Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The name "Daniel Amos" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The name "Daniel Amos"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

The name "Daniel Amos" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry if this is already in a FAQ somewhere or something, but I was just curious of the origin of DA's name? I mean, I know about them being called Jubal's Last Band and everything, but when they finally did change the name to Daniel Amos, where did that specific idea come from?
04-11-2008 22:21 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From the Timeline;

Mid 1975

Marty: "After about a year, we worked up enough courage to go to a Maranatha Music Group meeting. These meetings were where all the bands affiliated with Maranatha or Calvary would meet and share their experiences with each other in the presence of Chuck Smith. It was kind of scary. Here we were with bands like Love Song, The Way, Children Of The Day, Mustard Seed Faith, The Road Home, Karen Lafferty, Eric Nelson, all in the presence of Chuck Smith. Plus, we were the new comers and we didn’t know what to expect. No one ever heard of us. Anyway, Tom Stipe asked all the new bands to come up and check in. So I went up to check in and about the same time I went up Daryl Mansfield came up to check in for his new band. We were still going by Jubal, at the time, so that was the name I was going to give. I told Daryl to go ahead and go first. I didn’t want him to hear what our name was; I was embarrassed with the name Jubal. So he told Tom their name was Jubal! I looked at him with my mouth wide open and told him that’s what we were called! In a panic, He went back to his group and I went back to my group. I told the guys what just happened. After checking our list of names, we decided to go with the name Daniel Amos. I went back to Tom and told him we were called Daniel Amos and Daryl Mansfield went back and told him they were going to be Gentle Faith."

Terry: "Daniel Amos was a name that was chosen out of the Bible, the Old Testament. It's the prophets, Daniel and Amos. We were a country band at the time. We thought it would be a little different to put a couple of names together that sounded like an old country gentleman sitting out on the fence, strumming his guitar. Of course, it has caused some problems: 'Who's Daniel and who's Amos?' There's no Daniel Amos in the band." (Source: Rudy Grande of KLYT quoting Terry Taylor - June 1982 “An Interview With Terry `Daniel Amos’ Taylor”)

04-11-2008 23:07 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Which one's Pink?
04-12-2008 17:24 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The Midget.

04-13-2008 11:50 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

I used to go to Tom Stipe's church in Colorado in the late 90's--great church! Happy

04-29-2008 14:45 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Daniel P Amos
Total Compensation: $8.6 mil (#157)
5-Year Compensation Total: $78,600 thou

Daniel P Amos has been CEO of Aflac (AFL) for 15 years. Mr. Amos has been with the company for 32 years . The 53 year old executive ranks 9 within Insurance

Education
College: University of Georgia BS ' 73
Graduate School: NA

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

05-14-2008 08:16 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I had read that concerning Darryl Mansfield (who ROCKS btw!!)
Wiki says of him..

Darrell Mansfield is an American Gospel/Blues musician.

Mansfield got his start in 1974 with a band called Jubal. When the band arrived at a Maranatha! Music meeting, they discovered that another band had a similar name. So, to avoid confusion or conflict, both bands decided to take on new names. Mansfield's band took the name, the Gentle Faith, which had been the name of band member Henry Cutrona's earlier group. The other band renamed themselves Daniel Amos.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-14-2008 08:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

I asked Terry this same question when he was producing JT's second CD. He said, quite succinctly, "Book of Daniel. Book of Amos." And that was that. Smile
05-14-2008 11:47 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thumb Up! Here is a blog I found! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As I sit here cleaning the house with Daniel Amos blaring loud enough to loosen the foundations, I realize how much bands like DA effected my theology. These guys were planting Emergent questions in my soul 20 years ago when I just thought the tunes were cool.

http://mrhackman.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 05-14-2008 17:18.

05-14-2008 17:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

^I found that when I was trying to find other people named Daniel Amos.

05-14-2008 18:12 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: Here is a blog I found! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

As I sit here cleaning the house with Daniel Amos blaring loud enough to loosen the foundations, I realize how much bands like DA effected my theology. These guys were planting Emergent questions in my soul 20 years ago when I just thought the tunes were cool.

http://mrhackman.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

I posted a link to this site there! Cool

05-14-2008 18:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
Daniel P Amos

Daniel P Amos has been CEO of Aflac (AFL) for 15 years. Mr. Amos has been with the company for 32 years . The 53 year old executive ranks 9 within Insurance

Education

I'll bet he was the one who came up with the idea for those duck commercials.
05-14-2008 18:40 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Originally posted by larryl
Daniel P Amos

Education

I'll bet he was the one who came up with the idea for those duck commercials.

Evil

05-14-2008 18:54 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

by the way........
which one's daniel? Confused

Tongue

bobd

05-19-2008 13:14 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

daniel has always been Ralphs brother..
where You been ?
Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-19-2008 14:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Come in here, Dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far,
You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die,
You're gonna make it, if you try;
They're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect,
And I mean that most sincerely.
The band is just fantastic,
that is really what I think.
Oh
quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
by the way........
Tongue

05-19-2008 16:35 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
by the way........

He's the tall guy in the back.

05-19-2008 19:53 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ubique Epoque

Daniel Amos and his Pretty Pot House.

"The Pretty Pot House - now there's a name to conjure with in this age when few new houses merit a second glance. And where was this oddly named house? Well, if it were still standing, the house would be halfway between the Dunkirk flyover and University Boulevard, on the southern side of Beeston Road. When it was built in 1900 there was, however, no University Boulevard. Beeston Road simply petered out and was replaced by a footpath that ran across the Highfields Estate to Beeston.

More or less at the corner of Lace Street and Beeston Road a Mr Daniel Amos and his wife had erected a solid, detached house with further buildings at the rear to store materials for Mr Amos’s business. He was a jobbing builder, concentrating on repairs and extensions. The Beeston Road house appears to have been the only one Mr Amos completely built himself. Perfectly ordinary in its design and layout, what made it totally unique was the way Mr Amos and his wife set about decorating inside and out"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 05-20-2008 05:38.

05-20-2008 05:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Here's more.

"Thank you for the Lenton Listener with its interesting article about my grandparents' home, 'Pretty Pot House'. You asked me to let you know of any mistakes. The article is substantially correct, except for the ending, for neither of my grandparents moved to another house in Dunkirk. My grandfather, Daniel Amos, died in 1918, the year I was born, and so I never knew him."

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Daniel Amos and his Pretty Pot House.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 05-20-2008 05:41.

05-20-2008 05:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

The emergent church discussion is now here.

05-20-2008 22:28 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The name "Daniel Amos"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH