Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » C-Stone 25th anniv. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page C-Stone 25th anniv.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

C-Stone 25th anniv. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Say it isn't so. Say that it is still early and plans are being ironed out. I was looking at the C-Stone website and the Dogs are only scheduled as part of the 25th anniversary celebration on the main stage. I expect that means they will get about 15 minutes between the Lee Boys and the David Crowder band.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
01-07-2008 17:42 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

RE: C-Stone 25th anniv. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sprinkler, forget that, let's bring the Dogs to Austin.
I'm serious. I'm down for at least a party of 10 and a bit of sponsorship help.
I've made the trip to Sheecago(Grayslake), it's a boogerbear.

01-07-2008 18:55 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by sprinklerhead
RE: C-Stone 25th anniv. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
sprinkler, forget that, let's bring the Dogs to Austin.
I'm serious. I'm down for at least a party of 10 and a bit of sponsorship help.
I've made the trip to Sheecago(Grayslake), it's a boogerbear.

I've already had them play in my back yard once. I'd love to do it again but not sure finances will allow. I make the trip to that area every once in awhile since my family is still there. It is a long drive but the pizza is worth it.

Also, I promised my about to be 12 year old daughter that I would take her to C-Stone this year.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
01-07-2008 20:53 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Question Please, please, please... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want to know what time DA will play conerstone this year? Cool

01-07-2008 21:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello Phalanges Sandwich.

Great name!

01-07-2008 21:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So many Eddies will be there... even DeGarmo.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-07-2008 21:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So maybe there will be an Eddies show? Shocked Pleased Cool

01-07-2008 21:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Haven't heard anything so far... maybe if they get some emails from folks wanting to see it, they'll consider it. Its a shame with so many of them being there that something couldn't be done... especially since its the first Cstone where the Midget will be on sale.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-07-2008 23:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Uh... okay. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I tried to email Terry on the board here, and it would not allow me too.

Confused

01-08-2008 06:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: Uh... okay. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think that was meant to be read as emailing the other way - to the C'stone peoples...
01-08-2008 07:54 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

It's too bad their voting process is so wonky. You register to vote, but it isn't for bands you would like to see in 08 (as the blurbs would have you believe), but for bands you liked when you saw them in 07.

What about bands you want to see that didn't play in 07?

Sure, you can e-mail them, but it seems the primary concern is repetition, no?
01-08-2008 09:27 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

If they're ever going to have some of our favorite bands again (like DA/SE) that just don't have the current popularity going on, then it seems like this would be the year? Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-08-2008 09:35 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It would seem that way, but there's As I Lay Dying and Flyleaf on the bill, but there are a lot of folks missing.

I just e-mailed a local CCM station out here. They play a lot of Newsboys and Jeremy Camp, interspersed with Daughtry and Switchfoot so the target audience will think it is cool. I asked them why they don't drop in older CCM'ers occasionally. The response was, "We do have a place for those artists on our station... Sunday morning, 10:00 AM."

It's like banging your head on a desk, I swear.
01-08-2008 10:07 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
The response was, "We do have a place for those artists on our station... Sunday morning, 10:00 AM."

It's sad because there really is only one type of Christian music radio format, which is basically Adult Contemporary. There is no classic rock format in the Christian world, and a lot of "classic" Christian rock would fit right in with secular classic rock radio, but it's either Christian or unknown to programmers, either way marking it unusable.

It seems some of our favorite music has been relegated to "hymn" status.

Would it really kill them to play a classic track a couple of times a day (Stonehill, Norman, 77's, DA, Keaggy), instead of playing Mark Harris yet again?!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 01-08-2008 13:44.

01-08-2008 13:43 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

I finally gave up asking XM 8 (the satelite radio 80s channel) to play "Mall All Over the World".
01-08-2008 14:54 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I very seldom listen to Christian radio, mostly classic rock. In fact I'm not sure exactly where the Christian station is and it is not a preset on my radios. I think it's somewhere between 88-94 FM. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-08-2008 14:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: Uh... okay. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
I think that was meant to be read as emailing the other way - to the C'stone peoples...

Oh! You a smart one! Pleased

01-08-2008 15:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It frustrates me because I see it, I think, pretty clearly. CCM radio plays a lot of the same tunes over the course of the day. Want to expand the playlist? You can! There are a couple decades of music out there. Some still sounds very contemporary, some not so. Some goes heavy on praise-language, some not so. It's a big, wonderful library out there, just waiting to be used.

Sure. Tune in Sunday 10:00 am. Until then, back to our Newsboys marathon.

Ay carumba.
01-08-2008 15:52 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

At least you can tune in sunday.

01-08-2008 20:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

I emailed our local station a couple of times, wondering about "no sense of history", it appeared that this brand new station, about 6 years old now, only had music made in the past say, 4 years, (unless it was Steven Curtis Chapman, etc of course) Anyway, I got a good response back from someone, one guy asked for suggestions from the last Choir album, or maybe it was the 2nd last now... suddenly now, well, in the last year or so, they've put on a Saturday morning "retro" show, it could be anyone from Sandy Patty to Bride, but its neat to be able to have the option to see if they'll play some of the good onesSmile They often play DA, though usually from Shotgun Angel... I wonder if they have any DA from the 80's now that I think of it!!! They play Stonehill, Heard, etc, They also do one song every morning, likely as a pitch for the show on Saturday, but its neat to be able to catch it once in a while, not that I listen, not when there's good talk radio to listen to...this week's line up has Mark Farner, Phil Keaggy, Keith Green, Sandy Patty, Lovesong, Petra, Newsboys, etc...

01-08-2008 23:40 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » C-Stone 25th anniv.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH