Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday again! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page friday again! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 7.002 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

friday again! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

howdy folks. i'll be around off and on today if anyone wants to chat. (if i don't respond immediately, it's only because i'm not at the computer.)

hey captain, i was in australia last saturday and sunday (in canberra.) sorry i didn't have time to stop and say hi (you're actually in new zealand, right?) (jad, i know you lurk here once in awhile, what part of australia do you live in?) i had to work all weekend and then that horribly long flight back.

as much as i've come to loathe travel, i managed to not turn into jerry lewis on the flight (thanks for the prayers.) and here's something i didn't know: qantas airlines has a video display on the back of the seat (in front of you, obviously) that, amongst other things, will tell you how fast you are currently moving. it was one of those 747s that are as big as a walmart and that sucker was going 620 m.p.h. which is just short of mach 1. when i saw that, i *almost* did a jerry lewis.

and i'd forgotten that certain parts of australia look like san luis obispo, california.

what's up, people? how's it goin' out there?
05-14-2004 09:27 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had that screen in the seat thing on my trip across the country. It was great to see the path and direction of the plane too. We were stuck in a holding pattern outside of Vegas and our path was a 300 mile wide zig zag zig zag. Very cool.

By the way, they really ought to fix the way they mount those things. It's very uncomfortable, and other passengers get steamed when all you want to do is look at the screen mounted in your very own seat. I mean I paid for the seat, I should at least get to get to watch it's embedded screen. I spent most of the flight hanging over the back of my seat watching it upside down.

The guy behind me was a real prick! Watch your own screen, I said.

August 2005
05-14-2004 09:36 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey zippy! i hadn't thought of hanging upside down and watching my own seat screen--gotta try that next time.
05-14-2004 09:39 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

dangit! that's why they zip-tied me to my chair.

stupid air marshals

August 2005
05-14-2004 09:41 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Hey Tim,

Noticed in the making MBD thread that you do some type of computer security. What is your role? Are you a programmer?

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sprinklerhead: 05-14-2004 09:43.

05-14-2004 09:43 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

In Flight Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No doubt, Berger would have hung upside down to watch his own screen, possibly swinging through the cabin on the oxygen lines.

Howdy, all! Has DA every played in Australia? Are you, Herr Chandler, the only member of the band to travel to that quaint sliver of continental land? Glad you made it there and back without loss of life or limb.

BTW, I finished my book. Now it's time to get down and dirty and edit that puppy into submission.
05-14-2004 09:43 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Daniel Amos

i was really wishing i could lay down in the overhead luggage compartment.
05-14-2004 09:45 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi, jason! the only other time i was there was about 15 years ago when i was 49 and i was playing on the randy stonehill and phil keaggy thing.
05-14-2004 09:49 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Hey Tim!

Good to see you here! Pleased

05-14-2004 09:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey sprinklerhead! -- i'm a network dork. i also do onsite training and support, along with QA, R & D, and blah blah blah blah. what do you do? are you also a geek?
05-14-2004 09:51 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

My sky-waitress wasn't interested in my needs, just hers.

"Get down off the seat, sir!" and "Stop shouting sir!" and "Let go of me, sir!" and "put your pants on, sir!"

C'mon lady! It's a free country!

Sheesh!

I get out in 4-10.

August 2005
05-14-2004 09:52 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi dennis!
05-14-2004 09:52 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

"you ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky.."

--Replacements
05-14-2004 09:54 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hey sprinklerhead! -- i'm a network dork. i also do onsite training and support, along with QA, R & D, and blah blah blah blah. what do you do? are you also a geek?

Yep, I am part of our company's professional services group. I am mainly responsible for data integration. A lot of SQL programming. At least for now. Getting pretty burned out on the whole tech thing. Think I might sell everything and buy a one room cabin in Montana.

05-14-2004 09:55 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
"you ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky.."

--Replacements

I was gonna say that.

05-14-2004 09:56 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Hey Tim, good to "see ya."

05-14-2004 09:59 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
a one room cabin in Montana

man, that sounds pretty good sometimes, don't it?

let's all take the day off and go visit zippy in prison.
05-14-2004 09:59 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

LK9! how are ya?!
05-14-2004 10:01 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
LK9! how are ya?!

Tim, I am doing well, thanks for asking! I thought of you last week when I was in LA for the week. It was great. I sure do miss CA.

05-14-2004 10:03 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

a large box just arrived and i'm the only one here at the office right now. you don't suppose it's a bomb, do you?

(lately, for some reason, everything in life seems to relate cinematically to either jerry lewis or peter sellers...help me
05-14-2004 10:05 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday again!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH