Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
grandfather trout
unregistered
Cornerstone Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just returned to California from the fest yesterday. LAX truly has been a horror show this past week with the July 4 shooting and a shut down yesterday for a "mysterious brief case." As the World Turns was, coincidentally, the second song in the boys' incredible set last Th. The entire set included Travelog (a blistering introduction, I could hardly wait to get home and kick a hole through my tv), As the World Turns, If You Want to, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Youth With a Machine, William Blake, Here I Am, I Didn't Build This For Me/ "The Knapsack Song," Dance Stop, New Car, Author of the Story, and Joel. Terry lamented at one point that the audience used to stand up and flop around alot, and Tim suggested that there were too many video cameras now to allow for that. Just prior to ripping into Dance Stop, Terry asserted, "Screw the video cameras..." It was such a blessing to share the event with my 11 year old son. My only question was, " Who is Sheila Sepuda, and why did she rob us of an additional five minutes with the boys?" Ed looked annoyed at her inane banter as he readied his drums for a severe thrashing...
Terry's acoustic set with Rob Watson earlier in the day
began with a lovely version of If You Want To followed by the great new material from Little, Big. With the poignant, oh, Sweet Companion, my thoughts wandered back to my sweet companion, who was not willing to brave the Illinois humidity to see the boys.
The Dogs played two sets, one acoustic. Their final encore was a lengthy version of Joel, during which Terry directed the audience to sing the chorus several times a capella. He intoduced the song by offering it to all in the audience who needed hope in these troubled, post 9/11 days. He also scolded the church for her often negative and pessimistic response to the attack. Mike Roe's guitar solo on Bullet Train was gloriously long and blistering. Early in their acoustic set, Terry sardonically asserted, "We used to be kings around here." A voice from the enthusiastic audience answered, "You still are!" Amen.
07-10-2002 09:20
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

beautifully said Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am JEL-
and yes- they are kings, not to be dethroned..
you can't teach these young dogs new tricks!
JiMINy
07-10-2002 09:48 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by grandfather trout Just prior to ripping into Dance Stop, Terry asserted, "Screw the video cameras..."

blasphemy!!!

heh heh
how else would us less fortunate get to see them?Smile )

07-10-2002 12:57 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

WOW Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I took the long way home and returned Wed morning to my little Edmonds WA town.

C-Stone. WOW! Speechless really. Had a great time performing with Terry. But the BIG warm interior glowing really came from hanging out as family with a huge amount of people and just loving it.

These guys aren't just industry musicians or whatever--they are Christ's community in the best way I can imagine (Taylor, Watson, Chandler, etc--all incredible).

Wishing I was at Lifest, continuing the high!
Theo
07-12-2002 14:31 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theo

Theo

sound's like all had a great time!

maybe next year I'll go, but I kind of doubt itFrown

nice to hear you got home safe.

BD

07-12-2002 14:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

I wish... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really wish I had the pleasure of meeting you there.

I must say I was bowled over by The Father Loves the Son - I absolutely wept as I read it.

Grace and peace to you brother

07-12-2002 15:37 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Theo
I cried reading your book, it was so touching, and made me realize how much I need to cherish my kids even though they're nearly full grown and almost moved out.
It made me reflect back on the times when they were growing up. I can't even imagine going through what you went through. Praise God for his grace and mercy,
and I can't wait to meet Andrew in Heaven. God Bless
you Theo, I wish we could have sat down and talked a little more, hopefully next year! I'm sorry I missed you and Terry playing together, hopefully next year! Stay in touch, and remember I play percussion.
Once Again, God Bless
Joe "Commander" Cote
07-13-2002 10:29 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

thankx Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Commander:
Thankx for the laughs and the video. My family is watching it now. Is that Chandler playing guitar and the bass is covered in the keys? Weird. And thankx for the lemonaid!

Thankx to all of you for the kind words you constantly share. They re-inforce my sense of "doing the right thing" when I'm filled with doubt. I sincerely hope that during the Fall tour with the Dogs I'll be able to share a lunch or dinner and re-inforce these wonderful relationships we share on the web due to our God and our shared love of DA and the rest.

All I could think at C-Stone (and it floored me from moment to moment) is:

"Look what you've brought us to, Lord"
"Andrew has GOT to be diggin' this!" and
"Thankx, Jesus, for helping me to fall in love with people again."

Here's to the "immeasurably more" that God still has in store for us all. [insert clinking of glasses]

I'm SO glad you've been blessed through the book. I know you're gonna dig the compilation album. Lots o' cool folks answered the call. Glad to have these late additions to the roster: Jeff Elbel and Rikki Michelle
07-13-2002 11:32 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

well?????? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

theo-
get it a goin-
I wanna buy as a child- or not at all!
JimInY
07-16-2002 10:27 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
These guys aren't just industry musicians or whatever--they are Christ's community in the best way I can imagine (Taylor, Watson, Chandler, etc--all incredible).

Theo

agreeed! and I wish you went to lifest too!

07-16-2002 10:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH