Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions for new lost Dogs album. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestions for new lost Dogs album.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Thumb Up! Suggestions for new lost Dogs album. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
Mark and I are preparing a "short form" EP (a la the one Terry and I did for the BarBQ tour) for our upcoming 77's acoustic tour, followed by a full-length album to be completed after the tour. Expect a late Spring/early Summer release.

Following all that, The Lost Dogs plan to do a special album in which we record "Lost Dog"- styled songs that have been previously cut by the 77's, DA and The Choir. We welcome all your submissions and requests along these lines.
P.S. let's just forget my "photo submission" for now. It probably wasn't a very good idea......

Post your suggestions here..... Big Grin

02-20-2004 12:11 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cool.

02-20-2004 12:15 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Hide the Beer, the Pastor's Here"

Think about it. Do it a la "If You Loved Here..." throw in some slide guitar for the intro.... it'd work, I tell ya'....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-20-2004 12:41 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i agree with Carl, but don't you think the Dogs should be chasing some kangaroo too, Carl?
02-20-2004 12:45 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Grand Encephalon

I wanna hear note to anna.

02-20-2004 12:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"i agree with Carl, but don't you think the Dogs should be chasing some kangaroo too, Carl?"

In the spirit of last summer, I think they oughta be barbequing it....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 02-20-2004 12:49.

02-20-2004 12:49 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
02-20-2004 12:49 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Divine Instant!!

Ah perfection!

August 2005
02-20-2004 12:56 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Wouldn't Derri be too embarrassed to sing it?
02-20-2004 13:02 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

"sad face"

"frame without photographs"

"hole in the world" (of course i think "autographs for the sick" would be fun)

02-20-2004 13:02 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Hole in the World is a must.
02-20-2004 13:04 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Wide-eyed Wonder and the Ocean (hold your tongue, Carl)

Isn't the Lust a given?
02-20-2004 13:10 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Bryan Bryan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 11-13-2002

Wink Dogs Cover CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Needs to be titled:
"Pearl Jam"
02-20-2004 14:37 Bryan is offline Send an Email to Bryan Search for Posts by Bryan Add Bryan to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Unfair? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It might be unfair for Derri, since he'll have to bring Steve Hindalong's lyrics into yet another forum...

But here's my short list:

For topical reasons, "Bush League 2004".

77s - "The Rain Kept Falling In Love"

Derri's - "Bleeding"

Terry's - "You Lay Down"

and they all should get together on Adam Again - "Don't Cry"

DwD
02-20-2004 16:16 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Grand Encephalon

Those all would be great.

02-20-2004 17:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

How about (as they say in Texas) a "boot scootin" version of Dance Stop or Disco Love Grapes?

Or a Mike Roe blues version of Art Carney's Dream

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
02-20-2004 19:48 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
You Gotta Be There
unregistered
I hate to be a party pooper... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but I think they should just make their own new songs, and let the originals stand by themselves, as they're already great enough.
Just my 2 cents.
- ygbt
02-20-2004 21:15
Grand Encephalon

Many Lost Dogs fans are not familiar with the greatness of da, 77's, choir. What a great way to introduce them Tongue

02-20-2004 21:41 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
You Gotta Be There
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Many Lost Dogs fans are not familiar with the greatness of da, 77's, choir. What a great way to introduce them Tongue

Well that's true too. Guess I'm neutral on the issue.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
02-21-2004 13:57
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Apparently they are already doing "Pretend I'm Elvis" in concert. It should be a safe bet to expect that one in the mix.

"Joel" would be cool, too.

After hearing The Banos "DA-meets-Daniel Lanois" version of "I Love You #19" I think it might be LD material. Smile

02-21-2004 14:35 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions for new lost Dogs album.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH