Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite BBQ Quote » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite BBQ Quote 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

Yeah, I asked Terry if I could take a picture with Him, Mike, Driver8 and the guitar Driver had just won. And Terry said.....

Smile )

Smile )

Big Grin

...."Sure."

Tongue

~Groucho~
09-08-2003 20:32 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
.Evangeline. .Evangeline. is a female
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-02-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That took you longer then it took Terry!

REVIVAL QUEEN
09-08-2003 20:42 .Evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .Evangeline. Homepage of .Evangeline. Search for Posts by .Evangeline. Add .Evangeline. to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep. Red Face

~Groucho~
09-08-2003 20:59 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quit messing up my line of BigDorks Mad

09-08-2003 21:01 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
.Evangeline. .Evangeline. is a female
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-02-2003

Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

REVIVAL QUEEN
09-08-2003 21:06 .Evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .Evangeline. Homepage of .Evangeline. Search for Posts by .Evangeline. Add .Evangeline. to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

you too!

Mad

09-08-2003 21:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Confused

Dork's gone off the deep end again!! That's what lack of posting will do to you. Frown

~Groucho~
09-08-2003 21:14 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: MoRe Favorite BBQ Quotes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
I was having Terry sign my Alarma! Chronicles Volume 1 booklet at the MN bbq and told him I bought the book with the tape when I was 12. Terry turned to Mike and said "He's had this since he was 12." Mike looked at me and said, "Wow, you must be really old!"

I'm not you know. Old that is. I'm only 34. Red Face

1. "Hmp, Books. Pfff." Terry quoting Gene's disgust upon entering a library.

2. a MN highlight- "dust.............'OR IT!"

3. Just before the show, I was getting a group picture with the guys, the band and the fire pit five and I was right next to Mike.
There was a little unease with all the preparations so I tried to lighten the moment. I murmered to Mike, "Mike, your fly's open." In a total deadpan (facing the camera) he said, "It needs air."

4. I loved it when Mike was trying to get his pedals (he had a few pedals attached to a board) to work, and Terry just looked and said (about Mikes pedals), "We call this over here where Mike is, the firemans friend".

5. I had Mike sign 77s self titled (the lust...) and he said that it is their most commercially viable album. He said it was a disappointment because it was most likely to be their big break. Unfortunately it got missed. Mike's quote, "Thanks to Joshua Tree"

6. terry was explaining the all day sing & dinner on the ground concept from the south... & introducing the song then he quipped "well I have not actually been to one"
Mike said "terry is a master at writing songs about which he knows nothing about..."

7. The Bucyrus BBQ was held at my friend's farm. After Mike and Terry each taking several tries at the same joke, Terry finally nailed it with, "We used to work the big farms."

does anyone have anymore Favorite BBQ quotes ?

stolen from: JiMiny, on the prayer thread...

At the end of the MN BBQ Stop Terry said (para-qoute, heard to hear...)

"Please think about us from time to time, while we are out here on the road. For traveliing mercies..and our families back home..
and everything. We'd appreciate it." And I do.

09-10-2003 08:25 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Love those quips!
09-10-2003 10:39 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

BBQ quips?

What aisle are those in at the grocery store?

Confused

09-10-2003 14:09 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Bad dog! Outside!!
09-11-2003 01:27 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Mike - "I know what you are thinking, "I thought Terry was bigger""
Terry - or "I thought Mike was smaller"

it went something like that- BD

09-20-2003 18:28 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin
09-20-2003 20:11 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i think my favorite "quote" isn't a quote at all....but a "look".

it went like this........

lots of people are getting autographs from mike and terry and big dork walks up. he and terry exchange greetings. big dork asks if terry would mind signing a cd. and of course, terry says "yes".

then big dork pulls out, what looked like every cd ever made including a few more copies of "damb it!".

then terry gave the most shocked look i have ever seen....it was one for the ages. after that terry made some sort of comment that it might be a good thing to find a table.

i just laughed shook my head and called (carl) a dork. Big Grin

09-20-2003 22:26 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Hey that was just the stuff I bought since the last time I saw Terry! You should have seen the stack I had the first time I got to see The Dogs. Pleased

BD

09-20-2003 23:00 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

somehow....i believe you.

Tongue

09-20-2003 23:20 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thumb Up! Terry looking at the cover of Live Bootleg '82 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Tim looks like he should be in the band 'Journey!'" Tongue

09-21-2003 15:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
i think my favorite "quote" isn't a quote at all....but a "look".

it went like this........

lots of people are getting autographs from mike and terry and big dork walks up. he and terry exchange greetings. big dork asks if terry would mind signing a cd. and of course, terry says "yes".

then big dork pulls out, what looked like every cd ever made including a few more copies of "damb it!".

then terry gave the most shocked look i have ever seen....it was one for the ages. after that terry made some sort of comment that it might be a good thing to find a table.

i just laughed shook my head and called (carl) a dork. Big Grin

Shocked

09-21-2003 15:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
09-22-2003 01:41 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

In our back yard, Mike and Terry did the "...Used to play the big back yards....Dallas.....Vegas.....Portland OR and Rancho Cucamunga" thing.

But my favorite one was when Mike introduced Bad Indegestion. My wife had made a "horn o'plenty" filled with Twinkies, Spam, Pepto, Alka Seltzers, Tums, etc. Mike had Don bring over some Twinkies to eat. They had a discussion about Twinkies and what goes good with them. (Terry looked disgusted about the whole thing). He said to Mike, "You know what goes good with Twinkies?" "What?" "Beer." Mike replied, "Beer and Twinkies. Just like college."

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
12-19-2003 10:33 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite BBQ Quote

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH