Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dr. Rich get's to see the Eddies tonight!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dr. Rich get's to see the Eddies tonight!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Dr. Rich get's to see the Eddies tonight!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You lucky dog! Let us know how it went! Pleased

07-13-2002 16:48 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

I hate him!!!

not really Wink hope it's a good one! Big Grin

07-13-2002 16:57 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Thread Starter Thread Started by Joey T.
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.

quote:

I hate him!!!

Well, let's just say that he'd better have a good story to tell on Monday! Wink

07-13-2002 17:20 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
quote:

quote:

I hate him!!!

He'd better!!!!

Pleased

07-13-2002 18:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Hey Dr. Rich Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was a pleasure meeting you guys there.

Hope you enjoyed the shows as much as I did.

07-14-2002 10:32 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
quote:

quote:

I hate him!!!

Amen. Big Grin

07-14-2002 17:23 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I want to hear about the show! Even though it will probably just get get upset that there won't be one around here anytime soon..... Crying

07-14-2002 20:52 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jc
Luteous Llama

i see Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a puddle of tears at my feet.
jimiNy
07-15-2002 07:56 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by jc
a puddle of tears at my feet.
jimiNy

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

07-15-2002 11:01 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Strange Days.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was an interesting show. We got to meet a few of you
guys there.. it's always fun chatting with people in rl.

The Eddies set was: Terry Taylor, Mike Roe, Tim Chandler,
Steve Hindalong, Mike stand and Rob Watson. Needless
to say, some of these guys never played with the Eddies
before, so in that way it was a first. They kinda, sorta
didn't all know the songs well.. so they turned every
song into a bizarre jam.
Which was definately cool to see for us fans, but I think the band was uncomfortable about the show somewhat.
One of my favorite parts was when they did the multiple
ending to one song.. Terry would walk away and then quickly
turn around and say 1,2,3,4.. and they would have to end
the song again. He probably did this about 8 times..
it was definately funny to see the bands reactions.
Durring one jam, Terry pointed at each member for them to do a solo.. Hindalong is notoriuos for hating drum solos
and never doing them.. you could see him shake his head no
and mouth "NO!" ..but he reluctantly conceded. Smile

We will have a set list soon, if someone doesn't beat us to it.

I know they had planned some sort of costumes at one point,
but I think it was decided it was too hot. And, there was talk of a Sacred Cows song or two, but I guess they didn't have time to "learn" them.
I think they just tried to have fun on stage which carried over to the lucky few that witnessed the strange event.

jason t

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-15-2002 11:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

eddies ROCK!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all-
First fo all I just want to say to John Foxe and teh Townsend brothers that it was a pleasure meeting you and shooting the poop with you.
I will give my impressions of the whole day of great concerts for you all. Now note that this is my humble oppinion, and I sure that Dr. Rich will have his own version of these things as well.

First the Lost Dogs -
Considering the fact that they had no real sound check, and little or no prep time, and the fact that Derri wasn't there, the guys did a great show. The first tune was You got to move and that was done in stellr Mike roe fashion. The second tune, Vegas Story was a little rough, I think that monitors were not the greatest here, becuase I heard more that one artist ask regularly for more vocal in te monitors. The rest of teh set was right on track, with Bullet Train that really jammed out. The one complaint I have was for the Festival, they gave these amazing bands very little time. I think the Dogs got to do maybe 6 or 7 tunes, I wish someone would have stuffed the stage manager in a box somewhere as he kept coming round with these dumb little signs telling the bands how little time they had left. All in all the Dogs rocked!!

Second Daniel Amos
You could tell that the guys were warming up. The DA set was great showcasing a lot of tunes from Vox Humana as Rob Watson was with them to do his keyboard parts. The set was rolling on great , the guys were very tight and then Terry Broke a string(his first of three during the night). They did as much as I can recollect, Travelog(stellar amazing!!), The incredible Shrinking Man, New Car, If You Want To, I ain't Gonna Fight It, Author of the Story, Joel and maybe one more that I can't remember(I'll have to look at the set list again as Steve Hindalong graciously gave Dr. Rich and I the set lists he had for all three shows). The set was again way too short, but great!

The 77's
This was a special treat as it was a very unique group. Mike Roe was the only member of the 77's present, so VOL(minus Bill of course) got up and jammed with mike. They did ironically mostly old blues and trad. rock standards in which Mike's amazing blues chops just shown through. All the tunes were long and jammed out. One of teh high points for me was when they did(belive it or not) One way Out by the Allman Bros. It was a great version!!! Almost like being at an allmans show! The only 77's tunes he did were a bit of Mercy,Mercy and a great version The lust, The Flesh...This was moving and very tight(especially considering the fact that his band hadn't rehearsed!)

The Swirling Eddies
This was the pinacle of the evening for Dr Rich and I. The Eddies as they were assembled were tight, and free all at the same time. It seemed to me that after the first two shows with the same line-up(the dogs, & DA) that everything just started to come together. Despite the fact that Steve Hindalong told Dr & I that none of them really knew what was going on, they seemed like they were just perfect. As the the townsend Brothers said below the songs were jammed out to the point of being very strange indeed. Hell-oh was one of these especialy, when Mike roe did this long feedback type of swirling thing throughout the second half of the song. AMAZING! They also did Attack of the Pulpit Masters. I think this was the one that they ended like 6-8 times(don't qote me on that). Lets see, they did My full Potential, Let's Spin, Billy, Strange Days, Authur Fardy's Yodeling Party, and I'm sure a few others that are eluding me(I wish I had those set lists in frontof me). All in all though these guys just could do no wrong. Terry was very animated throughout the whole Eddies show and I think the crowd and the rest of the band really just sort of fed off this(in MHO). Terry ended the night with the napsack song he did at the C2K show. The stage manager was being very uptight about the times, Dr Rich and I both noted, but Terry "did it for the fans"! He had a very humorous little speech at the end that I think I'll let The good Dr describe to you, but it was very funny, and tongue in cheek done in exact Eddies style. The shows were great if not long enough(at no fault of the bands) and Dr Rich were still high on the experience the next morning and even now still are I'm sure.
Oh by the way According to Terry, Derri was raptured so we are all in the Tribulation now....heh, heh
I must say though that Lifest itself was too uptight, and very geared towards the teeny end of things, but I spose...
I would definitley go again if they Had these stellar bands on again, but if not there is no way I'd go again.
To one and all YOU MISSED OUT!!! ha, ha, just kidding...
Lucy/Jonny Edwards
07-15-2002 12:41 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

>I must say though that Lifest itself was too uptight,

Couldn't agree more. They were barking rules and restrictions to us the minute we walked in the gate... they even hassled us about our video cameras - even though they knew we had permission several days before the festival began. It was no Cornerstone..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-15-2002 13:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JoannaRuth JoannaRuth is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-15-2002

Visions of Eddies Swirling in My Head Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's my take on the events of the evening:

The lineup & their Swirling Eddie names for the night:
Terry Taylor (Camarillo Eddie)
Rob Watson (Arthur Fhardy)
Mike Roe (Spot)
Tim Chandler (Berger Roy Al)
Steve Hindalong (Hort Elvison)
Mike Stand (Windy Wagonmaster)

Terry said Derri Daugherty was raptured early, so he didn't show for the Lost Dogs set and we're all living in the tribulation now. If last night was an example of life in the tribulation, I don't think it's going to be all that bad. Attempting to wing it as a two-legged dog, Derri's presence was sorely missed. Mike Roe tried to sing the first verse of "Vegas Story." In his own words: "Out of respect for Gene, I'm going to sing his verse without knowing it. Out of respect for Derri, I'm going to mess it up." Enough said. While trying to play "Breathe Deep," Mike & Terry realized that they didn't know all the words to Derri's part so they had audience members come up and help them out. That was awesome.

LD quotes:
"If someone has a bullet, please shoot us." --Mike in an introduction to "Bullet Train"
"10 minutes? Is that a threat?" --Terry responding to the stage manager holding up the "10 minutes" sign

I was busy snapping pictures (as usual) and during the DA set realized, "What a minute, these are the same guys as the last set!" So I held off until "Mike Roe and the Trophy Wives" played.

Mike Roe used Bill Mallonee and the Trophy Wives (formerly known as Vigilantes of Love) as his back-up band. They only played a couple 77's songs ("Mercy Mercy" and "The Lust") and the rest of the time jammed to random R&B songs. It was groovy. Bill played harmonica. After the second song Steve Hindalong decided he wanted to be a Trophy Wife so he hopped on stage with a tambourine.

Windy Wagonmaster was rather excited to join the Swirling Eddies ("I'm an Eddie!"). He did a great job. All of them did. Camarillo got his second wind and seemed to enjoy himself much more than he had earlier in the day. Spot kept eating Dipping Dots during the set. That was pretty funny. And there was Arthur Fhardi's clog dance--I think that was my favorite part. It was all a lot of fun.

SE quotes:
"We're not rock stars, we're geniuses." --Camarillo Eddie
"We're people of earth--stupid, stupid, stupid." --Camarillo Eddie

For a last minute, slap-together concert, this was really good.

I'll probably post some photos next week. Stay tuned.
07-15-2002 14:41 JoannaRuth is offline Send an Email to JoannaRuth Homepage of JoannaRuth Search for Posts by JoannaRuth Add JoannaRuth to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of JoannaRuth: CO Joanna
Woolly Eggwhisk

Countdown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, their ducks were all in a row, and they were VERY uptight about the time. It got to the point where we started joking about the guy coming by with the sign.

"10 minutes"
"5 minutes"

It reminded me of the scantily clad lady you used to see in between boxing rounds holding up the sign, and for what? "Umm, please hurry up and finish exactly on time so we can wait 15-45 minutes for the next group".

And no video cameras for ostensibly copyright reasons? Please, this rings a wee bit hollow! I recall in C'97 seeing many, many videocams to watch Terry & Friends in a very special performance. Who's gonna get rich off a DA video anyway?

Cornerstone is hot, dusty, not as organized, and has no real permanent structures like Lifest. You know what, though, I like it much better. Maybe it's JPUSA, the sweetness of the people, the raw atmosphere, the spontaneity, maybe a hundred other intangibles that go largely unappreciated.

I'm only griping a little - I'm thankful they were there. I'd go see Terry and the boys no matter where they were, and I'll never take that for granted.

07-15-2002 14:54 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jc
Luteous Llama

and now Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my puddle of tears has grown.....
and I unfortunately-
was'nt raptured
thx for the notes and comments
and ESPECIALLY the quotes-
you guys (and gals) keep good mental notes
after all -you're mental!
I did make a mental (ha!) note at 10:00 last Saturday Night when walkin home from the store with ice cream to turn to my daughter and say..."Jen, the Eddies are on stage right now."
She gave me a sympathetic pat and said "Dad, theres always next year" She loves me so.
sounds like they STARTED and STOPPED on the bell-eh?
Steve H an eddie...and Mike Stand?...Lordy did I miss it.
JimIny
07-15-2002 15:17 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Not exactly on the bell... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's what Mr. Stage Manager would have liked, but the Eddies didn't exactly end on the bell, and it's just as well. I think they just ignored the guy after a while, because they went to the very last minute on the set, then Terry went into the wanderer song for quite some time.

Hee, hee, just like the boys to buck the tide...

07-15-2002 15:36 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
anne
A Hot Wolly

hey audiori, joannaruth, john foxe, and lucy... thanks for posting the fun summaries, esp those bizarro little quotes & stories Big Grin
07-15-2002 15:40 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

My puddle of tears, too Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
my puddle of tears has grown.....
and I unfortunately-
was'nt raptured
thx for the notes and comments
and ESPECIALLY the quotes-
you guys (and gals) keep good mental notes
after all -you're mental!
I did make a mental (ha!) note at 10:00 last Saturday Night when walkin home from the store with ice cream to turn to my daughter and say..."Jen, the Eddies are on stage right now."
She gave me a sympathetic pat and said "Dad, theres always next year" She loves me so.
sounds like they STARTED and STOPPED on the bell-eh?
Steve H an eddie...and Mike Stand?...Lordy did I miss it.
JimIny

me and JimINy were gonna go..........but, alas, it didn't work out.

me being a newbie and all, I can't even relate to most of what you're saying, folks...........but I can relate to the emotion and sentiment, and wish I'da seen it all.

There will come another day.

Raptured or not Smile

cool thing from Jen, James. Very cool..............she's so sweet-hearted. I thought of being at the concert, at a quiet time in my weekend ............. and wondered what would be happening.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-15-2002 16:18 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

hey again Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey JoannaRuth
Your memory for the quotes is a world better than mine. Were the woman towards at the front with the pigtails, and the Lost Dogs Shirt? If so pleasure almost, but not really meeting you. I was in front during the Dogs, and actually very near where you were, if you were who I think you were...boy that was confusing even to me.
Anyway thanks for those quotes. They added to my memory of the evening nicely.
well, everyone who wasn't there did really miss something special, but like JC's daughter said there's always next year, although I may have to make the extra trek to C-Stone for a better experience.

Lucy/Jonny Edwards
07-15-2002 16:20 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
JoannaRuth JoannaRuth is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
hey JoannaRuth
Your memory for the quotes is a world better than mine. Were the woman towards at the front with the pigtails, and the Lost Dogs Shirt? If so pleasure almost, but not really meeting you. I was in front during the Dogs, and actually very near where you were, if you were who I think you were...boy that was confusing even to me.

Yes that was me. I love a good quote (hence the "Off the Wall" section on my Lost Dogs site). I wish I had a good memory but I don't, really, so I always bring a notebook and take notes. (How nerdy!) I also love taking photos, so I took took about 60 photos at Lifest. But I can't post them until Friday because I ran out of money to get them developed. Narf!

Pleasure almost meeting you, too.
07-15-2002 18:05 JoannaRuth is offline Send an Email to JoannaRuth Homepage of JoannaRuth Search for Posts by JoannaRuth Add JoannaRuth to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of JoannaRuth: CO Joanna
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dr. Rich get's to see the Eddies tonight!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH