Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Manequins are taking over!! - confront your doubles!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Manequins are taking over!! - confront your doubles!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

The Manequins are taking over!! - confront your doubles!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.larknews.com/april_2004/secondary.php?page=2

Animatronic band takes guesswork out of worship

PLANO — On Sunday morning at High Valley Community Church, the curtains part to reveal a 10-piece band of mannequins which springs to life at the touch of a button.
"Good morning everybody!" says lead animatron "Steve," a male mannequin with blond hair and a beaming smile. "Let's worship God!"
They launch into a flawless version of "Open the Eyes of My Heart," and the animatrons "play" their instruments while people in the audience clap and sing along.

It has taken a few months to get used to them, but the people at High Valley have embraced the burgeoning trend in electronic worship leaders.
"I thought I'd miss the human element, but these machines are so real," says Douglas Wilson, 62. "And I appreciate the consistency."
The shift happened last fall when the church's worship leader resigned. Pastor Ted Lindey had trouble finding a replacement. Then he heard about Animatronics Group, a company out of New Zealand which creates animatronic shows for theme parks. For the price of three years' salary for a flesh-and-blood worship leader, Lindey realized he could get a system that lasted ten years or more and offered almost limitless worship possibilities.
"Real worship leaders have a warmth, but they can be also moody and flaky," says Lindey. "It's tough to find one that matches your church."
He had the system installed in November. The people were astonished, even annoyed at first. Then they began to bond with the animatrons. Many now say they've reached new heights of worship with the pre-programmed band.

The Deluxe Animatronic Church system comes with generic animatrons in the skin tones of a church's choice. Churches may upgrade their "head kits" to feature Michael W. Smith, George Beverly Shea or Darlene Zschech, who have licensed their voices and likenesses to the company. At High Valley, Lindey upgraded to the George Beverly Shea kit for his early morning service, and on Saturday nights the youth rock out with the newly introduced Delirious head kit.
"It's so real," says Stella, 16, sweaty from an hour of mosh-pit worship. "It's Martin Smith's voice and everything."
The system comes with 100 song sets, including everything from staid Lutheran fare to heavy metal praise. Churches can choose the song list in advance, or a sound man can seamlessly stitch together songs of different emotional intensities, responding to the mood of the crowd.
"Animatronics has come a long way since Disneyland's Abe Lincoln," says one attendee after morning worship. "The band works so well, we're thinking of getting an animatronic pastor." •

04-02-2004 15:44 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool!

err....

I mean freaky, man! Shocked

04-02-2004 15:45 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Razen Phidul
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Then I guess the praise leaders are not that much different than the worshipers. Tongue

04-02-2004 16:19 Razen Phidul is offline Send an Email to Razen Phidul Homepage of Razen Phidul Search for Posts by Razen Phidul Add Razen Phidul to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I love larknews!!! Tongue

04-02-2004 16:23 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

heh heh

04-02-2004 18:31 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

This reminds me a little of my perception of part of the intent of Thomas Kersey's intent behind "Jesus Christ He's Your Friend" on Sediment 1.

I can't think of a better illustration for why our beloved TST is not more famous if people actually fall for this BS. Just weird. I wonder if these people have rubber dolls in their closets at home?
Shocked

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-04-2004 23:53 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

"Good morning everybody!" says lead animatron "Steve," a male mannequin with blond hair and a beaming smile. "Let's worship God!"

If this is true it's absolutely hilarious, because it proves what the world always knew: Christians are stupid.

If it's a parody it's absolutely hilarious, because it spot on!

If you don't have my cd/lp collection then your collection sucks!

Red Face
04-06-2004 06:47 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Open their eyes and FART on them, Lord!

Maybe the smell will awaken them!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-06-2004 08:03 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked

04-07-2004 08:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Manequins are taking over!! - confront your doubles!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH