Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Press Conference » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs Press Conference
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Lost Dogs Press Conference Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is a notice in the timeline that the Dogs had a presser at C'stone. Does anyone have info to share on what the press conference was for? Was CNN there?

07-10-2003 22:10 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Yup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The conference was at the C-Stone Press Tent. First there was a half hour conference with me specifically about the "Come as a child" release and then the Dogs conferenced with them about all sorts of Doggy related matters--including a statement from Terry about the "CAACONAA" project.

Yes my answer is slanted, totally!! But what do you expect!!?? Big Grin
07-10-2003 22:33 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I expect excitement and anticipation and truth, all of which I'm sure I got. Smile

07-10-2003 22:34 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Ahhhh, Ron Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was terrific. What can I say?

I got there in time for Steve Taylor's conference. That was okay. But it was a truly special time and the Dogs, tho' goofy and jesting, settled into a serious mode that caught a few off guard.

I even laughed at first when I ought not to have laughed. I'm so used to this irreverent humor of theirs that it caught me off guard when (publically) they shared some pretty heavy thoughts on a few matters.

I suppose we'll be seeing these interviews reflected in up-coming editions of Phantom, HM and others. I know that full page ads for the project are in the next issues of Paste and others, so the next issues should be hot for those of us involved and loving Terry and the guys!!!!

That a fair explanation, Audiori!?!? You were there... Red Face
07-10-2003 22:39 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've just received in the mail Hammers and Nails, the book, about the life and music of Mark Heard. It just makes your heart break that some of this beautiful music/noise (as he called it), that seems to matter so much, that we think we almost could not live without, especially now that we know it exists, can't get into the hands of people that need it. I hope that this project brings out the message to all the people who need to hear it. CF is always something that hits home with me, its a sad disease, but you bring hope. And Terry and Mike, and these other artists are all doing the same. I seriously doubt it is possible to overstate the desire and passion to get the message out. Over-praise the messenger? Perhaps, but God is choosing to use you all for his purposes and that is worth praising. That you are willing to be used, that's more than many can say. Hopefully this united voice will spring greater things for all the artists involved and the Artist who created us all "in the beginning.:

07-10-2003 22:59 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I'm spreading the word but noone wants to hear it Confused

07-11-2003 00:34 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Ahhh... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good man, Dorf!! Big Grin
07-11-2003 05:42 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

I've let 4 or 5 people here at work read the book (Theo's) and given them the web address. I don't know if they've been to the site yet, but they certainly were moved by the book.
07-11-2003 10:25 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i got to the press tent early last year for the Dog's interview, but they never showed. And i missed one of Brenneth's races with the Jesus People.
07-11-2003 19:13 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I've just received in the mail Hammers and Nails, the book, about the life and music of Mark Heard. It just makes your heart break that some of this beautiful music/noise (as he called it), that seems to matter so much, that we think we almost could not live without, especially now that we know it exists, can't get into the hands of people that need it. I hope that this project brings out the message to all the people who need to hear it. CF is always something that hits home with me, its a sad disease, but you bring hope. And Terry and Mike, and these other artists are all doing the same. I seriously doubt it is possible to overstate the desire and passion to get the message out. Over-praise the messenger? Perhaps, but God is choosing to use you all for his purposes and that is worth praising. That you are willing to be used, that's more than many can say. Hopefully this united voice will spring greater things for all the artists involved and the Artist who created us all "in the beginning.:

I'm still waiting on my book to arrive. It didn't come today. I ordered the hardcover. Which did you order?

07-11-2003 19:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

soft, it seemed to ship very fast. I was surprised, not three days or anything, but I'm in Canada so I'm used to stuff coming over the border a little slower. SO that was good.

07-11-2003 21:49 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Press Conference

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH