Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Coincidence? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Coincidence?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shemp
unregistered
Coincidence? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just thinking...

Is there any link to the song:
"Youth With A Machine"
and
YWAM

???????

Confused
03-13-2003 14:39
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

is that a serious question? Confused
i thought all Da fanatics would know that it was a play on that......

Cool
03-13-2003 14:49 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Confused

03-13-2003 14:51 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Everybody?
03-13-2003 19:52 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

ed-it.... Big Grin

Cool
03-13-2003 19:53 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by joey

Uh,
Some of us aint as bright as you Joseph....
03-14-2003 10:11
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

I don't see it . . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Youth With a Machine

from the album "Doppelgänger"
Words and Music by Terry Taylor
©1983 Twitchen Vibes/ Paragon Music Corp. ASCAP

Dedication: To the children and their parents.

Youth with a machine
He needs to know how to handle it all

Youth with a machine
Show him the exits
Among the metal parts
Consign him soft spots
(Targets of the heart)
He needs you now, he needs you now
Now more than ever

Youth with a machine
Blinding his eyes are laser lights flashing

Youth with a machine
How many years
Amid the tape and steel?
Record him this message
Say, "Love is real"
He needs you now, now more than ever

Youth with a machine
Wild grid of noise chants "Life is negation"

Youth with machine
(he's) drowning in echo
Amid the stained glass towers
Dead the innocent?
Gone the hour?

Youth with a machine
Youth with a machine...

any link to the song: "Youth With A Machine"
and YWAM ???????
I don't see it . . .
of course I didn't see that I left my Coffee
on the kitchen counter this A.M. ethier... Confused

03-14-2003 10:17 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
and YWAM ???????
I don't see it . . . of course I didn't see that I left my Coffee on the kitchen counter this A.M. ethier... Confused

Y outh
W ith
A
M achine

Unless of course you jest.

03-14-2003 10:30 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Unless of course you jest.

NoPe, I really did leave my Coffee on the kitchen counter this A.M. Tongue

03-14-2003 10:33 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

Warm it up then... Big Grin
03-15-2003 14:06
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
quote:

Uh,
Some of us aint as bright as you Joseph....

that's a scary thought.... Shocked

Wink

Cool
03-15-2003 14:47 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
and YWAM ???????
I don't see it . . . of course I didn't see that I left my Coffee on the kitchen counter this A.M. ethier... Confused

I'm with you there DaLe...

I thought that it was a song about a boy and his guitar...Shocked

Youth with a machine
Show him the exits
Among the metal parts
Consign him soft spots
(Targets of the heart)

Now more than ever

Youth with a machine

Youth with a machine
How many years
Amid the tape and steel ?
Record him this message
Say, "Love is real"

Youth with machine
(he's) drowning in echo
Dead the innocent?
Gone the hour?

Confused

03-15-2003 15:01 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by EdHead

I think its more a play on the letters than a direct reference to the organization, which seems to be terrific by the way.

03-15-2003 17:25 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:

I think its more a play on the letters than a direct reference to the organization, which seems to be terrific by the way.

... so, Beautiful One must be a reference to BO
as in Body Odor ! Confused

Behold this dreamer
In the arms of the beautiful one Big Grin

Distance and Direction must be about D & D

as in the old role playing game Dungeons & Dragons ???

The double life we live
Distance and direction run straight ahead

Roll Eyes

03-18-2003 09:02 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
Just thinking...

Is there any link to the song:
"Youth With A Machine"
and
YWAM

???????

Confused

so, The Pool

I know this song is about a piece of used TP
as in Toilet Paper ,

and it's final journey to the after life???

Upon an everlasting tide
Into the silent pool I glide
I plunge to wash this black heart clean
And rise a swan upon the wing

Deep in the fountain, now down, I go under
Then rise up, rise up forever

right ?

03-18-2003 09:06 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Uh....NO

03-18-2003 12:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
quote:
and YWAM ???????

I thought that it was a song about a boy and his guitar...Shocked

Youth with a machine
Show him the exits
Among the metal parts
Consign him soft spots
(Targets of the heart)

Now more than ever

Youth with a machine

Youth with a machine
How many years
Amid the tape and steel ?
Record him this message
Say, "Love is real"

Youth with machine
(he's) drowning in echo
Dead the innocent?
Gone the hour?

Confused

bunch of smart-asses.... Roll Eyes
ok, some of us saw DA live in the 80's and heard Terry say live that is what it is about, the YWAM thing....
I didn't even know what YWAM was before that........... Tongue

Cool
03-18-2003 13:05 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Shemp
unregistered

Tanks Yoseph!
03-18-2003 13:54
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

no problem.... Cool

Cool
03-18-2003 14:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
bunch of smart-asses.... Roll Eyes

Tanks Yoseph!

03-18-2003 16:48 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Coincidence?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH