Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Backyard BBQ Set Lists » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Backyard BBQ Set Lists
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

Backyard BBQ Set Lists Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey there all y'all! (that's plural for y'all)

I have the Springfield, MO Backyard BBQ & car cruise night scheduled for September 25, and am curious as to what kind of set lists the fellas have been playing at the various BBQ's.

These things change at the spur of the moment, I am sure, and am just curious to see examples of what is being done elsewhere.

Thanks!

Bret Chrismer
bret@streetrodder.net
www.StreetRodder.Net
The FUN is in the RUN!!!

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
08-13-2003 21:50 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd tell you, but we haven't had ours yet and when is Sunday going to get here and I'm not too impatient, am I? Nor am I disappointed that zero DAmbers will be there Sunday, which by the way isn't today and why the heck isn't it SUNDAY YET!!!!!?????!!!!!

Where's my medication? Confused

08-13-2003 21:55 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'm sure i will get this wrong from memory...

Chatsworth:

Wild Ride
Free Drinks and a Dream
If You Loved Here
Come Down Here
"That obligatory civil war song"
Elenor, Its Raining
Dust on the Bible
All Day Sing
Good, etc Let's Eat
River of Sorrow
Moses in the Desert
Breathe Deep
Joel

Sorry, i don't think i did very well.
08-13-2003 21:57 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

that's pretty close Bax

a few more were

Papa Danced
Happy Campers
Certain Love

Someday I'll have the entire list up on my website... been working to much so I haven't gotten through the entire video yet... Roll Eyes
08-13-2003 23:40 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

me 2.

someday soon, eh BD?

August 2005
08-14-2003 16:16 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
ToryNotion
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 07-27-2003

Play some Skynyrd Man!!!!!!!! Free Bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-14-2003 16:18 ToryNotion is offline Send an Email to ToryNotion Search for Posts by ToryNotion Add ToryNotion to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
me 2.

someday soon, eh BD?

as soon as I get caught up again at work

Frown
08-14-2003 17:53 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
PuP

Bucyrus Set Lst Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We had the Bucyrus BBQ last night, so I can finally relax. Pleased

Set list:

1. A Certain Love
2. Free Drinks And A Dream
3. If You Loved Here (You'd Be Home By Now)
4. Come Down Here
5. Ten Gallon Hat
6. All Day Sing & Dinner On The Ground
7. Good Bread, Good Meat, Good God Let's Eat
8. Happy Campers
9. In The Distance
10. Wild Ride
11. Honeysuckle Breeze
12. Moses In The Desert
13. Dust On The Bible
14. Bad Indigestion
15. Three Legged Dog
16. Joel

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 08-19-2003 09:31.

08-18-2003 16:12 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Only two TowelTunes, but FIVE from Real Men Bite???? Confused

(granted, the Dogs DVD has softened my position on this somewhat.... still, shouldn't there've been more TowelTunes, since that's the "new product," let alone a much better one?)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 08-19-2003 09:13.

08-19-2003 09:07 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
PuP

Yeah, but you should have heard "In The Distance." Amazing. I don't cry much, but I was a little misty on that one.

Terry and Mike both stopped for a moment after that one like it was hard to get back into the jokes.

Of course, I hadn't heard about Mike's grandfather until the next day. Crying

08-19-2003 09:34 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that's EXACTLY why I went back & added the thing about the Dogs DVD.... that song got redeemed BIG-time there.... Crying

08-19-2003 10:17 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by bret

quote:
Originally posted by carl

(granted, the Dogs DVD has softened my position on this somewhat.... still, shouldn't there've been more TowelTunes, since that's the "new product," let alone a much better one?)

Hmmmm....I haven't gotten Towel yet, so it's getting me excited. Looking forward to hearing that one.

Speaking from the "Marketing perspective," it would make sense to play the songs off the new album, and sell it! However, from the "performers perspective," I can also see how they would want to play songs that they like better than others, or are in the mood to sing/play.

Regarding "Real Men Cry," I kinda thought your new name for it was a bit harsh. There are many great tunes on that one. My only complaint about that album is that, at least on my copy, the mix is too hot, and so it's somewhat distorted. The biggest thing I missed was hearing Gene, and having his engineering on the album.

That's my two bits.

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
08-19-2003 11:17 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bret
quote:

Regarding "Real Men Cry," I kinda thought your new name for it was a bit harsh.

Hey, I've got back-up from elsewhere, and you should hear what THEY call it.... Shocked ... But OK, I'll call it "Real Men Apologize For This CD Regularly" instead.... Big Grin

I think there's something to the rest of yr analysis, though. Like I said, hearing "In the Distance" on the Dogs DVD moves me to tears, and even "The Great Divide" is somewhat more successful ("A Certain Love" & "Wild Ride" are the only two that even half-worked on RMC, so that was helpful.) But it doesn't help me when I pull the CD back out. It still leaves me completely cold. Clearly, though, it's not entirely the songs themselves that are at fault then, or even Gene's absence.... Crying

08-19-2003 11:49 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bret
quote:

Regarding "Real Men Cry," I kinda thought your new name for it was a bit harsh.

Hey, I've got back-up from elsewhere, and you should hear what THEY call it.... Shocked ... But OK, I'll call it "Real Men Apologize For This CD Regularly" instead.... Big Grin

I think there's something to the rest of yr analysis, though. Like I said, hearing "In the Distance" on the Dogs DVD moves me to tears, and even "The Great Divide" is somewhat more successful ("A Certain Love" & "Wild Ride" are the only two that even half-worked on RMC, so that was helpful.) But it doesn't help me when I pull the CD back out. It still leaves me completely cold. Clearly, though, it's not entirely the songs themselves that are at fault then, or even Gene's absence.... Crying

Come on carl!! Real Men Cry was a great album.......maybe not as good as Gift Horse but it was good. The band had to go through a transition after losing Gene......I think you're a little to hard on RMC. Tongue Roll Eyes Big Grin Cool

08-19-2003 11:56 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Please, D8.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Next y'r gonna want me to say that Horrendous Disk isn't a quintessential transition disk that more than lives up to its name.... Tongue

08-19-2003 12:04 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

sorry- but my memory will not put things in order lately- but it DOES sound like the sets are a bit different each nite. and thats cool!
I dont think I read- Breathe Deep (?)-
and I know that was done- also I did not read
The Best Things..
so It was a bit of a mix at the MN BBQ

(No ten gallon hat- of that I am sure......)
and No Eleanor its Raining- of that I' sure also!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-19-2003 12:10 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

RE: Please, D8.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Next y'r gonna want me to say that Horrendous Disk isn't a quintessential transition disk that more than lives up to its name.... Tongue

Tongue

HD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'cept of course Larry's version of Hound Mad Mad Mad

Roll Eyes

08-19-2003 12:13 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

What do you think of Golden Dreams, Carl?
08-20-2003 02:21 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Backyard BBQ Set Lists

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH