Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just one CD please! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Just one CD please!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well - I do like steve taylor's "now the truth can be told" and really enjoy Six Pence none the richer's version of Bouquet on the tribute to Steve Taylor - and I really like their name because it come's from a C.S. Lewis book - speaking of which - isn't DA's alarma chronicles based loosely on his science fiction series - ooooooh - I like science fiction - did anybody read Stephen Lawhead's sci fi series about Dome? And I got to see Stephen Lawhead and Jeff Johnson on tour in San Francisco a few years back - Jeff Johnson sure has some good albums - and San Francisco - wow - what a place........

09-03-2002 17:57 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

-----------------------
I wish, though, that the strings played a more significant part. In the 80's they moved away from strings to more of a synthesized sound (at least on their last three), although the music quality was still superb. For instance, I would say Secret Messages was an AWESOME recording with some incredible keys and guitar work - IMHO the best work they ever did - but where were the strings?
------------------------

I see, after the eighties stuff you were ready for the orchestara again. From my perspective, having last been listening to Out of the B lueand Discovery, I was ready for a more stripped down sound. It just sems that with Out of the Blue, for all its merits, the string thing got beat to death, and by Discovery they were becoming a caricature of their string sound. Hmmm, you think Secret Messages was their best album, I really better check that one out. One thing i can tell you for certain, owning the superb "best of" collection called "Strange Magic" is that I think the stong "Stranger" is the greatest song Jeff Lynne has done. If that song is any indication of the rest of the album, I want to pick it up for sure. Is the album Time any good?
Jim
09-03-2002 21:17
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just one CD please!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH