Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » phil madeira speaks » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page phil madeira speaks
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

phil madeira speaks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

phil has his own myspace now, and had this to say...

"I have produced several great artists including Keb' Mo', Brooks Williams, Rich Mullins, Greg Trooper, Maeve, and Owen Temple, a great indie Texas songwriter. One of my favorite records to have produced is Terry Scott Taylor's "Avocado Faultline"."

pretty cool. he also has several songs for download, which i suggest you all go listen to.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-09-2006 08:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

larry -
I was watching the classic film "Double Indemnity"
with Fred MacMurray and Barbra Stanwyk yesterday morn (uhmm why wasnt I at church..)

anyway - theres a scene where in their conspiring they show them as they

"share some mexican food on Olvera Street"

I said outl oud " Hey!"

My first TST live show was Phil and terry-forever etched....Glad He liked it too!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-09-2006 08:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'll add him............ Pleased Cool

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
10-09-2006 13:05 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl

quote:
Originally posted by bereal

i already did Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

10-09-2006 15:50 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

i already did Big Grin

i did too. i don't know if he accepted yet, but he should, unless derri tells him not to. Tongue i also added buddy and julie, and andrew peterson. Pleased

Smile
10-09-2006 16:16 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

i already did Big Grin

i did too. i don't know if he accepted yet, but he should, unless derri tells him not to. Tongue i also added buddy and julie, and andrew peterson. Pleased

they are all my friends now! Pleased except andrew peterson Frown

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 10-09-2006 16:26.

10-09-2006 16:24 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

At The Choir CD party (what, a couple of years ago now?! Shocked ), Phil said he had some newer solo material (after Three Horse Shoes release) that he hoped to one day record. He said something like it was darker and reflected in some way the events of his life after that time. I would really like to hear some of it.

I have yet to get on myspace and probably won't. Guess I'll have to get br to play his songs for me.

He said he hadn't really had any dealings with Terry since Avocado Faultline and the touring he did with him.

We went and saw Greg Trooper last year after we moved here. I thought his song samples were pretty good and knew Phil had produced one of his CDs. He wasn't too bad and at that point was taking a simpler approach than on the CD Phil produced, if I remember correctly. He was a one man show and was a good, solid artist. He reminded me a bit of Bruce Springsteen with his Jersey accent and political comments, though. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 10-10-2006 12:03.

10-10-2006 12:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » phil madeira speaks

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH