Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bill Mallonee » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bill Mallonee 2 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Bill Mallonee Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I saw that a couple of folks also new about this gem of an artist over in the Mark Heard thread; any body have some favorite work by this guy? Any opinions on his shimmery brit-pop phase (which looks to end with Pin My Hope coming soon)? I love all his stuff, but I have to say that Blister Soul and To The Roof of the Sky are my favorites (lyrically at least; I do love the shine in Summershine). And his live show is amazing; not with spectacle, but just with honesty and raw emotion bleeding through right into you. Songs like Blister Soul and Skin are even better live, where you can feel what's being said as Bill sings and plays.
05-01-2004 20:11 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bill Mallonee is great. I like Killing Floor and Blister Soul best. I have pretty much everything he released.

Here are a few songs that are great:

Drunk On The Tears
Who Knows When The Sunrise Will Be
Driving The Nails
Real Down Town
Undertow
River Of Love
Earth Has No Sorrow Heaven Can't Heal
Welcome To Struggleville
Glory And The Dream
Blister Soul
Offer
But Not For Long
Run Through My Veins
To The Roof Of The Sky
Avalanche
This Time Isn't One Of Them
Goes Without Saying
Could Be A Lot Worse
You Know That
It's Not Bothering Me
On To Bethlehem
She's So Liquid
Life On Other Planets
Locket Full Of Moonlight

Of course there are many, many more. I just tried to pick a few favorites.

05-01-2004 20:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis
You Know That Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My first intro to Bill was the cover of "wondering where the lions are" on Roaring Lambs. I liked it, but didn't think much about it until I heard "You Know That" on a GrassrootsMusic sampler; I fell in love with the guy's music right then. I picked up Summershine (because I was afraid Mr. Buechner's Dream was a country album; I was so uninformed and foolishFrown )
Favorite songs are:

You Know That
It's Not Bothering Me
Who Knows When The Sunrise Will Be
Double Cure
Bearing The Load
Extraordinary Girl
Baalam's burro
Blister Soul(reprise)
She Walks On Roses
You Can Have The Flesh(But Please Leave Me The Bones)
Farther Up The Road
Judas Skin
Locust Years
Overflow
2 Become 1
Extreme North Of The Compass
Skin
Solar System

And all his others Big Grin
05-02-2004 15:56 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He is definitely one of the best artists of the past 14 years.

05-02-2004 18:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Status? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, so this is the part that has me flummoxed. VOL is officially DOA, which I suppose is fine because it had always been Mallonee and a constantly rotating host of other members.

But is Bill planning on releasing new solo stuff anytime soon? I know Lo-Fidelity had that e.p. out (which beat feet long before I could pick it up... dang it), but I haven't heard much from the Mallonee camp lately.

Any talk? Any at all?
DwD
05-02-2004 22:57 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

i have the one cd that was on a major label i guess... just called vigalantes of love.... got it thru columbia house cd club......
and was not impressed at all............ Frown
maybe i need to hear some more of his stuff??? Confused

maybe?

maybe no.............. Tongue

05-02-2004 23:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Status? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Okay, so this is the part that has me flummoxed. VOL is officially DOA, which I suppose is fine because it had always been Mallonee and a constantly rotating host of other members.

But is Bill planning on releasing new solo stuff anytime soon? I know Lo-Fidelity had that e.p. out (which beat feet long before I could pick it up... dang it), but I haven't heard much from the Mallonee camp lately.

Any talk? Any at all?
DwD

talk, demos, concerts... i did pre order "pin my hope" his new one Cool

05-03-2004 08:39 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

www.billmallonee.net

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mark: 05-03-2004 09:25.

05-03-2004 09:24 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis
pin my hope Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Perfumed Letter is a great album of the shiny brit-pop stuff; Pin My Hope is supposed to be a return to folk/americana style. His website hasn't been updated with information about the album yet, but I'm guessing he's working on it now, considering that his tour page has no dates listed for the future. Definitely check out the website, there is a jukebox on there where you can sample some of his stuff (although some of his best songs are not on there). Oh and Joey T., you definitely (not maybe) need to give Bill's music another try. Audible Sigh would be good for a look at the folk/rock/americana; Perfumed Letter for the brit-pop.
05-03-2004 16:29 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

"Drunk on the Tears" is still my favorite. "Earth Has No Sorrow" runs a close second.

Jugular is still my favorite album.
05-06-2004 10:00 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

like i said before, what little i have heard of his was very boring..... Red Face
i don't like sf59 either...............

or most "Christian" music for that matter.............. Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 05-06-2004 11:13.

05-06-2004 11:11 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yeah, yeah.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ignore those VoLheads, Joey.... Coming from a guy who AIN'T one, though, find Slow Dark Train. For loud, relentless, yet liberating self-abusive nakedness, I'll take it over Perfecta any day of the week.... Cool

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 05-06-2004 11:41.

05-06-2004 11:39 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I would not consider VOL or SF59 Christian bands. Maybe Christians in bands but not Christian music Roll Eyes

05-06-2004 11:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

And that is a good thing by the way Pleased

05-06-2004 11:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Cool RE: Yeah, yeah.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Ignore those VoLheads, Joey....

way ahead of you.... Big Grin

Coming from a guy who AIN'T one, though, find Slow Dark Train. For loud, relentless, yet liberating self-abusive nakedness, I'll take it over Perfecta any day of the week.... Cool

over perfecta? hmmm....

05-06-2004 11:44 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I would not consider VOL or SF59 Christian bands. Maybe Christians in bands but not Christian music Roll Eyes

you say potatoe, i say potato................ Red Face

let's call the whole thing off! Big Grin

05-06-2004 11:46 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Whole Thing Off
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 11-08-2002
Location: There is no assholiness apart from social assholiness.

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

you say potatoe, i say potato................ Red Face

let's call the whole thing off! Big Grin

Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

When you KNOW that I am a devil put aside for Jim!

For Jim!

For JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!!!!

05-06-2004 11:58 Whole Thing Off is offline Send an Email to Whole Thing Off Search for Posts by Whole Thing Off Add Whole Thing Off to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

having fun, carl? Tongue

05-06-2004 12:08 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes. Yes, I am. Why do you ask? Confused

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-06-2004 12:17 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
like i said before, what little i have heard of his was very boring..... Red Face
i don't like sf59 either...............

or most "Christian" music for that matter.............. Tongue

Have you ever actually listened to SF59?

I mean, c'mon - it's not overt, it's well crafted, and it's good music. Who cares if it has the Christian label or not?

I think in your quest to avoid anything labeled "Christian" you've missed out on some truly great stuff.

Roll Eyes

~ Vox

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

05-06-2004 12:49 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bill Mallonee

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH