Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Latest DAmb Fan Disc Update 9/8/02 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Latest DAmb Fan Disc Update 9/8/02
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by MartyB
Maybe I'll give something a shot. What's the deadline? Oct 18? I'll see what I can come up with. I just hafta run it down the road to deliver it, so that's cool!

Does it hafta be a song no one else is doing?

Maybe I'll take Andrews spot - though I don't want his dreams - but I do envy his way with woids....

MartyB

You don't have to do something different...

the theory is:

If Larry can do two covers of the same song, why can't we?

Big Grin

I'm sure any versions of the same song will be quite different from each other.

BD

Of course in true DAMB fashion we should try and do two version exactly the same just to prove you wrong. Smile
10-01-2002 23:12 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Buffalo Buffalo is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Big Dork, what\'s your... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... Zip size? I've got a 250 (which also writes to 100's.) I'm workin' on the second submission (will reveal what it is if it works out) so I can send them both at the same time. Don't worry, you'll get at least "In The Calling" by the deadline! If the second song is successful, the data may go over 100M (both together); that's why the ? on size.
Buffalo (and Dolphin) (and Egret (the wifey) as she's involved in the new tune.) (Stra....a..a..a..a..a..a..a..a..a..nge Animals!)
10-06-2002 20:46 Buffalo is offline Send an Email to Buffalo Search for Posts by Buffalo Add Buffalo to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

-oh look out! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bibleland Suite is complete and winging it's way to BD as we speak-
Big Grin

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
10-07-2002 01:07 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just spent a great day with Wes Berlin recording "Steal Away". I think it turned out pretty DAMB good. Wes is going to do some tweakin' on it, but it should be to BD with time to spare.....

Thanks so much, Wes. Good times!!!

10-07-2002 11:57 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork

quote:
Originally posted by Buffalo
... Zip size? I've got a 250 (which also writes to 100's.) I'm workin' on the second submission (will reveal what it is if it works out) so I can send them both at the same time. Don't worry, you'll get at least "In The Calling" by the deadline! If the second song is successful, the data may go over 100M (both together); that's why the ? on size.
Buffalo (and Dolphin) (and Egret (the wifey) as she's involved in the new tune.) (Stra....a..a..a..a..a..a..a..a..a..nge Animals!)

looks like 100mb is the max I can do.

What type of file are you making?

BD

10-07-2002 13:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

6:15Am Mountain Time?! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAmb Fan Album

updated 10/07/02 6:15Am Mountain Time

-

man BD, you up too early doood....
Big Grin

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
10-08-2002 00:34 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by ™
DAmb Fan Album

updated 10/07/02 6:15Am Mountain Time

-

man BD, you up too early doood....
Big Grin

heh heh

that's what time it is right now

Big Grin

BD

10-08-2002 08:17 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Hey Birdhouse... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So...while recording at Wes Berlins'
did you see the picture of the Tuxedo Clad Megastar on his studio wall?
Inspiring, huh? Big Grin
10-08-2002 09:46 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Ceremonial Kernel

Evil (you'll understand soon enough)

10-08-2002 10:08 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhatan bite the dussssst

Big Grin

10-08-2002 11:34 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Wes, do you have a tape player?

10-08-2002 16:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

YEA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

AS YOU WILL HEAR-
THATS MY TECHNOLOGY
-PING PONGING FROM THE TAPE PLAYER ABYSS
(OHHH THE HISS.................)
jImInY
10-08-2002 16:36 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jc
AS YOU WILL HEAR-
THATS MY TECHNOLOGY
-PING PONGING FROM THE TAPE PLAYER ABYSS
(OHHH THE HISS.................)
jImInY

me too, but it is a four-track, for whatever that is worth! Big Grin

10-08-2002 16:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Wes, do you have a tape player?

yes sir.

10-08-2002 17:33 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey Wes - any idea why the sound level is so low on those CDs? Can't hardly hear them when the stereo is set at the "normal" level.....

10-08-2002 17:38 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
Hey Wes - any idea why the sound level is so low on those CDs? Can't hardly hear them when the stereo is set at the "normal" level.....

maybe you played too soft. maybe you're just going deaf. Big Grin

seriously, those were just quick mixes so you'd have something to take home with ya. it'll be fine young man "i'll fix it in the mix".

and in case you doubt me............"the checks in the mail". Big Grin

10-08-2002 23:12 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Buffalo Buffalo is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Answer for BD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Like I mentioned before, I'll be makin' 16-bit stereo 44.1kHz wave files. (That should be about CD quality, eh?)

I know, I know, uncompressed huge ol' files, but, hey, quality (what little there may be) won't suffer for it.

Wave files are well known so you should be able to convert them to what you need, right?

By the way, the second tune is coming along... Almost ready to reveal it but it's not quite far enough along to let the cat out of the bag yet...

One last: What's the plans for distribution, costs, fees, whatever? And, thanks for doing this, we'll enjoy being part of it and experiencing the participation of the other participating participants!
10-09-2002 03:43 Buffalo is offline Send an Email to Buffalo Search for Posts by Buffalo Add Buffalo to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

COSTS? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In the words of Rainman..
about a hundred dollars.

Thats about right eh BD?
JiMiny
10-09-2002 08:33 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Buffalo
Like I mentioned before, I'll be makin' 16-bit stereo 44.1kHz wave files. (That should be about CD quality, eh?)

Those should work fine. I would think you could get two songs on one 100mb zip disc? maybe not..

I can send you your discs back when I get them copied...I know how expensive those things are.

quote:
Originally posted by jc
In the words of Rainman..
about a hundred dollars.

Thats about right eh BD?
JiMiny

yeah, that's about it...Wink

I'm not sure what the cost per person will be yet. Hopefully under $10 each. But now we will probably have a double disc set, and I'm checking into prices for the artwork. I'll let everone know soon what the exact costs are, and make sure everyone is ok with it.

BD

10-09-2002 13:50 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

you dolt! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD- I was pluggin 100 dolars
apiece-
we could have split it right down the middle
70/30..
(think that math is right...)
heads I win- tails you lose
Borrow me 10 bucks- but only give me 5....
then I'll owe you five and you'll owe me five
and we'll be even.....
JimIny
10-09-2002 14:10 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Latest DAmb Fan Disc Update 9/8/02

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH