Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAHD 1/4" masters for sale? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAHD 1/4" masters for sale?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

DAHD 1/4" masters for sale? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I arrived home this evening, I found my new Solid Rock newsletter in my mailbox with the following interesting paragraph.

"Also, in an effort to raise money for Larry's medical needs, the family is considering selling things from larry's 'estate' or whatever it should be called. For example, there are master tapes of Only Visiting This Planet and other albums which may be for sale. (Welcome To Paradise? Horrendous Disc?) 'Masters' are 1/4" reel-to-reel tapes which contain the music from the albums. We are, with his permission of course, also considering selling his guitars, his leather jackets and personal things like that. We have no idea if anyone is even interested in any of these kinds of things. If you are, please let us know by writing us at: The Norman Family 1115 madison St. NE #229 Salem, OR 97303."

Sounds interesting...

08-19-2002 17:51 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, I received it a few days ago and was wondering about that. I had been waiting to see if anyone else knew anything about this.

Audiori,

Are Terry and the guys aware of this and is this something they may be interested in, at a reasonable price of course?

The other thing I wondered is whether or not this is truly the original master.

08-19-2002 17:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Wow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It would be cool to have the 1/4" reel to reel master of HD or Only visiting this planet(the only good Norman in MHO). Although the clothes and stuff, uh....I guess in a sort of way he is the KING of christian rock. It's sort of like The lord of the Rings. To modern day fantasy fiction fans it may appear to be predictable, but it was the original. Sort of like Larry....I may get a backlash here, but it's true.
lucy
08-19-2002 17:56 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Am I the only one who thinks Larry Norman has Alzheimer's Disease? (Only making fun of larry not the disease). Charlton Heston does you know so why not Mr. Norman? Speaking of Heston, I bet He Hates Bullet Train.

08-19-2002 18:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
It would be cool to have the 1/4" reel to reel master of HD or Only visiting this planet(the only good Norman in MHO). Although the clothes and stuff, uh....I guess in a sort of way he is the KING of christian rock. It's sort of like The lord of the Rings. To modern day fantasy fiction fans it may appear to be predictable, but it was the original. Sort of like Larry....I may get a backlash here, but it's true.
lucy

I still like LN

not like I once did but I enjoy listening to his older stuff.

How about the pic of him, the newsletter says he weighs only 140 pounds. That's pretty thin. Shocked

BD

08-19-2002 20:53 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I like Larry too. But his best music is behind him. He just seems to keep putting out CD's with the same songs on them (for the most part).

He looks very thin.

08-19-2002 20:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I like Larry too. But his best music is behind him. He just seems to keep putting out CD's with the same songs on them (for the most part).

He looks very thin.

But he's got two new ones coming out.

Essenential Larry Norman - A comprehensive collection of Larry's best songs. blah blah blah and songs never even hear before.

Survivor - An unusual overview of Larry's music. It includes unreleased bonus tracks, blah blah blah radio single version of "The Tune"

08-19-2002 21:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Yes, we've contacted the Norman Family conccerning the 1/4"
masters.

I think Terry has a copy of the master as well, and I
left a message for Terry to see if anything on Norman's copy
of the tape would have anything on it that Terry doesn't have.

Would be nice to safeguard these masters so that they
withstand the test of time.

If we are able to obtain them, they will end up in
DA's own archives. But I really am only interested in purchasing them if Terry needs the copy.

And, we also think Larry needs some support right now.
This might be the best way for us to give him a hand as well. Keep Larry in your prayers.

We also forwarded a message from Terry to Larry just a couple weeks ago concerning the new CD issue of Horrendous
Disc or Part II, Larry wants it and Mark Heard's CD out real soon. Maybe Terry can write something for the booklet,
if time allows.. since he is working on Lost Dogs stuff at
the moment.

the townsends

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-19-2002 22:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Townsends,

Thanks. Please keep us posted on this info. We are also anxiously awaiting HD II.

08-20-2002 07:52 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Townsends,

Thanks. Please keep us posted on this info. We are also anxiously awaiting HD II.

Another release of HD? Then I'd have three. Wow!

-- aotp
08-20-2002 13:37 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

It was supposed to have bonus songs.

08-20-2002 18:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
It was supposed to have bonus songs.

I wont say a word Roll Eyes
I get tempted to buy "only visting this planet" but then it goes away Tongue

08-21-2002 18:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I like OVTP.

08-21-2002 18:05 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

rock and roll may not be dead
but it's getting sick

08-21-2002 18:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I like OVTP.

there are about two songs I don't care for.

08-21-2002 18:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

which ones?

08-21-2002 18:14 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
which ones?

The Righteous Rocker and that I'd wish we'd all been ready song Roll Eyes

08-21-2002 18:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I definitely think it's his best album overall.

08-21-2002 19:18 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
which ones?

yes, but without love, you ain't nuthin without love.

BD

08-21-2002 22:06 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
which ones?

yes, but without love, you ain't nuthin without love.

BD

Roll Eyes

08-22-2002 12:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAHD 1/4" masters for sale?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH