Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Poll on Alarma » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Poll on Alarma
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Poll on Alarma Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and I think we all know how painful that can be...

List your personal favorite song from each of the Alarma Chronicles (not necessarily the best, but the one you enjoy most).

Results will be published in an upcoming literary journal.

I'll go first:

Alarma -- My Room (I can't help shaking my butt whenever it comes on; not a pretty picture)
Doppleganger -- I Didn't Build It for Me (what else)
Vox -- Home Permanent
Fearful -- Beautiful One (I'm just saying that to sound classy, but really it's Neverland Ballroom)
04-15-2003 15:07 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

here's mine (at least right now):

alarma - central theme
doppelganger - autographs for the sick (or y.w.a.m.)
vox humana - travelogue
fearful symmetry - when moonlight sleeps

04-15-2003 15:58 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BB-_
as you know- its IMPOSSIBLE,
but for the sake of unity:

1. thru the Speakers
2. Little Crosses
3. Sanctuary.
4. Shadow Catcher

Dont ask me tommorrow-
it will DEFINITELY be different
jimiNy CriCKet

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-15-2003 15:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Alarma--Through The Speakers
Doppleganger--Mall All Over The World
Vox Humana--William Blake
Fearful Symmetry--The Pool

04-15-2003 17:59 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

This is too tough and a couple of these songs may also change from day to day, except that I think The Pool is the clear winner from FS.

Alarma - Alarma
Doppelganger - The Double
Vox Humana - Travelog or Sanctuary
Fearful Symmetry - The Pool

04-15-2003 18:49 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Alarma- Central Theme
Doppelganger- Here I Am
Vox Humana- William Blake
Fearful Symetry- Sound Instruction

04-15-2003 19:42 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

Since I'm the only one of the folks here without the Alarma Chronicles (in box set or any other form) I guess I'll have to pick from what I do know from the "Personal Favorites" disc....

Alarma - Walls of Doubt
Fearful Symmetry - The Pool (well, this is probably in my top five of any DA songs, but that's beside the point)
Doppleganger - Mall (All over the World)
Vox Humana - Sanctuary (this one's probably in my top ten, at least....)

~ jeremy
04-15-2003 21:58
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

This is really tough...

Alarma! - No Spaceship (Bonus Track), Baby Game, Central Theme
Doppelganger - The Double
Vox Humana - Home Permanent, She's All Heart, Travelog
Fearful Symmetry - The Pool, Shadow Catcher

04-15-2003 23:54 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

i only play the chronicles now if i can play the whole thing, all 4 albums in a row....
to say one song is better than another is just wrong, it is a collective......... Cool

well ok, sanctuary is a damb good song! Big Grin

Cool
04-16-2003 00:07 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Well, you started off good anyway.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i only play the chronicles now if i can play the whole thing, all 4 albums in a row....
to say one song is better than another is just wrong, it is a collective......... Cool

I thought it was an autonomous collective.... Tongue
I sure didn't elect you king!

quote:

well ok, sanctuary is a damb good song! Big Grin

Hey Joey, you misspelled "The Pool"! Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-16-2003 07:40 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Why do you ask such hard questions? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Alarma: Props
DG: Autographs for the sick
VH: When Worlds Collide
FS: Neverland Ballroom

(That's what I think for today anyhows!Tongue )

04-16-2003 13:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver
Since I'm the only one of the folks here without the Alarma Chronicles (in box set or any other form) I guess I'll have to pick from what I do know from the "Personal Favorites" disc....
~ jeremy

Dude! Really? Man that sucks! Crying

04-16-2003 13:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

see? this is to hard! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Alarma- Central Theme
Doppelganger- Here I Am
Vox Humana- William Blake
Fearful Symetry- Sound Instruction

this list could eaisly be mine too! Shocked

04-16-2003 13:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

FS Rocks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I think The Pool is the clear winner from FS.

There are no clear winners Mark! Tongue

04-16-2003 13:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I think The Pool is the clear winner from FS.

There are no clear winners Mark! Tongue

lol! Big Grin

Cool
04-16-2003 13:16 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jilsentme
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-16-2003

Poll on Alarma Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Alarma - Faces to the Window
Doppelganger - New Car
Vox Humana - Home Permanent
Fearful Symmetry - Beautiful One
04-16-2003 15:18 jilsentme is offline Send an Email to jilsentme Search for Posts by jilsentme Add jilsentme to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

i honestly mean this Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ALL these lists could be mine-

can you think of ANY 4some of recordings that you enjoy
end to end?
I mean, in the middle of "Thanks for the Pepperoni" - I need to yawn a bit. ( and thats just near the end of a threesome)
and can you really dig Revolution #9...EVERYTIME?
not me-
the ialarma! chronicles is the TRUE white album here kiddles.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-16-2003 15:34 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
and can you really dig Revolution #9...EVERYTIME?

Same goes for "within you, without you" from Sgt Pepper.

Sometimes I am not in the mood for "real girls" but not very often anymore...

you're right... those albums are more solid than a lot of othere so called classics! Smile )

04-16-2003 16:12 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver
~ jeremy

Dude! Really? Man that sucks! Crying

You're telling me!! I missed my chance to get it when it first came out, and I'm too young to have bought them when they were originally out on disc.

I'd love to have the box set, but I'm not paying no 180 bucks for a set on Ebay. My wife would kill me.

~ jeremy
04-16-2003 21:00
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Mine would do the same to me.

04-16-2003 21:01 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Poll on Alarma

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH