Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Shocked Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here is a great album from 1977. Shotgun Angel was the second album by Daniel Amos (the band, not the person). The style ranges from country rock to light rock with mostly Christian lyrics. This is a fun album as is their first, "'Aint Gonna Fight It" which is available again in a special 30th Anniversary Edition.
High Sounding Cymbal
Shocked Shocked Shocked Confused Confused Confused Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-02-2008 22:24.

04-02-2008 22:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

RE: Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmmm, what's with the Shotgun Angel download?

04-02-2008 22:28 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich
RE: Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
hmmm, what's with the Shotgun Angel download?

I wondered that too!

04-02-2008 22:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Probably just doesn't realize that its illegal.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-02-2008 22:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Lamp RE: Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Here is a great album from 1977. Shotgun Angel was the second album by Daniel Amos (the band, not the person). The style ranges from country rock to light rock with mostly Christian lyrics. This is a fun album as is their first, "'Aint Gonna Fight It" which is available again in a special 30th Anniversary Edition.
High Sounding Cymbal

Well, my eyes are gettin' heavy
And I ran out of vitamins......

the 77's version:

And I ran out of speed.... Shocked

Tongue

bobd

04-02-2008 22:53 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Probably just doesn't realize that its illegal.

"If he wasn't such a likable old soul, I'd have to re-educate the tar out of him."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 04-02-2008 22:57.

04-02-2008 22:56 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
quote:
High Sounding Cymbal

the 77's version:

Tongue

Great version of that song and it make me laugh out loud every single time I listen to it! Cool

04-02-2008 22:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

Question RE: Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
High Sounding Cymbal

the 77's version:

Tongue

Great version of that song and it make me laugh out loud every single time I listen to it! Cool

is that the "real" version?
did the stupid "Christian" record label make them change it? Mad Mad Mad

bobd

04-02-2008 23:20 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
High Sounding Cymbal

the 77's version:

Tongue

I don't know.

I guessed Mike Roe figured out what "vitamins" really were! Tongue

04-02-2008 23:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

did they have "speed" in the late 70's? by that name I mean, I guess likely they did...??? I seem to remember it in the mid 80's.

04-02-2008 23:55 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

60's..................

bobd

04-02-2008 23:56 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:

It wouldn't have been the first time they had to change lyrics for the record.
04-03-2008 13:35 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
quote:

Any personal stories???

04-03-2008 13:45 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
quote:

Any personal stories???

On the first DA record they changed a couple lyrics.
It seems from the interview Terry gives on the 2nd disc,
they were changed on the advice of Al Perkins the producer.
So I don't really know if the "had" too change those lyrics.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-03-2008 16:36.

04-03-2008 16:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

It probably just wouldn't of sold at the time had they not. They originally wrote a lot of the songs with street people in mind, but when the album was made they had to sell it in Bible Book Stores to a pretty tame audience. I mean think of it this way, had they not changed the lyrics, and those stores hadn't carried the album and it tanked.. the band might of fell apart like some of the other bands of the time. There were quite a few with one or two albums for their entire career.

04-03-2008 19:02 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I'm sure it would have not been carried in the stores.
I am sure a lot of bookstores would not want to carry it now.

Steve Taylor had problems with "I Predict 1990" as did Scaterd Few with their "Sin Disease" record, so this is nothing new.

04-03-2008 19:27 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I really don't know what is worse, the hyper-vigilance of the past or the bland shallowness of the present. Either way, it cannot be fun travails for an "artist" in this "product" medium.
04-03-2008 19:36 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ubique Epoque

No. It's pretty rough, and always has been for a real "artist."

Since I have been kind of getting into Jason Martin's stuff again...
I wonder how many records a band like Starflyer 59 sells? Confused

04-03-2008 20:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Well, I tend to get them eventually (although I still don't have Singing Voice vs. Talking Voice), but SF59 is so vague at times and moody at other times that I imagine they tag their fans at least...
04-03-2008 20:53 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ubique Epoque

Yeah I pretty much get everything too. Pleased

Of course I get pretty much everything of a lot of bands that don't sell many records! Shocked

04-03-2008 21:03 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH