Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » finding faith » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page finding faith
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

finding faith Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I saw again one of my favorite episodes of All in the Family-
My daughter (a night owl) came into our room last night and said
"Dad- it's that All in the Family you like so much"-(it was 10:30 )
So I stayed up late……Though riddled with off the wall theology, when Archie stops by the baptismal font after arguing with Ediths pastor about the fate of his poor grandson Joey… and has the corniest conversation with God-, and then goes through a little ritual concerning his grandson-just him and the Lord….my daughter was bawling her head off.
Why is that…?
Because a stupid television program shows an old gruff like Archie Bunker performing a ritual that I don't think is vital for anything…..the heart of the Lord was in it.
One sincere, perhaps misguide man reaching heavenward.
Hows THAT for theology 101!
03-27-2002 10:22 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Archie RULES! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ya know, I don't remember ever seeing that one...but it sounds so cool.

As much as Archie Bunker was a racist and a loudmouth, he had that endearing quality of just being an open, honest kinda guy. Too bad our TV sitcoms today just don't GET it! They're so geared towards getting their agenda out, they miss the beauty of the "every-day kinda person".

I wonder if Archie is up there, playin' golf with the angels? And if his son is with him..........

Cool

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-27-2002 11:38 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » finding faith

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH