Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 'Travelog' intro » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 'Travelog' intro
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

'Travelog' intro Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, first an apology - this is a total übergeek observation:

It just occurred to me that the repeated synth notes played over the opening 16 bars of 'Travelog' are E-B-D-E. This would appear to echo the guitar ostinato riff throughout the song 'Ghost Of The Heart'. I wonder if this was meant to be a deliberate callback, so as to provide some musical unity between Vox Humana and its two predecessors, or if it's just dumb coincidence.

I'm also curious if there's any significance to the fact that the song begins on the second beat of the first bar rather than the downbeat. Probably not - more likely Engineer Doug was late with the faders... Tongue
11-21-2008 21:29 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'll try and remember to ask rob if he remembers anything about that.

11-21-2008 22:52 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

RE: 'Travelog' intro Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
Okay, first an apology - this is a total übergeek observation:

It just occurred to me that the repeated synth notes played over the opening 16 bars of 'Travelog' are E-B-D-E. This would appear to echo the guitar ostinato riff throughout the song 'Ghost Of The Heart'. I wonder if this was meant to be a deliberate callback, so as to provide some musical unity between Vox Humana and its two predecessors, or if it's just dumb coincidence.

I'm also curious if there's any significance to the fact that the song begins on the second beat of the first bar rather than the downbeat. Probably not - more likely Engineer Doug was late with the faders... Tongue

Chances are very good that it was intentional since Doppelganger ended with the "Hollow Man Reprise" which is "Ghost Of The Heart" in reverse. Good ear, there!
11-22-2008 12:28 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And don't forget the keyboard bit at the beginning of Alarma (the song) is re-used at the end of Hollow Man.
I'd bet the Travelog thing is intentional.

11-23-2008 14:09 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 'Travelog' intro

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH