Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2004 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone 2004 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 Presently At C-stone Slappedhard 07-02-2004 21:14
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 Joey T. 06-17-2004 10:07
 cornerstone 2004 Ben 06-17-2004 12:13
 RE: cornerstone 2004 joey 06-17-2004 12:25
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 John Foxe 06-17-2004 12:41
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 Mountain Fan 06-17-2004 12:44
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 bereal 06-17-2004 14:19
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 Commander Cote 06-17-2004 16:06
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 DaLe 06-18-2004 08:42
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 Eleanor 06-18-2004 09:12
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 AgedParent 06-18-2004 07:16
 ^ very CooL DaLe 06-18-2004 08:40
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 jiminy 06-18-2004 09:08
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 Mountain Fan 06-18-2004 10:16
 Gad.... carl 06-18-2004 10:19
 RE: Gad.... Mountain Fan 06-18-2004 10:20
 RE: Gad.... jiminy 06-18-2004 13:39
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 carl 06-18-2004 10:22
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 Mountain Fan 06-18-2004 10:24
 RE: Cornerstone 2004 DaLe 06-18-2004 11:39
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Slappedhard
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 07-20-2003

Presently At C-stone Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am here now (more correctly at the Holiday Inn Express in Galesburg...free high speed internet..). It's Friday.

Working at Radrockers for Mike Delaney and looking forward to VOL and the Lost Dogs tomorrow night.

Relient K was very impressive last night. You can really feel that guys heart in his music. (My kid's band, but it was thoroughly enjoyable).

Interesting reading can be found (in retrospect) at the beginning of this thread, after seeing some of the bands. POD is playing at the Main stage in between VOL and the Dogs...Should I go?

Ha!

While working at Radrockers, you can the HM/Indoor stage , and it had 4 bands that had music and lead singers that were indistinguishable this afternoon. The deep throated yelling style singing, with lyrics that aren't discernable, is very prevalent this year.

Some people say its age, or that it's just what you're tuned in too...still the message has to be clear or else its just noise. How can noise be spiritually uplifting? Maybe I am getting old.

I agree with what was said earlier in this thread, that C-Stone will probably lose more of its diversity without pulling in more praise type bands, (Third Day, Casting Crowns, etc.) and bands that appeal to the parents of the kids attending Falling Up (good show), Relient K, etc.

Just some observations.
07-02-2004 21:14 Slappedhard is offline Send an Email to Slappedhard Search for Posts by Slappedhard Add Slappedhard to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Roll Eyes

06-17-2004 10:07 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

cornerstone 2004 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What would happen if they held a music fest and DA (the best band in the world) didn't come? Crying

Ben
06-17-2004 12:13 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Down! RE: cornerstone 2004 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
What would happen if they held a music fest and DA (the best band in the world) didn't come? Crying

i wouldn't go...... Frown

Cool
06-17-2004 12:25 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know of many in my own church that are not going this year. It's a combination of different factors, raging from price to content.

I'm not going for the first time in years. The increased $$'s is a factor. The focus toward the newer demographics is another. Plus DA and some regular others will be missing for the second year in a row. One Dogs show isn't enough to draw me.

John

06-17-2004 12:41 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
I know of many in my own church that are not going this year. It's a combination of different factors, raging from price to content.

I'm not going for the first time in years. The increased $$'s is a factor. The focus toward the newer demographics is another. Plus DA and some regular others will be missing for the second year in a row. One Dogs show isn't enough to draw me.

John

Thinking of giving them the bird, someone musta sent them pigeons instead of doves this year! Mad

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-17-2004 12:44 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
... DA and some regular others will be missing for the second year in a row. One Dogs show isn't enough to draw me.

John

Actually, one Dogs show would be enough to draw me, as I have family within about 20 minutes of Bushnell, IL (in Canton) and friends in Fiatt, IL, just down the road from Bushnell on the way to Canton. (I was actually born in Canton, IL!) Smile )

But since we be goin to the Dogs show on the 30th in Knoxville, TN, don't have any need to take a trip all the way up there this summer. Roll Eyes

Now next summer, if DA, SE, LD, and carl's personal favorite The Choir make it to Cstone, we'll be there! Pleased Cool

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-17-2004 14:19 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Dale
I'll be there, especially for the Saturday Gallery Line Up. Look me up, and I'll even let you buy me a pop......
06-17-2004 16:06 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Dale
I'll be there, especially for the Saturday Gallery Line Up. Look me up, and I'll even let you buy me a pop......

will do Cool

06-18-2004 08:42 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Dale

will do Cool

get some DP!

it's what I sno...uh, drink.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eleanor: 06-18-2004 09:13.

06-18-2004 09:12 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
AgedParent AgedParent is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-17-2004

my daughter and I are taking in a lot of stuff this summer. She is 16 and got saved through the music of dc Talk (my CDs mysteriously dissapeared.... Big Grin ) She had heard Stonehill, Keaggy, and DA all hear life, but that is what clicked for her. I'm just greatfull she has found music that ministers to her like music has to me over the years and it is just as reasonable that she would choose a new sound over the great vintage stuff - Just like I didn't want to (and still don't) listen to my parent's music. Anyway we have an ambitious summer planned... Creation East in PA, Lifest in WI, and Sonshine Fest in MN, Kingdombound in NY with a few stops at home and some other concerts thrown in along the way (July 6 in Middleburg Heights, OH Big Grin ) Will I see any of you at any of these places? This is a rare time for my daughter and I, and I am so thankful that she welcomes me along - and so do her friends from the internet that we will be seeing.....
BTW, I share the vintage music with them whenever I can, though it gets a groan from my daughter. LOL If they like it, I buy what CD's I can for them to get the music leagally.

06-18-2004 07:16 AgedParent is offline Send an Email to AgedParent Homepage of AgedParent Search for Posts by AgedParent Add AgedParent to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of AgedParent: AgedParent738
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! ^ very CooL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sound like a great summer plan, have fun.

06-18-2004 08:40 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I beleive that missive was actually from
'independently wealthy" agedparent......

the rest of us ageddolts have to work fer a livin....

I have a 16 year old daughter- we may go mini- golfing together this summer......

C- Stone? - Next year (Lordywillin!)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-18-2004 09:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I bet carl would go to Cornerstone if ONLY "The Choir" were there, so he could preach to them! Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 10:16 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Gad.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm already going to see half of them in three weeks, and it ain't the GOOD half either! What more do you people WANT???? Crying Crying Crying

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-18-2004 10:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

RE: Gad.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
I'm already going to see half of them in three weeks, and it ain't the GOOD half either! What more do you people WANT???? Crying Crying Crying

So Dan and Tim are the good half? Have you sent them an offering of snow globes and windex (oops, that's berger)?

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 10:20 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: Gad.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

yeah - rub it in C- boy

rub it in...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-18-2004 13:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, the good quarter anyway. I'll give the Dan the benefit of the doubt. Big Grin Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-18-2004 10:22 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Well, the good quarter anyway. I'll give the Dan the benefit of the doubt. Big Grin Tongue

So, if The Choir were in town you would give them "No Quarter", or just 1/4 of them food and shelter? Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

06-18-2004 10:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

So, if The Choir were in town you would give them "No Quarter", or just 1/4 of them food and shelter? Big Grin

sounds like carl would have half of the Choir "Drawn & Quartered" Frown

give one of them food and shelter Cool
and one of them the benefit of the doubt Confused

06-18-2004 11:39 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2004

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH