Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Humana for the youth » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vox Humana for the youth
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Vox Humana for the youth Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, I went to a neighborhood kids 18th birthday party tonight and there were a lot of people between the ages of 16 and 19. They were all fighting over what music to play. Some wanted trance music others The Doors. Most wanted Nelly (why do kids like rap?). Well, they all argued for about an hour and I finally said let me put in one of my CD's. I had Vox Humana with me and when I started playing it the arguing stoped. Everyone said that it was the coolest music that they had heard. It's The Eighties... was the biggest hit. They were hooked. We turned out the lights and turned the strobe light on and danced to Dance Stop for quite some time. The CD played through about seven times and noone complained!!! I guess if Vox Humana would have come out this year it would have been a big hit. Terry was just way ahead of his time.

08-25-2002 02:41 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
.....The CD played through about seven times and noone complained!!! .....

that's a great story! Big Grin

thanks
BD

08-25-2002 10:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is a great story!

08-25-2002 10:25 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I think that story sux.
PS Actually I think it's awesome, but I didn't want to be a conformist. Big Grin

08-25-2002 10:30 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

That story is awesome.

Big Grin
08-25-2002 10:31 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

It really is amazing. How often do kids ever listen to adults especially about music. Several years ago I was the Youth Leader for our Church. I took a van load of kids to Astroworld for the day. I played the 77's. Guess what? All the kids brought their own Walkmans and listened to their own music. And I was hoping...

08-25-2002 12:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

Walkmans are a youth pastors nightmare. I taught Jr. High and High School youth group at our church for a couple years and I would notice that kids even listened to them when I was teaching the study. We had a big group so I had a hard time keeping an eye on everybody but when I caught them the walkmans were mine for the night. The kids acted like they were naked without them.

08-26-2002 00:42 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I just listened to Vox Humana today, and found it quite surprising that it would be that big of a hit. No doubt it's awesome, and even relevant, but that all depends on the song.

Anyway, awesome story! Wink

08-26-2002 00:45 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

But it can! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I guess if Vox Humana would have come out this year it would have been a big hit. Terry was just way ahead of his time.
-

Heck, it's all recorded and mastered and everything!

RERELEASE IT BOYS! The time is ripe!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
08-26-2002 03:23 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ™
quote:
I guess if Vox Humana would have come out this year it would have been a big hit. Terry was just way ahead of his time.
-

Heck, it's all recorded and mastered and everything!

RERELEASE IT BOYS! The time is ripe!

Oh yeah!
08-26-2002 10:22 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

THE ALARMA CHRONICLES-VH Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAMbers-
as mentioned b4- VH was the first of the chronicles that I heard-back when it came out.
I loved it. My boys were teens- and they piled on the mousse to get their hair pointing where they wanted to go. (not for church- I was in maximum security religion at the time)- so it has a special affinity for me. We couldnt tell any adults (was I one?) we even had it-worldly C-music. My religiousity was so narrow- I even heard a Kansas (emphasis NOT on the Kans) preacher at the time say C-MAN was ob de debil! (true story)
and--Sanctuary is still a haunting and wonderful tune.
TST turned me to reading a bit of William Blake afterward- just like he's doing now with Buechner.
I bought the stunt re-issue (copies for me and the boys) and its part of their regular listening.
JiMiNy
08-26-2002 11:21 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Vox recording Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I was recording with Rob & Terry last Winter, I got to hear recording stories now and again.

The one that stuck out to me most was concerning Vox cause I like it so much. I wish I could recall the name of the gismo, but it might even have been called a Vox or an Electo something. At any rate, they recorded onto this MONSTER of a unit that, at the time, was already VERY old and it allowed them only 8 tracks to record.

I had to ask to make sure I heard correctly. "You recorded Vox with only 8 tracks?"

Yes. It's true. Amazing.
08-26-2002 11:39 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
jc
Luteous Llama

cool! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

theo-
that 2 is a great story.
Makes something good even gooder!
JiMIny
08-26-2002 13:13 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

and of course................ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it never hurts to let us ALL know how
you hob-knobbed!
jC
08-26-2002 13:14 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Humana for the youth

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH