids songs.. to sort of odd
muppets kinda stuff (for kids but odd enough for grown ups to get some humor from it.)

One song "My Destiny" actually had me laughing out loud.

jason t

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-24-2002 21:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Thanks for the info Jason. I appreciate it.

08-24-2002 22:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Do You Get the Humor?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH