Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The absolute BEST! ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The absolute BEST! ???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

The absolute BEST! ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let's do a poll..I'll come back later tonight to check it and through out the weekend..
What Daniel Amos only album has most impacted your life?

I know it's hard to narrow it down to one but try.
For me it is
Songs from the Heart The cover of that album actually scared me away from it when I first saw it....I also did not realy know much about DA anyways until I bought "Personal Favs." and that basically started the addiction..... Big Grin
07-11-2003 15:36 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Vox Humana I think. Just got me thinking and reading, likely started my fascination with DA, not just liking them.

07-11-2003 15:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Vox Humana and Fearful Symmetry - the first two I bought (at the same time) - I doubt if that's why I became an English major, but it did get me interested in a lot of literature.
07-11-2003 16:05 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I would have to say Alarma . It showed me that there was more in Christian rock than Petra, Rez Band, etc. I since have grown to even see it more than "Christian" rock. I view it as one of the best rock & roll albums of all time, bar none.
LK-9

07-11-2003 16:53 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

I've been impacted since Bibleland, but then my doctor told me to cut back on cheese.

The album that had the most impact on my life is...

hmmm...

I hate to steal from Nicholson, but "Little, Big" makes me want to be a better man. That has impact on me.

August 2005
07-11-2003 17:26 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Alarma

i didn't know anything but gospel quartets until i was about 16. Alarma was exciting and relevant, new but truthful, poetic, convicting, etc.
07-11-2003 18:43 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I view it as one of the best rock & roll albums of all time, bar none.
LK-9

I am in full agreement with that! I never realy see the "christian rock" moniker. DA is much too much for that title. Art is what comes to mind. Great art!
07-11-2003 20:36 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
quote:
I view it as one of the best rock & roll albums of all time, bar none.
LK-9

I am in full agreement with that! I never realy see the "christian rock" moniker. DA is much too much for that title. Art is what comes to mind. Great art!
]
DOUBLE DITTO

07-11-2003 20:36 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Vox Humana I think. Just got me thinking and reading, likely started my fascination with DA, not just liking them.

I never listened to any of the chronicles 'till I got the bookset two and a half years ago. It is an absolute masterpiece.
07-11-2003 20:38 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

H,
I agree. I had "Alarma" on 8-track, "DG" on cassette, "Vox" on vinyl, and "FS" on cd. It was great.

07-11-2003 20:41 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
H,
I agree. I had "Alarma" on 8-track, "DG" on cassette, "Vox" on vinyl, and "FS" on cd. It was great.

That would be sweet. Getting the chronicles all on 8-track..Were they all available on 8track? Onlt the hardcore fans would pull such a STUNT.
07-11-2003 20:46 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I'm not really sure. I only bought them that way out of "necessity" at the time. I was 15 when Alarma came out and 8-track was what I had. I have them all on disc now, but it was a fun collection.

07-11-2003 20:48 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I'm not really sure. I only bought them that way out of "necessity" at the time. I was 15 when Alarma came out and 8-track was what I had. I have them all on disc now, but it was a fun collection.

I would have been about 15 as well when ALARMA! came out..Unfortunatly DA was the furthest thing from my mind in those days.
07-11-2003 20:50 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Alarma....Doppelganger I think equally. Those two I played
continulessly for quite a while.

jason

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-12-2003 10:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Vox and the Revelation Re-issue (with Soon on it).
Soon and Home Permanent were the first two songs to snag my attention.
07-12-2003 10:24 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

One of the very first DA related things I heard was Dr EDT. Soon really struck me then too. One of the first times I realized how talented as opposed to how bizarre/difficult to comprehend the band was.

07-12-2003 10:26 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
neo
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-410.jpg

Registration Date: 06-09-2003

dfbb changes everything.... Cool

07-12-2003 10:30 neo is offline Send an Email to neo Search for Posts by neo Add neo to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Hard choice! But it would have to be Alarma! since that is the first DA album I ever had! The first album I EVER bought actualy! I'll never forget listening to it for the first time! I was 12 when I bought it, before that I would listen to whatever my older brother had on hand. Mostly Andre Crouch, The Imperials, and Andrus Blackwood & Co.. All great bands, but DA just seemed right to me for some reason! I love it!

~Groucho~
07-12-2003 14:49 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

The one that had the most impact would have to be Shotgun Angel because I've listened to it my whole life (even in the womb). The one that impacted me the most lyrically is DFBB. The lyrics are amazing.

07-12-2003 14:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

This is an iteresting thread. I had heard DA several times leading up to the Kalhoun release, but nothing had ever really clicked for me. It had nothing to do with the recorded music itself, just how it was being played while I was listening! The friend that owned the music would play it at full volume while we drove around in his crappy rusted out 84 Honda Accord...blown speakers and all. He always insisted that the treble be all the way up, so everything just sounded shrill to me. It was a real turn-off. I did like bits of Vox-Humana, but it wasn't until I was in a bookstore and put on Kalhoun that it all sounded right and made sense. With that said, my favorite DA record would have to be Motorclycle. Everything from the art, to the lyrics, the sounds they make together, it all just speaks to me. I just think it's a perfect record. Now that would be a record I would love to re-release with all the extra "motorclycle tracks" and interview stuff...and any good live tracks if any exist. I can't believe it's been 10 years since they released it. Wow.... Anyway...thats my story.

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

07-12-2003 16:21 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The absolute BEST! ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH