Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs DVD rocks » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs DVD rocks 4 Votes - Average Rating: 8.504 Votes - Average Rating: 8.504 Votes - Average Rating: 8.504 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey kevin,

Good to have you back. Another great post, as always. My offer to bear yr children still stands. Big Grin

As soon as I saw that log-in I knew RIGHT where you were headin'.... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-11-2003 10:58 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! 5.1 surround sound options Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well I had watched this twice at home on my $99 special DVD player, that I have a $10 BooM BoX that I got at a garage sale, hooked up to & It sounds great ! Smile

however, I took it to my brother in laws house this weekend & he has a surround sound system that he paid $1000 for just the sound part & about $200 for the DVD player and let me tell you I felt like I was sitting right next to Squidzit & Driver8 in the front Row !!!

Really, I am telling you find a friend who has a great system & watch this DVD Loud in 5.1 surround sound it is great !!!

BTW I also watched Jars of Clay DVD & the first Part Of Lord of the rings the same way Cool WoW !!!

09-02-2003 09:04 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nez
btw, I never got the pressing of the question of "why Chicago"...cuz the answer seemed kind of obvious...they were there. That where it happened to come together. Plus...it's Chicago. Smile

If Chicago's good enough for Shania to kick off a world tour, it's good enough for the Dogs to film a dvd there!! Red Face

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 16:37 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Yeah! And if that outfit is good enough for Shania, it is good enoughh for Roe!
09-02-2003 16:40 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that outfit...

Roll Eyes

...with sandals! Shocked

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 16:44 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

What a strange discussion.

Why Chicago?

Here's my take on it. I think it should have had really really big letters spelling out CHICAGO, and little ones for Lost Dogs. Then when it got to the stores the pimply faced kids who did the stocking would get confused and file it with that Gere flick, and confuse the people who'd be looking for Zita Jone's boobs tricking them into actually taking home our beloved Dogs. Once they got a look at the manly chest of Doctor Love, and the flaxen hair of Paul William's Jr. they'd be converted to the cause.

Forever

That's what I think. If that makes me a critic so be it. Although my definition of a critic is someone who can type who couldn't make it as a musician.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jevon the Tall: 09-02-2003 17:57.

09-02-2003 17:56 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Sounds like a plan.

09-02-2003 20:16 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
The DVD was great J.K.! I loved it, critics are just people who "can't" so they tear into people who "can"

I agree with your definition of a critic there Jevon! Big Grin

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 20:44 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i like his proselytizing idea too.
09-02-2003 20:57 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

One of my favorite music DVDs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have a few music DVDs now, some of them are better quality than others.

I'd say the Dogs disc ranks pretty high, right up there with my King Crimson "Deja Vroom" and Pink Floyd:The Wall.

And in all honesty, the video quality on Dogs via Chicago is so much better that the Crims disc, which has a lot of pixelization.
09-02-2003 22:08 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

My favorite music dvds!!

~Groucho~
09-02-2003 23:41 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

He ^ turns the video off for the Eagles and the sound off for Shania!

Tongue

09-03-2003 06:46 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: 5.1 surround sound options Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG

well I had watched this twice at home on my $99 special DVD player, that I have a $10 BooM BoX that I got at a garage sale, hooked up to & It sounds great ! Smile

however, I took it to my brother in laws house this weekend & he has a surround sound system that he paid $1000 for just the sound part & about $200 for the DVD player and let me tell you I felt like I was sitting right next to Squidzit & Driver8 in the front Row !!!

Really, I am telling you find a friend who has a great system & watch this DVD Loud in 5.1 surround sound it is great !!!

BTW I also watched Jars of Clay DVD & the first Part Of Lord of the rings the same way Cool WoW !!!

oh, I forgot to mention my brother-in-law really seemed to enjoy the lost dogs dvd too Smile )

09-03-2003 08:20 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
PuP

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Although my definition of a critic is someone who can type who couldn't make it as a musician.

Whaddya know! I'm a critic! Tongue

09-03-2003 08:24 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
and the sound off for Shania!

Tongue

~Groucho~
09-03-2003 09:00 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
PuP

Whaddya gonna do?

Squirt ink at me?

Tongue

09-03-2003 09:19 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm gonna eat you!! Just like I did those DAmb "Dicksy Chumps"!! Mad

~Groucho~
09-03-2003 09:22 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin
09-03-2003 09:49 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Shocked

09-03-2003 19:16 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
pistolpete
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-29-2002

critics suck Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
The DVD was great J.K.! I loved it, critics are just people who "can't" so they tear into people who "can"

True, so true. I just saw a review of the Lost Dogs DVD over at the Phantom Tollbooth. Basically they say it's pretty good for what it is, but then spend a long paragraph saying all these things that are wrong with it, but then they give it a 4 out of possible 5 rating. Go figure. The really weird thing is that the person who did the review (who I think is on the DADL, 77's list, or Lost Dogs list) basically took the stuff that Peter complained about and simply rehashed it in her review. Nice, nothing like plagiarizing an already bad review to try to lend another semi-bad review some "credibility". Honestly though, the most ridiculous, and telling sign that the critic that wrote the review probably doesn't have a clue is that she refers to John Thompson as the author of "Dances With Wolves", when in fact John Thompson was/is the author of "RAISED by Wolves". Duh.

The review is here:

http://www.tollbooth.org/2003/reviews/ldv.html

Since there doesn't seem to be any real standard for critics or who writes and who doesn't for their website, I say we do the band and the DVD a favor and write our own reviews and submit them. Most of all their other projects have 3 or more reviews by different people, so lets give this DVD the push it deserves. I bet the band would appreciate it, and I imagine Jeffrey K. would too. I checked the website, and the address to submit feedback is here:

feedback@tollbooth.org

So who's with me?

Pete
09-06-2003 04:19 pistolpete is offline Send an Email to pistolpete Search for Posts by pistolpete Add pistolpete to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs DVD rocks

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH