Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Last night's LD show in Derwood, MD... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Last night's LD show in Derwood, MD...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ProdigalDog ProdigalDog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-20-2003

Last night's LD show in Derwood, MD... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, it was incredible! I arrived at Rock Creek Church in Derwood, MD around 6:35PM to find the power was out and Ben was making plans to have the show outside if the power did not come back on by 7:00PM. Miraculously, the power was restored a little before 7:00PM. Several of us helped carry the band’s equipment into the auditorium where they set up and performed one of the most amazing and intimate shows I think I have ever seen. There was a good turnout (over 160 it think) many who had never heard the Lost Dogs before. The audience was really into it and the band played to the energy level with true style. I think the play list was similar to that posted by bereal (see her post, My Fabulous Night With…) but I do not remember everything. With all the excitement getting started and then two encores, who knows? Anyway, it was a truly unforgettable experience and, of course, the band members were very approachable after the show – signing autographs and talking with the crowd. The new CD, Mutt, is excellent.

I’d like to thank Ben and the rest of the folks at Rock Creek Church for hosting the event and doing such a great job of bringing it all together! It was great!!!
07-08-2004 05:35 ProdigalDog is offline Search for Posts by ProdigalDog Add ProdigalDog to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

160 Shocked

Crying I wish it could have gone that way here Crying

07-08-2004 08:06 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

RE: Last night's LD show in Derwood, MD... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Prodigal is right - the show was great, and God worked another miracle to get the power back on with only three minutes before our no turning back time! I was doing a lot of praying and sweating!!!!!!

I'm heading out of town for a few days and will post the song list and other info on Monday.

Thanks to all who came and made the show a success.

My count was 166.

Planning on doing this again the next time the Dogs tour!

DA Rocks!!!!!!!

Ben
07-08-2004 08:25 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BEN-
I am sure it was my prayers, and my prayers a lone that made it all happen.
I mean really- no one prays like I do.

HA ! If you believe that..!!- though I thought about you through the day

I am glad the boys and you'all were BLESSED- and that they were willing to play outside if need be. - adaptable.

I agree that the time(s) I was Terry et all- he is very approachable, and is patient with us drooling idiots as we stand there and say, uhm , well, I , uhm......

And I will also agree that "intimate" best describes a typical TST et all show (IMHE's)

sort of like...can I say it?.

sort of like church should be.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-08-2004 08:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Tweed And Smoke
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-18-2003

derwood show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had a blast at this show. Thanks to the show organizers and the band.

Though most of the show was pure fun enjoying the music, Terry's comments introducing Built For Glory were especially meaningful as I've had a family member and a best friend struck by debilitating diseases this year. Really great to hear that TST has folks reminding him of the encouragement his songs provide.
07-08-2004 20:12 Tweed And Smoke is offline Send an Email to Tweed And Smoke Search for Posts by Tweed And Smoke Add Tweed And Smoke to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I agree that the time(s) I was Terry et all- he is very approachable, and is patient with us drooling idiots as we stand there and say, uhm , well, I , uhm......

And I will also agree that "intimate" best describes a typical TST et all show (IMHE's)

All the guys are very approachable. They seem to enjoy talking to us drooling idiots! Wink

An intimate show is what the Dogs do best, but I think this tour has proved to be the most intimate of them all. (This is the 4th Dogs show we've been to in less than 2 years). Pleased

BTW, jiminy, MF's comment after the Knoxville concert on Wednesday of last week was, "That was the best Wednesday night service I've ever been to." Pleased I was thinkin' it, but he beat me to the punch! Big Grin

Glad it turned out so well in Derwood! Cool

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-08-2004 21:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

All the guys are very approachable. They seem to enjoy talking to us drooling idiots! Wink

An intimate show is what the Dogs do best, but I think this tour has proved to be the most intimate of them all. (This is the 4th Dogs show we've been to in less than 2 years). Pleased

BTW, jiminy, MF's comment after the Knoxville concert on Wednesday of last week was, "That was the best Wednesday night service I've ever been to." Pleased I was thinkin' it, but he beat me to the punch! Big Grin

Glad it turned out so well in Derwood! Cool

Wow! All this talk about intimacy! Hmmm...

Maybe that is "Lost Dogs, Secret"? Big Grin

Maybe not, Victoria has some good intimate pieces too that aren't so Secret. Shocked

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-09-2004 10:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Last night's LD show in Derwood, MD...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH