Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » whacky, but non-DA road story » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page whacky, but non-DA road story 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

whacky, but non-DA road story Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

happy friday, friends.

hey, did i ever tell you about the time that The Choir went on tour with randy stonehill as the opening band? i usually rode with the choir in the van and randy and the rest of the other band would follow in a giant motorhome.

(they were constantly taunting us because they were riding around in relative luxury, and we were bouncing around in a beatup old van.)

one day, at a truck stop, we bought fireworks, rope and a lot of pastry (without letting randy or the band see the stuff we bought.) one of the rodies and i climbed into the back of the van, and he tied a rope to the back door so that he could let it open (while driving 70 mph) and then pull on the rope to close it back.

when we got on the freeway, the rodie let the back door open, i put several firecrackers into a chocolate creme-filled cupcake, lit it up, and then the idea was to launch it at randy's giant motorhome so that the pastry would explode all over their windshield. (keep in mind, we were 27 to 30 year old men at the time. pretty mature, huh?!)

the first time i tried it, my timing was off, the back door didn't open wide enough or quickly enough and the creme-filled cupcake exploded all over me. (i always wished that i could have seen that first try from their point of view. they had no idea what we were up to and all they saw was the van back door opening, me holding a dessert item up in the air, the thing suddenly going off daffy-duck-style and covering me in chocolate cake and creme, and then the back door slowly closing.)

we finally got our timing down and launched a chocolate creme pie which exploded about a foot in front of their windshield, and then the driver turned the windshield wipers on, completely smearing it, and they had to pull over.

oh, the nutty road pranks!

anyway, i'll be around off and on for the rest of the day if anyone wants to chat.
01-21-2005 11:31 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question RE: whacky, but non-DA road story Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
happy friday, friends.

hey, did i ever tell you about the time that The Choir went on tour with randy stonehill as the opening band?

shouldn't that be the other way around? Confused

Cool
01-21-2005 11:38 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had my quip all ready, joey. But after reading it again, I'm pretty sure our bass mammoth just dangled his participle a little too far out there.

Gad, I HOPE....

Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-21-2005 11:40 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi ya joey! randy played with a full band (that was the other band in the motorhome) so we would open, randy then did a few acoustic songs and then the full band would come out.
01-21-2005 11:42 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOLBig Grin

Maturity at its best! Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
01-21-2005 11:42 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

howdy carl.
01-21-2005 11:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

and hi, bereal!
01-21-2005 11:44 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

hi tim!

I'm going to eat lunch with MF and the kids, but I'll be back a little later.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
01-21-2005 11:45 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
hi ya joey! randy played with a full band (that was the other band in the motorhome) so we would open, randy then did a few acoustic songs and then the full band would come out.

cool... i just figured randy has sold lots and lots of records.... well, at least way more than the choir or Da...... Wink

Cool
01-21-2005 12:07 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Had you just left it at the first attempt..it would have just seemed
like a bizarre magic trick put on to entertain the motor-homers.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-21-2005 12:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: whacky, but non-DA road story Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
oh, the nutty road pranks!

Great story Big Grin thanks Cool

01-21-2005 12:58 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

LOL that is too funny. Great story Tim Big Grin

01-21-2005 13:02 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi Dale and audioris and dorfsmith. what's goin' on?
01-21-2005 13:15 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Well, yesterday evening my wife suffered an alergic reaction to something (don't know what) and it got worse today so I just got back from taking her to the doctor. Turned out not to be a big deal...

Not much else new. I think I might do some work on my website since Cindy is home and can help me if I get stuck Big Grin

01-21-2005 13:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

dorf -- it's always seemed odd to me that a person, after having lived for a long time, can suddenly develope an allergy to something they've been exposed to since birth. And your wife does website design?
01-21-2005 13:31 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I used to belong to a "pacifist army" ?? that used paper swords, water bombs, etc.
We travelled to Queenstown NZ to fight the local Boy Scouts and a service club as part of a weekend celebration. I was 19 (ha! I'm now 47)

One of our group was a weapons enthusiast and he had made a working cannon with about a 3" bore. This used gunpowder charges to fire out various things. For this trip, he stopped at a farm and collected a load of cow manure, making up a huge number of newspaper wrapped parcels for use on the campaign.

On the way to Queenstown the rear doors of the van opened, a serious looking cannon was pointed out, and a volley of cow $hit erupted out at following vehicles!

We later used it in the battle, but the gunpowder charge was too large and it vapourised the stuff....charging forward with my paper sword after the cannon was fired, I felt a fine mist descending around me. Then I realised what it was!!!!

I like your story better though, Tim. It gives me a great visual image of what uncle Rand and band fleetingly saw...I wonder what they thought?

www.smashthatcomputer.com
01-21-2005 13:37 wayneb is offline Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:

cool... i just figured randy has sold lots and lots of records.... well, at least way more than the choir or Da...... Wink

Yes, but so did the Beatles.... Roll Eyes

Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-21-2005 13:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Grand Encephalon

Originally posted by Tim
dorf -- it's always seemed odd to me that a person, after having lived for a long time, can suddenly develope an allergy to something they've been exposed to since birth. And your wife does website design?

Well, she's done our site www.dorfsmith.com but someday would like to do them for other people.

Alergic reactions are very strange. She hasn't eaten or done anything unusual at all. She came home from work last night and looked pretty bad. This morning she was worse but I think the medication is starting to work. The doctor was not concerned so hopefully it goes away soon.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 01-21-2005 13:39.

01-21-2005 13:38 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

great story, wayneb.
01-21-2005 13:40 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

dorf -- i'm glad she's better.
01-21-2005 13:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » whacky, but non-DA road story

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH