Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's Time to Come Clean... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's Time to Come Clean...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

It's Time to Come Clean... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm the reason that HD was re-released. Larry was singing at C-Stone, '98. I was a heckler in the back of the tent. I yelled, as loud as I could, "When are you going to release the rights to HD so it can be on cd?" He didn't say anything, but it came out w/in the next couple of years. Finally, you all can thank me.
LK-9

07-06-2002 23:28 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I'm the reason that HD was re-released. Larry was singing at C-Stone, '98. I was a heckler in the back of the tent. I yelled, as loud as I could, "When are you going to release the rights to HD so it can be on cd?" He didn't say anything, but it came out w/in the next couple of years. Finally, you all can thank me.
LK-9

thank you so very much!

you the dog!

Big Grin

07-06-2002 23:47 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
LK-9

thank you so very much!

you the dog!

Big Grin

Thanks BD! And no, I didn't also yell, "Why don't you ruin it by singing Hound of Heaven!
LK-9

07-06-2002 23:53 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:

Thanks BD! And no, I didn't also yell, "Why don't you ruin it by singing Hound of Heaven!
LK-9

TWICE!Evil

07-07-2002 00:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:

LK-9

TWICE!Evil

Yeah Larry, if you visit here, why the hell did you do that?? What are you trying to prove? That you own the masters so you can add your 2 versions? Well, you don't have it, so there.
LK-9

07-07-2002 00:13 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Hey, it's a lot easier to stop the last 2 songs then if 2 albums were combined and songs cut out like most KMG releases. I kind of like Larry's lounge version, so sue me. Pleased

07-07-2002 02:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
Hey, it's a lot easier to stop the last 2 songs then if 2 albums were combined and songs cut out like most KMG releases. I kind of like Larry's lounge version, so sue me. Pleased

Naw, I won't sue you, you can like Larry's version.
PS Now the other JT might sue you, he's the lawyer.

07-07-2002 11:25 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
quote:
quote:
LK-9

thank you so very much!

you the dog!

Big Grin

LK-9

"...and please droin on in the liner notes about your own self-importance for 6 pages or so"

Smile )

07-07-2002 13:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

"...and please droin on in the liner notes about your own self-importance for 6 pages or so"

Smile )

heh heh,

I did like the way he did Welcome To Paradise and Upon This Rock. Good ol Larry, always something to talk about with him, mostly himself.

BD

07-07-2002 17:11 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Came Clean Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sigh, if there was ever a bigger target than the Tuxedo Clad Megastar on this board it's Larry. Larry the man, the singer, the saint, the paranoid, the lounge singer "da da da, da da da blah blah blah"

He's also a pretty dedicated guy from what a couple of my friends say who know him. One of my buddies was his sound man years ago, and Larry was very charitable and open. He paid for his flight home when he suddenly had to leave the tour.

Sure, he's got issues, but not as many as me. Yeah his tunes have been on a declining scale for the last little while. But he's done some cool stuff, and worked with some great acts. How many other Christian artists have worked with guys like Andy Johns, and recorded with George Martin. I'll give him credit for knocking down and over a lot of doors for what we take for granted today. He's still stuck in a time warp, but I'm not sure I want him to wake up.

PS - anyone out there get the Belfast Bootlegs? If so, anyone else notice any problems with disc four.

Later,

JtT

07-08-2002 14:05 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Hmmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Sigh, if there was ever a bigger target than the Tuxedo Clad Megastar on this board it's Larry. Larry the man, the singer, the saint, the paranoid, the lounge singer "da da da, da da da blah blah blah"

Any truth to the rumor[1] that they're gonna hit the road together and call it the Dinky 'n' Dorky Tour?

[1] the one I just started, that is....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-08-2002 14:18 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

oooh oooh oooh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rather than some weak nostalgic moniker like "Legends" or "Old Farts who still out rock those punk kids" Tours, if Larry and Daniel Amos tour they could call it the ... (wait for it)

La de Da tour.

JtT

07-08-2002 14:28 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
He's still stuck in a time warp, but I'm not sure I want him to wake up.

It wouldn't be the same without him!

PS - anyone out there get the Belfast Bootlegs? If so, anyone else notice any problems with disc four.

I didn't buy those, but i didn't see any complaints about them either. Are they any good (besides the problem with disc four)?

BD

07-08-2002 17:44 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

Larry Norman is evil

He's been naked on at least two of his album covers....terrible.

Ü

07-08-2002 22:33 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Larry Norman? Confused

07-09-2002 00:47 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
Larry Norman? Confused

Oh my... Blister Boy doesn't know who Larry is!

Thats like saying: Elvis? Confused
07-09-2002 06:39
jc
Luteous Llama

ya gotta love it Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when we tire of thumpin on the
"cornman" ..
theres always ol Stormin to give a good kick in the pants.
The Dinky and Dorky Tour- that was a classic there Mr C.
I think we all trash LN with at least a little respect ,,I ain't seen his pecks lately, but the hair says it all.
JiMiNy
07-09-2002 07:44 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Yeah, the hair says it all.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

YEAH, baybee, YEAH!!! Larry Norman, International Man of Pancakes!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-09-2002 10:01 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by carl
YEAH, baybee, YEAH!!! Larry Norman, International Man of Pancakes!

heh heh

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

07-09-2002 10:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
Larry Norman? Confused

Larry Norman....

A legend in his own mind.....and many others

Considered by many the Grandfather of Christian Rock-N-Roll.

Has tons of albums (many with the same songs on them) but the standouts are

1: Upon This Rock - 69
2: Only Visiting This Planet - 72
3: So Long Ago The Garden - 73
4: In Another Land - 76
5: Something New Under The Son - 80

Lots of hit and miss stuff since then

He's still doing new stuff today (when he's not in poor health...has heart problems, he's not doing to good right now).

He ''Produced'' HD for DA and several others singers like Randy Stonehill and Mark Heard.

Worth checking out if you have the time, just don't believe everything he writes about himself.

BD

07-09-2002 10:16 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's Time to Come Clean...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH