Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Many Sold... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Many Sold...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

How Many Sold... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay this is gonna take an absolutly HARDCORE DA fan to answer , or for that matter someone from the band..

I'm curious to aprox..how many various DA were sold? I'm not talking All together. Take for example thier best selling LP? What type of numbers are we looking at? 500,000? 50,000? 5,000?
What about the worst?DA in my collection is probably 4th as far as quantity. First is probably Larry Norman. I would guess that I have close to 40 different discs or records of him.
06-27-2003 23:11 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't know the answer but my collection of CD's is probably miniscule compared to some others here....

I think I have 40 or 50 CD's related to DA, Dogs, 77's, The Choir etc.....

06-27-2003 23:15 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that question has been discussed before here and even partially answered, hopefully someone can help out. i'm sure 500,000 is way too high, sadly.

06-27-2003 23:37 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
Okay this is gonna take an absolutly HARDCORE DA fan to answer , or for that matter someone from the band..

I'm curious to aprox..how many various DA were sold? I'm not talking All together. Take for example thier best selling LP? What type of numbers are we looking at? 500,000? 50,000? 5,000?
What about the worst?DA in my collection is probably 4th as far as quantity. First is probably Larry Norman. I would guess that I have close to 40 different discs or records of him.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's much more (if at all) than 10,000. Maybe Shotgun Angel is more if you count all the re-releases. The A bro's probably know or at least have an idea.
06-27-2003 23:38 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

just sending this to the top in case the audioris are checking us out and can help again on this one.

06-28-2003 00:44 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
just sending this to the top in case the audioris are checking us out and can help again on this one.

One is presently online too....
06-28-2003 00:45 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

my point exactly Wink

06-28-2003 00:46 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I have always heard the "Let's Spin", "Motorcyle" and as well as the first two DA records are really the only ones to make money...

It seems I heard the Eddies stuff sold something like just over 20,000 copies???

I don't know... but I would like to hear what folks have found out!

06-28-2003 11:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes, I've heard that Let's Spin was one of the bigger sellers.

I also heard that Horrendous Disc sold a whole lot.

06-28-2003 12:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Everyone was expecting shotgun angel two. Bet they were surprised Big Grin

06-28-2003 12:53 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

I get the idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that a "good" turn around on any TST or DA CD has been somewhere between 20 and 30 thousand. I could be very wrong, but that stuck in my head for some reason. And, of course, we're talking immediate sales--as in immediately following the release vs. over the long term.
06-28-2003 13:01 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

30,000 is not too bad.

06-28-2003 13:06 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

How about an answer audiori?

07-01-2003 20:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Stop badgering the witness
07-01-2003 22:26 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Unlike the time I kept talking to a large rodent about Jesus and was told to stop witnessing the badger

07-01-2003 22:41 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

badgers are atheists silly
07-01-2003 23:54 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

How's that for a blanket statement! Big Grin

~Groucho~
07-03-2003 11:05 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

...and i had heard that "darn floor, big bite" sold around 6,000 copies. Shocked

07-03-2003 11:30 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
...and i had heard that "darn floor, big bite" sold around 6,000 copies. Shocked

Crying

Cool
07-03-2003 11:33 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

and everyone from WI is an atheist then?

Wisconsin Badger Logo

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-03-2003 11:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Many Sold...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH