Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Rapsures » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rapsures
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ctrups ctrups is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-02-2008

Rapsures Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So will the Rapsures albums ever be released on CD,either individually or as a compilation.

DEAN
09-06-2008 14:17 ctrups is offline Search for Posts by ctrups Add ctrups to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd buy 'em just for the laughsures!

Big Grin

09-06-2008 17:33 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shocked

09-07-2008 09:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

i have two songs on one of those "Premiere" promo cassettes. ..you'd get em for buying a retail cassette (Sparrow I think)

Anyway, that wll satisfy any 'historical value project" slot I need for the man.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-07-2008 09:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yes, and then some! Tongue

09-07-2008 09:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

make it a double
(of what one may need)
Big Grin

09-07-2008 10:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We can check in to who actually owns those. It wouldn't be troo difficult putting them into our cheaper CD reissues, as long as we can get permission.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-07-2008 11:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

yo yo - I'd hawk my beeper
if I had an edition that I could call~
cheaper

n'

Sugar Hill's gonna need a pill
Grandmaster Flash gonna get a rash

09-07-2008 16:10 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Loud, Proud & Born Again was released on CD.

09-07-2008 18:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Doing a little research on da.com, I find three Rap'sures albums: Gospel crap (1985), OT crap (1987) and Loud, Proud And Born Again (1990). There was also a "Megamouth: crap Battle In The Big City" thing from 1987 and "Megamouth 2: The Great Skateboard Adventure" from 1988.

I also found these on the interent:

(from hhhdb.com)
"One of the first Christian crap album released in the CCM market, 1985's 'Gospel Rap' by the crap Sures, started off as a joke. Terry Scott Taylor recorded the album with Rob Watson & Doug Doyle as 'The Rap’sures.' And so the crap Sures became one of the first Christian crap acts to release a nationally distributed record."

(from some guy named Nick Mucci)
"I remember back when I was in middle school, I was getting into crap music. I think this mortified my parents, so my mom went and purchased me two Christian crap tapes...yes, tapes...the groups name was the Rap'sures. Yeah, that's right, the Rap'sures...a group of 8-9 white kids rapping about living for Jesus. In the pantheon of great rap...this crew...well...let's just say, one of the tapes never got played..."

(from some book called Selling God)
"...and for 'rap,' the records of the Rap-Sures."

(from a New York Times article from 1987)
"...and crap songs about Noah and Moses by the Rap-Sures."

(from some guy calling himself "Der Schimmelreiter")
"The Rap-Sures used the cheesiest drum machine ever (it was like a $19.95 Casio keyboard, only without the coolness) and did cheesy lame white-guy crap. These guys made Vanilla Ice sound cool, they were that bad. Try to crap something like:
We’re rap-sure about the Rapture,
That’s why we’re rappin’ ‘bout the Rapture!

I don’t care how ghetto you are, it’s gonna sound stupid."

09-07-2008 19:27 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

did it make the needle jump at all on the fruit- o-meter???

09-08-2008 09:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

don't look now, but there's a coupla rapsures CDs on ebay for $13-$15 or so.

a megamouth cassette for $18

maybe i would used to be completist and get it, but there's only so much room to keep CDs anyway, and no money these days.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-28-2008 15:49 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

as when they were first released, i have no interest..........

Cool
10-28-2008 16:06 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

are you 'sure? Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-30-2008 12:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
gowensby gowensby is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-25-2006

I had the first one on LP back in the day. The second one I found in a pawn shop for a couple of bucks. I'm a completist, so some of the MegaMouth stuff would be fun to hear once and put away.

Honestly, if it was put out as "The Swirling Eddies present the Rap'sures" or "The Rap'sure of Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor" people could appreciate it for waht it was...a joke.
11-26-2008 21:50 gowensby is offline Homepage of gowensby Search for Posts by gowensby Add gowensby to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Rapsures

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH