Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » happy friday » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page happy friday 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool pic Squid

09-12-2003 13:34 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Tim,

Gots Terry and Mike coming thru Springfield, MO, Sept 25. If you would like to join in and surprise them, I wouldn't discourage it!

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
09-12-2003 13:36 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

RE: Squidzit Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
wow--i can't wait to hear that. what song did you do?

Driver, my older brother and myself all did two songs together. Uhhh, my mind is failing, help Driver, what did we do? Frown

Confused

~Groucho~
09-12-2003 13:36 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

We did "Rebecca Go Home" and "Sail Me Away"..................I still am going to do "In The Distance". Cool

09-12-2003 13:38 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Chrome
unregistered

Tim,

Do you ever, when constructing abass line, purposely try to leave out the root note, so that you'll come up with something creative and unique sounding?

That's an old Brian Wilson/Paul McCartney Pet Sounds/Sgt. Pepper's era trick, that served them well in that time. So said McCartney in his book "Many years From Now", I believe was where I read it. and of course I can hear it in the songs too.
-chrome
09-12-2003 13:39
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool I'm confused.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WHAT exactly are you going to do "In the Distance"???

Tongue

Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-12-2003 13:39 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Roll Eyes

Sniper.

~Groucho~
09-12-2003 13:40 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

hey, bret --

i wish i could make it to one of these terry and mike shows but i'm working during the week and can't get away.
09-12-2003 13:41 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

RE: I'm confused.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl

Tongue

Big Grin

yur alwayz cornfuzed Tongue

09-12-2003 13:43 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Daniel Amos

chrome--

yes, as a matter of fact, i've used that trick many times -- i've tried to steal a lot from mcCartney
09-12-2003 13:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: I'm confused.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

Tongue

Big Grin

It's those pictures you & yr brother keep posting.... they get me all twitterpated and stuff.... Roll Eyes

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-12-2003 13:47 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

Tongue

Big Grin

It's those pictures you & yr brother keep posting.... they get me all twitterpated and stuff.... Roll Eyes

I have a brother oh yeah I guess I do

09-12-2003 13:52 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

hey tim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

any chance of us seeing the choir live outside cornerstone ever again??? that's a hard trip for me to make....

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

09-12-2003 13:53 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

larryl --

as busy as everyone is, i doubt that the choir will play live outside of cornerstone. where do you live? how far is cornerstone for you?
09-12-2003 13:58 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Captain Crouch
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 12-23-2002

Angry Dang et, ya' Stu Pedasso! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
Saskatchewan is the code name for our secret society. I'm really on the board of directors at TBN and we're in negotiations with Gary Busey's people at the moment to make him our honorary spokesman.

Thah jus' en't TRUE!!! Thah bow-wuh en't got NO honnuh!!! An' Ah've bin trahn t'git him outta mah chay-yuh faw MONTHS, dang et!

Praise GOW-wud!!!
09-12-2003 14:00 Captain Crouch is offline Send an Email to Captain Crouch Homepage of Captain Crouch Search for Posts by Captain Crouch Add Captain Crouch to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

i'm in atlanta..it's not just the distance that gets me..i'm married, 2 kids, working wife...just hard to make the trip.....i'm sure you understand..if i take that much time off, i need to spend it with family, and the wife isn't near as into all that music as i am..... Confused

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

09-12-2003 14:01 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
i'm in atlanta..it's not just the distance that gets me..i'm married, 2 kids, working wife...just hard to make the trip.....i'm sure you understand..if i take that much time off, i need to spend it with family, and the wife isn't near as into all that music as i am..... Confused

I feel your pain brother! Frown

09-12-2003 14:08 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
... and the wife isn't near as into all that music as i am..... Confused

I can second that one! Mine isn't either and it was quite a chore to convince her to let me throw out the bux to bring Mike and Terry to town.

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
09-12-2003 14:10 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
Chrome
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
chrome--

yes, as a matter of fact, i've used that trick many times -- i've tried to steal a lot from mcCartney

So what are some other bass tricks for coming up with something creative? Avoiding the 3rd and the fifth maybe? That actually sounds kind of scary (no root, no 3rd, no 5th); did you ever try that? I'm looking for other tircks though, so if you have any, let me know.

Oh, I remember another McCartney trick of that era: melodic bass lines. He was always very good at that.
-chrome
09-12-2003 14:50
Daniel Amos

chrome--

that's a hard one to answer because i don't really rely on tricks anymore--usually a bass line pops into my head or a piece of one or a particular feeling or something. i try to not think about it too much and just start noodling around. and i try not to repeat myself if possible--try not to play things that i've played before.

i suppose, actually, i do still use a trick or two--if it fits the song, i'll specifically try to find a slidy type of part.

how long have you been playing bass?
09-12-2003 14:58 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » happy friday

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH