Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAmbIT 10/17/02 update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAmbIT 10/17/02 update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

DAmbIT 10/17/02 update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAmbIT

Woo hoo

we are going to have one heck of a fan tribute CD!

If you sent in a song, please send me an email about your song and if you want your real name in the credits or just your screen name. And anything else you want me to put on the web page for your song.

BD

10-17-2002 09:56 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Congrats Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Congrats, BD! Nice to see such things come to completion, eh? You done good, son! Big Grin
10-17-2002 10:50 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Congrats, BD! Nice to see such things come to completion, eh? You done good, son! Big Grin

I'm not done yet...

I've still got allot to do to get everything into a nice neat package. I'm going to see where I'm at with everything over the weekend and come up with a release date and price. (I hope)

You all should have it in your DAmb hands by Christmas at the latest and Thanksgiving at the earliest. Depending on how many copies I have to make.

how’s that for narrowing it down? Roll Eyes

BD

10-17-2002 14:05 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-27-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your hard word, BD. I'm sure it will pay off.

I was stoked when I heard Woggy and jc did a cover of "Wall of Heaven." It's a great song and sounds like a good cover of it, too.

Maybe if we ever do this again, I'll try to record a tune. It's not a talent of mine, though....
10-17-2002 14:25 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

"The Wall of Heaven" eh?
that will be good! Big Grin

10-17-2002 16:27 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

hope so Smile

We had a good time putting it together........and the song is so relevant for me.........

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-17-2002 16:55 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Yeah, thanks BD. While some us are getting all stressed out about getting a track done, you are working on getting this whole thing together. I feel so small now... Big Grin

10-17-2002 23:54 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

I want a whole disc of Woggy and jc! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you guys ROCK!
Cool

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
10-18-2002 00:20 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

you folks are too kind...(to me that is)

I agree about JC and Woggy!

make more please Big Grin

BD

10-18-2002 00:26 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

BD ROCKS!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD BD BD BD BD BD BD BD BD BD BD BD
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!
Cool

10-18-2002 00:30 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

i feel. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

like that great line
from Wizard of Oz
"Ah shucks..it was nothin."
10-18-2002 15:39 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by jc
like that great line
from Wizard of Oz
"Ah shucks..it was nothin."

except it wouldn't be accurate....it was something, and it is gooood!

10-18-2002 15:46 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I can't wait to hear it!
I really like that song! (Wall of Heaven)

10-18-2002 16:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

BD, you're doing a great job!

10-18-2002 19:16 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

such sweet people you are. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am touched.

NO, NO, NOT in the head..................

It was such a delight to do this - with my lil brother, who is the nicest guy (even though he IS a Cheesehead!)......

I, too, am looking forward to hearing all of the songs - by all of you folks. What a neat thing our friend BigDork has done for all of us.........

WE LOVE YOU, MAN!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-21-2002 12:41 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

You all need to remember who started this whole thing (and you can also blame him if it all goes wrong)Wink

quote:
Originally posted by ™
an album of TST tunes as covered by the DAmb?!!!

Send in yer mastered version of yer favorite TST tuneage and our friends at Galaxy Records'll create a fans only collectors edition CD!

And this is not for musicians only, remember it's a fans disc! Woggins, BD, JC, LK9, shempster, Dr. and the Mrs., Joey T and everybody submit yer cover of yer favorite TST/DA/SE/LD (even if it's just you hummin' into a kazoo!)

Hey! I mean how can they not?! It'll be a riot!

It was ™'s idea and he let me run with it. Not to mention his version of Bibleland that I almost like better than the original! Thanks little tm!

BD

10-21-2002 19:22 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

cool idea tm! Big Grin

10-21-2002 20:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

(even if it's just you hummin' into a kazoo!) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Certainly the initial presentation of the idea was somewhat touch-in-cheek-

quote:
Send in yer mastered version of yer favorite TST tuneage and our friends at Galaxy Records'll create a fans only collectors edition CD!

Let's face it (or let's spin), it was an idea whose time was ripe, blessed by the Lord, I had a feelin' all us DAmbers were a talented bunch o' so-and-soes, now the cyber world knows it too-

Long live Terry Taylor and Daniel Amos!

-

PS an idea's only as good as the ones whose realize it. Hats're still off to BigDork, ya BigGaloot! And all the contributors, a DAmb fine buncha artists!

10-21-2002 23:28 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by ™
PS an idea's only as good as the ones whose realize it. Hats're still off to BigDork, ya BigGaloot! And all the contributors, a DAmb fine buncha artists!

true.

10-21-2002 23:37 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ™

True words. Many an idea has come and gone but it's those that are realized that'll linger on....

I truly appreciate BD puttin' himself on the line like this and committin' to getting this thing out---with a time frame no less! And after having struggled with getting just one small contribution sounding at least halfway decent, I really can appreciate what he's undertaking. As it says above, Hats Off To Ya, BD!

My submission is at long last in the care of the Fed Ex man. Lessons I've learned: START EARLY, get to know your equipment (and its limitations) ahead of time, practicepracticepractice, and START EARLY. It was fun to work on but I wish I had another week without any other commitments. Can't wait to hear all of the submissions and just how BD arranges it all. It's gonna be fun.

In the meantime, thanks again for the opportunity to participate. It'll be neat for it all to see the light of day.

JB
10-22-2002 13:04 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAmbIT 10/17/02 update

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH