Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Choir thread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Choir thread
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

The Choir thread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I didn't see one, so to keep you guys from polluting the CAACONAA thread I'm starting one....

NOW we can take the gloves off....Big Grin

Tried umpteen times to find something to like about these guys. Just can't do it. If I want Christian murk-rock, I'll read my Bible while blasting a Cure album. I can't believe Chandler puts in time with this band. The only Derri products I'll buy anymore are Dogs albums -- hey, I like him just FINE there. I'll even go as far as to say he's got the best voice of the remaining three (although Roe's still the better singer -- anyone else notice that his voice just DRIPS with emotion these days?).

OK, bring it on.... tell me why I shouldn't lump them in the same "painfully overrated" box with Lucinda Williams, Sixpence Nonetheless Pretentious, and Wilco (over & out).... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-18-2003 10:25 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

at least you did not say... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... Derri is a ferri Roll Eyes

p.s. so what does that make Terry ?

... a ferry

p.s.s and what does that make Mike ?

... a D_ _ _ Shocked

this is from the LoST DoGS last few sets where terry & mike joke about Derri being a ferri . . .

07-18-2003 10:34 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

carlos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you certainly have the right to be opinionated and overbearing and absolutely wrong.
(just this once).

jk aside-
Like others- you either like them or you don't .
If you happen to like the Cure (like) me- they sound pretty dang cool. If you like Murky- then they fit the bill.
If you like Whiney Voices-(which I happen to at times) then Derri is truly a Wide Eyed Wonder.
Just cuz you don't like em..does that mean we shouldnt?
Hello?
and Timmy C puts in some wonderous crank on the low end- and I would think HE likes them a bit?
My one son loves Chior, DA - but bristles at the Dogs and Adam Again....
What are ya gonna do?
(other than voice your voice?)
Send me any other you may have..........
(10 songs..indeed!)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-18-2003 10:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"painfully overrated"????

I dont think so- there fan club I would describe as
"painfully small"

07-18-2003 10:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the choir

they are hit and miss with me...

my fav would have to be Speckled Bird. I always find at least a couple of songs on each album that I really like. I don't play them a lot and I have to be in the mood for it. I couldn't get into Flap Your Wings at all even though I like several songs off that one.

I will take the choir over sixpence any day! Tongue
07-18-2003 11:29 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

i was really into these guys when diamonds and rain came out and then liked chase the kangaroo even better! Cool

but now??? would have to agree with carl.... Red Face

the one from joisey... Tongue

Cool
07-18-2003 11:35 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I couldn't get into Flap Your Wings at all even though I like several songs

Funny BD- cuz that work got me more excited than ones previous.

I failed to mention earlier (in my RANT)- that I do like "vintage" choir more than some of their later works.
Though I think Yellow Haired Monkeys is a GREAT song- and feel it has its place on athe CAACONAA project!

Cmon Carlos- you dont even like "Rifleman"?
I mean, I always wanted a shirt like mark wore too

DAMb tripod!

07-18-2003 11:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I like The Choir.

07-18-2003 12:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

me too... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I like The Choir.

http://www.thechoir.net/pages/home.html

07-18-2003 12:51 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Cervantes Cervantes is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 05-04-2002

that there Choir band . . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They rather much rock . . .

David
07-18-2003 13:22 Cervantes is offline Send an Email to Cervantes Search for Posts by Cervantes Add Cervantes to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Cervantes: djc77da
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes Big Grin

07-18-2003 13:24 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Good to see all of these happy fool faces in here!

Pleased
07-18-2003 13:40 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

SAD FACE?

07-18-2003 13:46 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

tie your shoelaces to my shoelaces...

one of my fav Choir songs Smile
07-18-2003 13:55 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I actually pulled Wide Eyed Wonder out the other night and fell back in love with it. That was after I watched the Lost Dogs DVD and heard fairy derri play his little solo song. good album.

i also really like Wilco and Lucinda Williams...i can do without Sixpence. i have all their albums, but i never listen to any of them...except the first one. that one kicks a gigantic burro out there in sapce.
07-18-2003 14:28 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i like all of those overrated folks. But then Carl (the one from Joisey) and his alter egos are my favorite posters, so my taste must be totally off.
07-18-2003 14:41 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i like all of those overrated folks. But then Carl (the one from Joisey) and his alter egos are my favorite posters, so my taste must be totally off.

woah!

carl has alter egos?

that's news to me, i figured he was about the only one left without and alias. (besides Mark that is)

BD
07-18-2003 14:44 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

hey!
wa bow me?

I dont think Carlos has ever been anything but hissef.

07-18-2003 14:46 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

shovel go deep....
heart be true....
smack the baby kangaroo! Tongue

Cool
07-18-2003 14:54 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

well you were jc for a while weren't you?

Wink

BD
07-18-2003 14:55 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Choir thread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH