Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado #3 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Avocado #3
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Avocado #3 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A little help?

I got #'s 1 & 2 from the Avocado Club some time ago.

Lately, I've been hearing murmurings about a #3 being on it's way. I haven't re-enrolled in the club because of cash flow and the unsure timing of releases.

BUUUuuuuUUUT,

If ya'll are receiving and expecting a third in the series that HAS been produced and IS set for shipping, I think I'd better get the card warmed up.

Any truth available?

-zip

August 2005
07-11-2003 11:51 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
ProdigalDog ProdigalDog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-20-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just recently (about a month or so ago) subscribed to the Avacado Club but have not received anything yet. I missed out on #1 and #2 and am excited to see what I get out of this. Is it really worth the $20.00?

07-11-2003 12:30 ProdigalDog is offline Search for Posts by ProdigalDog Add ProdigalDog to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Depends on how much of a fan you really are. I have one and two and really like 'em; although they are short.
07-11-2003 12:41 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Are they worth it? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

YES

Think about it. Two cds of material that you will never see reach the light of day again.

I have really enjoyed the material and it allows Terry an outlet of music that just doesn't flow on a regular album or it is a unique version, demo of stuff in his head.

It is a bargain at twice the price.
07-11-2003 14:29 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

AC Disc 3 is in the planning stages, but has not been produced just yet.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-11-2003 14:37 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

and another thing...

For the last twenty years, I have been a fan of Terry. Every single time I play a new album, I don't love it right away. Each release is unique and doesn't rely on the consumer's habit of picking up the same thing every time out. Some author's and artists are stuck creating the same thing every time because of the demands of their "fans"

We are lucky to have a real artist that will challenge our tastes, our minds and refuses to be predictable.

THat is the great thing about the club. I will have the music long enough to understand it, allow it to sink into my psyche and then love it.

P.S. It wasn't until I became a grown adult and had a family that I really that I really started listening to Terry's first two solo songs. I will say the same for the Americana sounds as well. Now I love it.
07-11-2003 14:42 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

cool thoughts. and very true. I'm not sad about anything I've purchased from the web-store (and before).
07-11-2003 15:21 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Renewed my Membership Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Renewed my Membership to the Avocado Club.....
here hopping all is well with the next cd
07-15-2003 03:51 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
YES

Think about it. Two cds of material that you will never see reach the light of day again.

I have really enjoyed the material and it allows Terry an outlet of music that just doesn't flow on a regular album or it is a unique version, demo of stuff in his head.

It is a bargain at twice the price.

that's what make's it worth it to me.

BD
07-15-2003 19:00 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado #3

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH