Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Gussy is a very lucky boy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gussy is a very lucky boy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Gussy is a very lucky boy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeeeehaw, DAMBers. Hot Digity Lost Dog!

Gussy got lucky and scored a Seventy Seven's CD at his fave Used Bookstore...

(This is loosely on-topic, since I see Mr. Taylor is listed in the credits on Drowning...)

I must make a confession. I loved the Seventy Sevens but haven't listened to them much in years. I was a fanatic about Ping Pong Over the Abyss. In fact I would still be a fanatic about it if my cassette tape sounded okay after all these years, but I believe I've played it so much that you can hear side two playing backward faintly in the distance when you listen to side one, and visa-versie... ditto with the flip-side.

I even loved All Fall Down...

But I lost interest a little bit when The 77s wasn't as powerful as their first two albums. (Was that just me? Or didn't they wain just a little bit then?)

Anyway, now I've found myself a decent CD copy of Drowing with Land In Sight, and Hot-Digggidy-LostDog Hallaluja, it's pretty dang good!

Now I'm tempted (Oh, so tempted) to splurge on a Field of Radioactive Crows!

Just throught I'd share my joy.

Cheers!

Gussy Boy...

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

10-29-2002 10:55 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
LKarl-9
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-25-2002
Location: Some folks call it a slingblade, I call it a kaiserblade....Carl Childers

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Gus,
Good to cya, and congrats. I don't know if you ever noticed my post a while back, but I enjoyed your book. It was obviously dark, but intriguing. You are a very talented writer. How is the writing going for you these days? I trust life is well.
LKarl-9
10-29-2002 11:00 LKarl-9 is offline Send an Email to LKarl-9 Search for Posts by LKarl-9 Add LKarl-9 to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

By coincidence.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....I'm listening to it right now. I have to admit, I didn't like it much at first, but I think it had a lot to do with the "heavy" sound of the first several songs before MR finally gives way to more Smiths-like strains (i.e., "Mezzo" & "The Jig Is Up"). Plus, I always hated Led Zeppelin. But heck, I even like that one nowadays; "Dave's Blues" is just great, "Film at 11" is way spiffy; "Alone Together" sounds like it'd've fit perfectly on The Boat Ashore; and "For Crying Out Loud" almost makes me do just that....

....and the funky Crow thang is even better! Buy it, you fool!

...bearing in mind that I love (most of) 77, and can't stand Ping Pong (aside from "Denomination Blues")....

carl
np: "Cold Cold Night" (which is still too Stones-y for me, but I'll live....)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
10-29-2002 11:04 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

COINCIDENCE???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

K-8
(not to be confused with k-9)
I too was sort of "re- introduced " to the 7's with DWLIS.
are U sure it isnt Ojo Taylor that is in the credits?
anyway- after the opening number(Nobodys Fault) I noticed that my shirt was ripped wide open and I was going
OOOHHH YAHH into a hand held phantom mike!!!!
(not a pretty sight)
JiMIny
10-29-2002 11:06 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kaf-N-8ed
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl

....and the funky Crow thang is even better! Buy it, you fool!

...bearing in mind that I love (most of) 77, and can't stand Ping Pong (aside from "Denomination Blues")....

carl
np: "Cold Cold Night" (which is still too Stones-y for me, but I'll live....)

Hmmm... yes, the funky Crow thang.... that's the thang...

You know, MRoe will be with the Dogs at that little GIG coming up here in Seattle with Theo (and his logic)...

I am wondering. Probably nobody here could answer..

But I DO SO WONDER if there will be any Lost Dogs, Seventy Sevens, Daniel Amos, etc. CDs for sale at that gig. Would such a thing be unheard of?

Of course, I know it's a "release party" for Theo's CD. So, if one guy is releasing his CD, does that make it inappropriate for others to sell some of their CDS????

Because... (Oh, the temptation!) it will be so much MORE TEMPTING, if I'm at that little gig (and I will be) and there's a whole table full of my favorite bands' CDs for sale...

(Gussy-boy is drooling on his keyboard...)

Yikes...

Well, we shall seee.

Cheers!
GB

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

10-29-2002 11:11 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Hey Carl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You took the words right out of my mouth. That's exactly how I feel about Drowning. The one exception is that I've always liked Nobody's Fault. Every once in a while I put Drowning and It's for You in the player just so I can listen to both versions back-to-back.

Tom Tom Blues is another matter. Still can't get into it.
10-29-2002 11:11 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by jc
K-8
(not to be confused with k-9)
I too was sort of "re- introduced " to the 7's with DWLIS.
are U sure it isnt Ojo Taylor that is in the credits?
anyway- after the opening number(Nobodys Fault) I noticed that my shirt was ripped wide open and I was going
OOOHHH YAHH into a hand held phantom mike!!!!
(not a pretty sight)
JiMIny

Yes, yes, maybe I'm losing my mind. You are right Gene Eugene and Ojo Taylor...

but I could have sworn...

Well, it's almost on topic!!!!

~Kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

10-29-2002 12:15 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by web
You took the words right out of my mouth. That's exactly how I feel about Drowning. The one exception is that I've always liked Nobody's Fault. Every once in a while I put Drowning and It's for You in the player just so I can listen to both versions back-to-back.

Tom Tom Blues is another matter. Still can't get into it.

I really like Snake.

But then again, I loved Ping Pong too...

~Gus

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

10-29-2002 12:17 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
morimoto
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-10-2002

Drowning... is good ,but to me Sticks and Stones and Pray Naked are more solid efforts. I admit the 77s lost me starting with Tom Tom Blues, but Roe's solo efforts are great and might as well be 77s material.-Especially 'Its For You' live album, I'm still kicking myself for missing that tour.
10-29-2002 13:54 morimoto is offline Send an Email to morimoto Search for Posts by morimoto Add morimoto to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Gussy is a very lucky boy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH