Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Larry - Lucy I'm In Love » Marty new and old... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Marty new and old...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mossy_macdonald
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Marty new and old... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mr. Deickmeyer...

I had not heard your voice, sir, since
Daniel Amos's "Props." Good to hear it again.
Is now a good time for you to tell the tale
(at last) of your "reluctant" lead vocal duty?
However you felt about it, I've always loved that song
and your performance of it.

Your songwriting is strong. The lyrics are
clever but unpretentious. (Thank you for that;
I like Radiohead as much as the next guy, but
they've got enough smarm for a gaggle
of music industries.)

Honesty and intelligence
are truly a turn-on.

Musically, speaking, I appreciate that the tracks
are clearly informed by the current musical context
without being derivative.

Keep doin' it!
Let me know when I can
buy the album.

Mossy MacDonald
AKA Pete Williams
07-16-2002 20:26 mossy_macdonald is offline Send an Email to mossy_macdonald Search for Posts by mossy_macdonald Add mossy_macdonald to your Buddy List
mossy_macdonald
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by mossy_macdonald
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Marty,

Well... a good DADLer pointed out to me
that that is not your voice on the new demos.

Ugh. Well, take my thumbs up for what it's worth.
The endorsement of a
consistent
blunderer.

Mossy
must sleep now.
07-16-2002 23:26 mossy_macdonald is offline Send an Email to mossy_macdonald Search for Posts by mossy_macdonald Add mossy_macdonald to your Buddy List
Marty D
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 05-15-2002

No can sing! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mossy-Thanks for the input. I think one has to be honest about one's abilities and then make valued decisions. I can sing, but not as good as Glen Lystne (the vocalist on I'm In Love). I'd like these tunes to go futher then my voice can carry them, if there's any hope of that happening, then I don't pick my voice. I plan on singing one or two songs on this album, if I can convince myself.
07-30-2002 18:49 Marty D is offline Send an Email to Marty D Search for Posts by Marty D Add Marty D to your Buddy List
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

No can sing! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey maybe you can get mark cook in on the act as well Big Grin

b.t.w where steve????
08-03-2002 21:13 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by samson
hey maybe you can get mark cook in on the act as well Big Grin

b.t.w where steve????

Uhh, read the "Where's Marty" thread.
LK-9

08-03-2002 21:42 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

It'll explain everything

08-03-2002 21:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Larry - Lucy I'm In Love » Marty new and old...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH