Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » the ultimate "fans" band » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page the ultimate "fans" band
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

the ultimate "fans" band Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've come to the conclusion that Terry and all of his projects is the ultimate fans band.
There is noone who has been so prolific yet so consistent than Terry.
On top of all the original releases, there is anways an illusive new version of an older album.
Terry is too good to be true.

My only real complaint is that it's too hard to keep up...without going broke.
Trying to figure out which one's aren't as essential is painful...even impossible.

Anyways, I guess this is really a "thanks Terry" thread...and here's hoping that in the next few years I can catch up with the complete Taylor discography.

11-14-2008 13:09 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I used to have the same complaint about the cost to keep up and I think I've used a way to manage it better. My advice is- buy what you can from the DA store when it is available. I say this because that means it has been released or re-released and what you are buying is at as low a price as you will ever see plus the artists will actually profit from it.

Ebay is good for stuff out of print, but auctions can be very pricey for Daniel Amos items. Even for the stuff out of print, you may be able to wait awhile and get it from the DA Store. DFBB is a good example- I have tried to buy it in the past and always get bid out of my price range. Now I can buy it from this site for only $17 plus I'll get bonus material.

The original album, Daniel Amos, was starting on ebay auctions for $50. Then it became available here. Again, I tried to buy it on ebay first but it always got too expensive, then I got a better version right here.

11-14-2008 13:27 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are also certain things that basically can always be printed by DA, and there are certain things that can't. If something is basically put out by Stunt/DanielAmos.com it will be always available. Something like the Darn Floor reissue might not be reissued again for a very long time.

And I agree, don't pay $100 on ebay.

11-15-2008 10:43 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » the ultimate "fans" band

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH