Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Latest DAmb Fan Disc Update 9/8/02 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Latest DAmb Fan Disc Update 9/8/02
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
So are we going to be up to a 2 CD set with all songs?

If everyone completes their songs, we will have to do a double disc...

of course you would all have to pay more for it, but I'm sure it would be worth it!

BD

09-30-2002 17:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't record a song by myself. Hopefully, Wes Berlin and I can get together, but I don't know....If so, I'd like to do "Steal Away." It's my kind of song....

09-30-2002 17:07 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

of course you would all have to pay more for it, but I'm sure it would be worth it!

BD

oh yaaaa!

Big Grin

09-30-2002 17:10 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Home Permanent Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As I've mentioned before, I am doing Home Permanent. Father Explains is still up in the air. I have enough time to do a version that's not too overly elaborate (like an unplugged version).

As for Home Permanent, this is what I have so far:
Drums
Bass
Guitar 1, Guitar 2, Guitar 3, Guitar 4
1 Vocal Track (includes the vocals for the first two verses)

So yes, it is coming along - though it has not been an easy task to say the very least. I did not play note for note. I never had the intention of doing that. But I did figure out some parts the closest I could.

Duffman said he might contribute a lead guitar part if he has the time. Big Grin A few more overdubs and I'm done!

10-01-2002 02:23 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

and me? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

mine are done
they sound like crap
its all your gonna get
Hey wait- come back- I was kidding
(though in some ways they do sound like crap!)
BUT kiddles- we are here to have fun......
DONT get anal about it.
I told BD there are 1000 improvements to make
thats why I wont make any!
Jiminy
10-01-2002 07:37 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Bubba Death Machine
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-28-2002
Location: Comin' to yer town.... we'll help you kick the devil's ass for Jesus!

Du-hu-huuuuuuuudes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We finally got our, like, cut, done, but it was rough. I mean, when we got the request to do this unplugged gig, we didn't know what a tug it would be!

I mean, like, do any of you guys know what a guitar SOUNDS like when it's unplugged???

But we went to our, you know, music store down the street, and it's OK. They gave us this guitar with a hole in it, which we, like, thought was pretty stupid, but it sounded OK.

Vinny Foster (vocals, bass) * Lenny Gwineer (axe) * R. Brown (skins)
10-01-2002 07:42 Bubba Death Machine is offline Send an Email to Bubba Death Machine Homepage of Bubba Death Machine Search for Posts by Bubba Death Machine Add Bubba Death Machine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Bubba Death Machine
They gave us this guitar with a hole in it,

what will they think of next?

Big Grin

10-01-2002 08:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

IT GETS CONFUSING Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

them newfangles ones
gots more than one string
and you cant hardly play em with a feather!
JiMIny
10-01-2002 08:47 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jc
mine are done
they sound like crap
its all your gonna get
Hey wait- come back- I was kidding
(though in some ways they do sound like crap!)
BUT kiddles- we are here to have fun......
DONT get anal about it.
I told BD there are 1000 improvements to make
thats why I wont make any!
Jiminy

And I'm telling you right now, I ain't making any improvements either!

I'll be happy just to get these all on one CD (or two) in an order that makes sense (or not) and they are all close to the same sound level (I hope).

BD

by the way, you people rock!

(I probably wont be doing Hollow Man although I think I have the background track done.)

10-01-2002 08:48 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jc
them newfangles ones
gots more than one string
and you cant hardly play em with a feather!
JiMIny

Big Grin

10-01-2002 08:49 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
As I've mentioned before, I am doing Home Permanent. Father Explains is still up in the air.

revised on the DAmbIT page

(thanks, I knew there was some I missed)

BD

10-01-2002 08:50 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

BD

I just wondered since you seem to have so many submissions.

10-01-2002 20:04 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
I just mentioned on the NP thread that I was listening to my first take of the Wacky Fan Letter. The only problem is that it is so long.

are you going to come up with music of your own?
and what about the sound f/x?

I have the vocal track and a background track so far. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this. This is fun. I just need a couple of days to myself with peace and quiet to ensure it's done and turned in in two weeks. It's tough because I worry about using samples. For instance, will I be breaking copyright laws? I'd appreciate any guidance on that issue.

10-01-2002 20:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

You can take my name off the list as I know I won't be able to get anything done.

Wah Frown
10-01-2002 20:45 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Mark Mark is a male

That's a shame

10-01-2002 21:27 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

I had thought of using the Swirling Mellow version of Radeo Drive and plugging a mike into the Kareoke plug on the stereo and singing a parody "Big Dork is posting on the message board"

But...

a) no mike
b) bad quality result that would have to be posted to Big Dork.

10-01-2002 21:30 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

Maybe I'll give something a shot. What's the deadline? Oct 18? I'll see what I can come up with. I just hafta run it down the road to deliver it, so that's cool!

Does it hafta be a song no one else is doing?

Maybe I'll take Andrews spot - though I don't want his dreams - but I do envy his way with woids....

MartyB
10-01-2002 22:53 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by MartyB

Maybe I'll take Andrews spot - though I don't want his dreams - but I do envy his way with woids....

MartyB

Not even the dreams with Drew Barrymore, P. Cates and Buffy?

The dreams are of us all in a room alone together in a deep meaningful bible study.....

I don't know what you were thinking? Smile
10-01-2002 23:01 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
I had thought of using the Swirling Mellow version of Radeo Drive and plugging a mike into the Kareoke plug on the stereo and singing a parody "Big Dork is posting on the message board"

But...

a) no mike
b) bad quality result that would have to be posted to Big Dork.

bummer,

at least you'll be somewhere in the artwork! Smile )

BD

10-01-2002 23:04 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by MartyB
Maybe I'll give something a shot. What's the deadline? Oct 18? I'll see what I can come up with. I just hafta run it down the road to deliver it, so that's cool!

Does it hafta be a song no one else is doing?

MartyB

You don't have to do something different...

the theory is:

If Larry can do two covers of the same song, why can't we?

Big Grin

I'm sure any versions of the same song will be quite different from each other.

BD

10-01-2002 23:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Latest DAmb Fan Disc Update 9/8/02

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH