Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 77's dvd » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's dvd
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is the 77's 99 DVD from the same basic source as the DVD that the ol' "complainer" Big Dork put together before? Confused

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-04-2007 11:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
Is the 77's 99 DVD from the same basic source as the DVD that the ol' "complainer" Big Dork put together before? Confused

Huh? What 77's "99" DVD?

Lo-Fidelity just released a CD from the "99" tour, and the audio was recorded by Steve Griffith of Vector fame.

I was given the source audio by the bands former manager a few years ago and it sat in a box with a ton of other tapes and CD's he gave me when they all parted ways. Bigdork had nothing to do with this release.

jeffrey k.

12-04-2007 14:00 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there may or may not have been a BDDVD release by that name... i can't remember.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

12-04-2007 14:15 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I'm sure whatever BD did was very limited in numbers, and it was above-board and he sent money from his projects back to the bands. I was just wondering if his project originated from the same source as yours, or if maybe it was a different concert from the same tour. I'll have to look at the BD-DVD later and see what it says. (Of course I saw no mention of it on his site anymore).

Since he's not doing that anymore and this is no longer available, there is no competition to worry about.

Oh, wait here it is:
It looks like the same tour but a different venue. I'm surprised Mike didn't mention this because he should have known about it. Maybe he forgot since it wasn't an "official" release and not widely advertised?

http://www.bigdork.org/images/BDDVD/BDDVD006/BDDVD006.htm

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 12-04-2007 14:18.

12-04-2007 14:15 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
I'm sure whatever BD did was very limited in numbers......
Since he's not doing that anymore and this is no longer available, there is no competition to worry about.

Yeah....I really didn't take it as "competition"....I just had no idea what you were talking about. Add to that, MANY people don't fully read the emails we send out advertising new releases, (based on all the emails I get with questions they could have found answers to just by reading the adverts...) so for all I knew, you maybe thought we were selling the BigDork DVD!

quote:
It looks like the same tour but a different venue. I'm surprised Mike didn't mention this because he should have known about it. Maybe he forgot since it wasn't an "official" release and not widely advertised...

Mention it where?

And it was from the same tour, and a different venue.

jeffrey k.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 12-04-2007 14:38.

12-04-2007 14:36 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
Mention it where?

And it was from the same tour, and a different venue.

jeffrey k.

I thought Mike might have mentioned the "77s 99" BD-DVD to you in the process of putting together your "77's 99" release, so that you would have already known about it.

I did misread your original post, thinking that you were releasing a DVD too. Red Face Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

12-04-2007 14:47 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
I thought Mike might have mentioned the "77s 99" BD-DVD to you in the process of putting together your "77's 99" release, so that you would have already known about it.

No he didn't. I don't even know that he has it. It wouldn't have mattered if he had though....to be honest. Mike titled the cd and gave direction on the art and photos. One is official, the other isn't. It's not an issue.

quote:
I did misread your original post, thinking that you were releasing a DVD too. Red Face Big Grin

figures.... Wink Tongue Happy

jeffrey k.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 12-04-2007 15:10.

12-04-2007 15:10 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

For a copule of days the new 77s '99' CD was labeled as a DVD in the 77s webstore, I guess that caused some confusion for people....
12-05-2007 03:48 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

I was NeVeR confused Pleased

12-05-2007 08:05 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:

... Mike titled the cd and gave direction on the art and photos. ...

jeffrey k.

I was kinda surprised to see the art look so much like "88"? Maybe Mike was going for a family look?

I thought BD's DVD art was really cool-looking and maybe patterned after this 88/When Numbers Get Serious reissue?

Got a few miles left ...

12-05-2007 13:29 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

not sure why that would surprise you.... mike even mentioned it.

quote:
Mike had this to say about the recording:

"When Lo-Fidelity approached us about releasing a live album from our last tour (in 1999) to create a latter-day bookend to our much revered (and long out of print) live album from 1988 called "88", I was dubious. "Well, that's mostly gonna be a crappy album. I have complete recordings of most of the shows on that tour and I don't recall hearing anything I'd want to release!" The keyword here is "most", because when Lo-Fi sent me a copy of this wonderful concert from old pal Brian Quincy-Newcomb's Christ Church basement in St. Louis, MO, I was surprised at not only how good it was, but also by the song selection. I had totally forgotten that we'd even played some of these songs in concert, and it was a delight to hear them again. This album does indeed make a nice bookend to our old "88" album, not only because of the title and identical cover concept, but also because it is remarkably similar in its energy. It's proof positive that 1990's version of the band had a dynamic adventurous spirit that gave us a willingness to stretch out and expand our material in the same kinds of ways that the old-time original 77's from the 80's did. I highly recommend it to both our longtime hardcore fans and to any friends we picked up along the way in the 1990's and later. It's surprisingly fresh sounding even though it's been under wraps for eight years. What else can I say -- it rocks. Hard." - Mike Roe

www.lo-fidelity.com

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 12-05-2007 14:35.

12-05-2007 14:34 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
not sure why that would surprise you.... mike even mentioned it.

quote:
Mike had this to say about the recording:

"When Lo-Fidelity approached us about releasing a live album from our last tour (in 1999) to create a latter-day bookend to our much revered (and long out of print) live album from 1988 called "88", I was dubious. "Well, that's mostly gonna be a crappy album. I have complete recordings of most of the shows on that tour and I don't recall hearing anything I'd want to release!" The keyword here is "most", because when Lo-Fi sent me a copy of this wonderful concert from old pal Brian Quincy-Newcomb's Christ Church basement in St. Louis, MO, I was surprised at not only how good it was, but also by the song selection. I had totally forgotten that we'd even played some of these songs in concert, and it was a delight to hear them again. This album does indeed make a nice bookend to our old "88" album, not only because of the title and identical cover concept, but also because it is remarkably similar in its energy. It's proof positive that 1990's version of the band had a dynamic adventurous spirit that gave us a willingness to stretch out and expand our material in the same kinds of ways that the old-time original 77's from the 80's did. I highly recommend it to both our longtime hardcore fans and to any friends we picked up along the way in the 1990's and later. It's surprisingly fresh sounding even though it's been under wraps for eight years. What else can I say -- it rocks. Hard." - Mike Roe

www.lo-fidelity.com

yeah, i saw that but i'm still a little surprised. Mike always seemed to me to go for something different and not do the same type thing twice. i'm not saying that's bad, though, don't get me wrong.

if these 2 live albums are bookends, i sure hope there will be a whole 'nother shelf one day! Smile

Got a few miles left ...

12-05-2007 14:44 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Down! Uh... okay MF. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Roll Eyes

Why do you insist on asking questions you already know the answer to?
This whole thread is about you pretending to know less than you know.
What are you??? "Special?"

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-09-2007 13:20.

12-09-2007 13:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: Uh... okay MF. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Roll Eyes

gee, i don't know who peed in your cereal? Frown

i actually did have to go dig to find those answers. Red Face

i certainly don't think i'm special, but the new recording does sound like a special, neat release that Mike really likes and that is what is most important. Pleased Cool

Got a few miles left ...

12-10-2007 08:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
quote:

... Mike titled the cd and gave direction on the art and photos. ...

jeffrey k.

I was kinda surprised to see the art look so much like "88"? Maybe Mike was going for a family look?

I thought BD's DVD art was really cool-looking and maybe patterned after this 88/When Numbers Get Serious reissue?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course Mike directed the artwork- He's in his No 77 GREEN BAY PACKER shirt.....sweet!!!!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-10-2007 09:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Who is/was actually #77 of the green bay packers?

Got a few miles left ...

12-10-2007 09:40 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Cullen Jenkins

12-10-2007 11:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ok - I am assuming its His GB shirt - cuz I saw him wearing it in other shots...

btw- if you're confused by the info - do what I did to find the simple solution....
ORDER BOTH!! Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-10-2007 12:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: Uh... okay MF. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Roll Eyes

gee, i don't know who peed in your cereal? Frown

i actually did have to go dig to find those answers. Red Face

i certainly don't think i'm special, but the new recording does sound like a special, neat release that Mike really likes and that is what is most important. Pleased Cool

quote:

So this was a sincere question?
Right.

12-10-2007 18:55 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Who is/was actually #77 of the green bay packers?

There you go again, MF. Asking a question that you and everybody else knows the answer to.... tsk tsk tsk.....Cullen Jenkins rules the NFL....quit being silly, MF. Be real. Tongue

peawinkel has attached this image (reduced version):
cj.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by peawinkel: 12-10-2007 21:50.

12-10-2007 21:47 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 77's dvd

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH