Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Theo says... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Theo says...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Theo says... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry Theo this is not about you. I was just listening to BibleLand. I haven't played this one in a long time.

Sorry, this one is kinda long.

The following lines from Theo's Logic got me thinking. Has anybody else had any experiences like these? Somebody out there has to have some interesting stories to share.

Jesus spoke to me only once audibly for sure
When I was down on my luck,
He offered me the cure
He said "This trial is over"
I haven't heard that voice since then
We both agree I'm a sinner,
and what happens in the end

I had a quarter in my pocket
I pumped way too much gas
and like those bread and fishies
my little quarter turned to cash

I have a couple. Here is my favorite. One day in church, I was playing on the worship team. My wife was pregnant at this time. A guy read the story of the pool of Bethesda. While reading it, I heard a voice say, "name your daughter Bethsaida because she is going to be a healer." It was that clear. Later, when I had a chance to look at the story that was being read, I could not find that name anywhere in it. I found out that Bethesda is often translated Bethsaida. My first thoughts were that it was a rather unusual name did I really hear from God and what about the "woe to you Bethsaida" scriptures. Turns out that my wife was not pregnant with a girl but a boy. She started going into labor with him around 4 months. This was due to a multitude of issues, one being an incompetent cervix. Her body was not able to hold a baby full term because here cervix was too short. About half the length of a normal woman. So, she had surgery to put a drawstring type thing on it. This remained until the day that she went into labor. A few years later, we were visiting a church where they move in prophetic gifts. A guy there prayed for my wife and said that God was going to do a physical healing in her. We get pregnant again. We debated on whether or not to have that surgery again. Should we trust that God was going to heal my wife? We were worried that something would go bad if we did not do the surgery so, we did. They took the stitches out 2weeks before due date. My wife went 4 more weeks before delivering. This time it was a 10 pound girl. Bethsaida (we call her Saida) was born. We were kind of pumped up after that. Got pregnant a third time and chose not to do the surgery. The doctor was worried based on history. So, he did a sonogram. He said that we made the right choice because her cervix was now longer than most women. So, all that to say, I believe that God spoke to me regarding my daughter 3 years before she was born. I found that to be very cool.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-27-2004 17:04 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Well, you got my attention, no matter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And good too! Cause that's a wonderful testimony/tale. And I'm glad I had the pleasure of reading it.
05-27-2004 17:16 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

me too!
05-27-2004 23:54 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very cool!

05-28-2004 06:29 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Theo says...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH