Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Generational DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Generational DA
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Generational DA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a passing thought that has become a question of curiousity for me:

How many of you were turned on to DA/TST by your Fathers or somebody else a generation older than yourself?

And don't just say, "me, I was." Big Grin

Who was this person? How old are you?

What's your phone #??

Jus' kidding!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
06-16-2003 19:34 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nope, I found them on my own, but my 2 year old does a mean Dance Stop.

Much love to the Fathers. Especially you Theo.

August 2005
06-16-2003 19:51 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My brother was the first....he's 5 years older than me. Big Grin

06-16-2003 20:02 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

,My dad listening to DA? No way. But I will say one thing, I remember back in about '72 when I was 6 he had a bright red '69 Charger R/T with a screamin' 440 magnum with an 8 track player. He had "Johnny Cash-Live in San Quentin playing in that darn thing all the time! I was about the only 6year old who could sing "a boy named Sue." As I grew up and rebelled I wanted absolutly nothing to do with Johnny Cash. Now as I've wised up Big Grin , I got tons of Cash. Johnny that is....
06-16-2003 20:10 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
,My dad listening to DA? No way. But I will say one thing, I remember back in about '72 when I was 6 he had a bright red '69 Charger R/T with a screamin' 440 magnum with an 8 track player. He had "Johnny Cash-Live in San Quentin playing in that darn thing all the time! I was about the only 6year old who could sing "a boy named Sue." As I grew up and rebelled I wanted absolutly nothing to do with Johnny Cash. Now as I've wised up Big Grin , I got tons of Cash. Johnny that is....

Now I know why you like Sterling Marlin HEMI Big Grin

06-16-2003 20:14 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

Now I know why you like Sterling Marlin HEMI Big Grin

Actually I am A MOPAR guy thanks in part to my dads MOPAR drag racing past. But also NASCAR banned the HEMI after they literally dominated back in the late 60's early 70s..But yes, I started watching NASCAR again when DODGE returned. Unfortunatly it was #3's demise.. Frown
06-16-2003 20:18 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

I started watching Nascar about 4 years ago, my ex-wifes dad started me in on it, huge Dale Sr. fan!Crying I got hooked and have liked it since. Big Grin

06-16-2003 20:23 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Theo
Ooo! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any of you recall a guy named "Jerry Grant" back during the Uncer era?

Grant's garage was a couple blocks from my house at the house of the driver's nephew--my friend, Victor.

I wasn't into the cars, but Victor--an ample artist in oils--could make anybody appreciate the race!

Good lawd! I must sound like Frazier Crane trying to sound knowledgable on auto-racing! Crying Cool
06-16-2003 20:32 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Any of you recall a guy named "Jerry Grant" back during the Uncer era?

Grant's garage was a couple blocks from my house at the house of the driver's nephew--my friend, Victor.

I wasn't into the cars, but Victor--an ample artist in oils--could make anybody appreciate the race!

Good lawd! I must sound like Frazier Crane trying to sound knowledgable on auto-racing! Crying Cool

That sounds like open wheel foriegn racing. This is American,thundering,V8 powered NASCAR. A little different.
06-16-2003 20:34 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Frazier...I think you meant UNSER Big Grin
I don't really follow Open Wheel racin' so I wouldn't know to much about that.

If it ain't got fenders ya can't rub!
Rubbins' Racin' BABY!!!! Big Grin

06-16-2003 20:36 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay. Grant was an Indy racer.

Any body turned onto DA by the preceeding generation? Roll Eyes
06-16-2003 20:39 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

You've been listening to "DW" way tooo much... Big Grin
06-16-2003 20:40 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:

You've been listening to "DW" way tooo much... Big Grin

Boogity! Boogity! Boogity!
I bet you didn't think I even watched Nascar, when ya seen my name, huh? Big Grin

06-16-2003 20:43 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

generations Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm a first generation DA fan, but my kids have converted...at least the ones who are old enough to talk.

-Jolly
06-16-2003 21:14 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Hmmmm... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just seems like I'm hearing comments about 2nd generationers all the time (both here and the DADL) and so I thought I'd ask for specifics. So far, just us first (old fart) generationers! Big Grin
06-16-2003 21:39 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Shoot..........my dad threatned to destroy our tapes. Da was Rock and Roll and was not allowed....we listened in fear of our lives for a very long time.

06-16-2003 21:45 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

My parents listened to DA and Shotgun Angel while I was in the womb. I was born a fan. Strangly enough, they stoped liking DA when HD came out and so I had to become a fan later. Then when the Lost Dogs came out I told my dad it was Terry doing country again and he loved them.

06-16-2003 23:51 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Just seems like I'm hearing comments about 2nd generationers all the time (both here and the DADL) and so I thought I'd ask for specifics. So far, just us first (old fart) generationers! Big Grin

My dad indirectly turned me on to DA. He used to listen to them frequently as I was growing up in Japan. Unfortunately my dad passed away there. Later - in recent years - I listend to Alarma! and instantly recognized it. Kinda been hooked ever since.

06-17-2003 00:44 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

My dad liked John Wayne movies. That's as close as it gets.

06-17-2003 00:54 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I'm using the Lost Dogs to witness to my brother Dan (DanMan)
I'm using Glenn Kaiser and Darrell Mansfield to witness to BroJoe
My father wasn't into anything after Big Band, but my Uncle the priest (Father Uncle, to you) is kind of groovy- he knows Neil Diamond and plays guitar. I might turn that hipcat onto DA, it's right up his alley.

Smile )

06-17-2003 06:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Generational DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH