Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Saddest song » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's Saddest song
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Terry's Saddest song Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I vote for One More Time. That is one sad song. For those who thought this thread was about Terry's most sadistic song well, you'll have to start your own thread. Big Grin

05-17-2003 00:38 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"One more time" gets my vote too. Second would be "Light Princess"

05-17-2003 00:46 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Grand Encephalon

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It might just be the way that Gene sang it but Jimmy is sad. Terry has a lot of songs that are not quite sad but very melancholy. Dancing on Light comes to mind.

05-17-2003 00:59 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

I think both "One More Time" and "Light Princess" are beautiful, though "sad, sweet" songs.

But the most sad song of Terry's...the one that I feel deserves to be voted the Saddest of All is "He Fell In The Water" from the "Ojo - Relative " project! Crying Crying Crying

05-17-2003 02:15 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
77srock
unregistered

For the DA songs I'm familiar with, "The Father Explains" is brutally sad. I get depressed every time I listen to it, not because it glows with warmth or anything. It's a brutally honest and true statement: we are technological giants, yet remain moral midgets. We have the capacity to maim and destroy and kill; love and healing have taken a back seat to the baser part of our collective humanity.
05-17-2003 06:52
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Sleep Silent Child
Light Princess
05-17-2003 10:39 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

I would have to say Sleep Silent Child would be the saddest.

Others that have that sad feel to them are:

Lady Goodbye
My Hand to God
Rebecca Go Home

All songs about death and losing a loved one. Sad but yet comforting at the same time, because we will see them again. Crying Pleased

(near sighted girl with approaching) Tidal Wave
is just sad Frown

BD
05-17-2003 12:07 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Light Princess

One More Time

05-17-2003 12:09 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

It's funny but I was thinking about Lady Goodbye when I started this thread and then forgot to add it.

05-17-2003 12:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I cry when I hear The Wall of Heaven. I'm not familiar with some of the others named. Terry can write some excellent lyrics that really reach you.

05-17-2003 17:29 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Grand Encephalon

Most of those mentioned are on Knowledge and Innocence and Lady Goodbye is on Shotgun Angel.

05-18-2003 12:02 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I can't listen to My Hand To God, it makes me cry every time i hear it.
05-19-2003 10:37 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Note to Anna

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-19-2003 10:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

1 - "One more time"
2 - "Light Princess"
3 - "Sleep Silent Child"
4 - "Note to Anna"
5 - "Hole In The World"
6 - "A Sigh For You"
7 - "In The Distance"
8 - "Lady Goodbye"
9 - "Darkest Night"
10 - "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"
11 - "Mamas in the Desert, Daddy's in the Sky"
12 - "You Lay Down"
13 - "My Hand to God"
14 - probably a few more...

05-19-2003 11:32 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
1 - "One more time"
2 - "Light Princess"
3 - "Sleep Silent Child"
4 - "Note to Anna"
5 - "Hole In The World"
6 - "A Sigh For You"
7 - "In The Distance"
8 - "Lady Goodbye"
9 - "Darkest Night"
10 - "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"
11 - "Mamas in the Desert, Daddy's in the Sky"
12 - "You Lay Down"
13 - "My Hand to God"
14 - probably a few more...

Probably a lot more! I could never pick a song to fit in this catagorey, he has so many. But let me tell you his sad songs have made my sad days bearable.
Big Grin

05-19-2003 11:53 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Radiating Love
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 05-11-2003

"Vegas Story, Lost Dogs, from "Gift Horse"

"I lost everything for free drinks and a dream."
05-19-2003 11:58 Radiating Love is offline Send an Email to Radiating Love Search for Posts by Radiating Love Add Radiating Love to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

All true above
I'd personally add
Amber Waves Goodbye-
but Light Princess is my first thought

and did anyone mention Ghost Train to Nowhere?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-19-2003 12:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

just a few come back from the "Rocky Mountain Mines"

August 2005
05-19-2003 13:07 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Oh and "The Last Testament of Angus Shane"

"Lord, be with my children
and dear Sarah my wife.
Comfort their sorrows.
Lord, I love them more than life!"

Crying

August 2005
05-19-2003 13:09 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
the body politicker
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 05-20-2003
Location: There's a reason God on high sent Christ his son to be a fisherman and to surround himself with fishermen. Now go fishing and find it.

oh how she loved the morning...
05-21-2003 12:07 the body politicker is offline Send an Email to the body politicker Search for Posts by the body politicker Add the body politicker to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Saddest song

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH