Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well- I'll tell ya
mine BETTER COME TODAY!!!!!!

because if it doesnt-
well, if it doesnt...
IF IT DOESNT!!!!!............

then it will come on a different day.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-24-2003 08:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well mine still didn't come. Was hoping for Christmas for the wife. We saw them on that tour. I figured Dec 12 was early enough. I'll just keep parked by the mailbox.
12-27-2003 17:59 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I like it a lot Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sure, the source material betrays the time and budget, as does the audio, but it's a lot like that bootleg concert a high school friend lends another friend, and so on, and it circulates to just about everyone. It has that sort of illicit quality to it that gets to me.

I love digital clarity as much as the next guy, but I do miss the days when "sharing" wasn't so detrimental to the artists involved (i/e downloads). Anaheim 1985 is like that "secret script" I call my own.

DwD
12-27-2003 21:39 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Audi- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a general information type question.

Are there still Pre order Anaheim DVDs to send?

I just know some folks got theres (the lucky ones?)
- I didnt pre-order the first week- but wondered how it was coming.
thx-

01-02-2004 11:50 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

I'm wondering too. I still haven't received mine yet. I haven't received a reply either from the webstore "order" status form that I submitted.

I ordered mine Dec 12th.
01-02-2004 14:59 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

IT SHOWED UP ON MY C-CARD- SO THAT PART WAS COOL- THINK I ORDERED MINE LAST WEEK NOV (IT WAS ON ME DEC BILL)

patiently,

01-02-2004 15:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Wow, you have been waiting a looong time.
01-02-2004 15:11 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Hey guys,

We're backed up on webstore email still... it gets really
bad around Christmas every year. You guys that are
still waiting - send us an email at our regular address
and we'll make sure everything went through correctly, etc.
(audiori@danielamos.com)

We've heard from one other person that is still waiting
and his packaged was shipped on the 16th. We may end
up having to reship these packages.. there might still be
a bit of the usual Christmas delay in effect, but it shouldn't
really take this long.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-02-2004 16:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I haven't got mine yet, of course I'm in Canada. Things are pretty slow with the postage service here during the holidays. I expect to see it in the mailbox tomorrow. Hopefully...

01-04-2004 23:23 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Hey guys,

We're backed up on webstore email still... it gets really
bad around Christmas every year. You guys that are
still waiting - send us an email at our regular address
and we'll make sure everything went through correctly, etc.
(audiori@danielamos.com)

I emailed you guys right away after you posted this and I don't have a response yet.
01-07-2004 12:49 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Still no DVD and still no response from you guys.
01-09-2004 07:15 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Beatlenut Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

me 2 neither-
I'll e mail (aint done that yet-)
Do you know where they live?
I'll drive
(I got the bat......)

01-09-2004 14:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Whoa-
I checked when I was billed fer my DVD-
I would hope its lost in de mail........................

01-09-2004 14:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

weird Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HEY, do I sound like a GIRL?
I borrowed Woggelos Computer (mines futzed!) and I cant seem to be anything but her- although I logged in as ME!- I gotta be me!!!

Well - anyway - JIMINY got his Anaheim DVD on Friday - seems when you send a nasty E to the Audis they sneak to your home and slip sumpin in your mailbox.
(Honest- I was nice-just wondering.)

So Beatlenut- you must be very spiritual, sounds like the first are really last here.....
Jiminy ( no matter what you see)

01-11-2004 06:36 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

oh - Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

weirder yet-
it says I'm logged in as woggy still- my, shes gotten dapper in that new ascot and tophat.
Never mind.

01-11-2004 06:38 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

The Moment- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What is the defining moment of the Anaheim DVD?
To me-
its the quote
"As man alone Jesus could not have saved us, as God alone He would not, Incarnate he both could and did."
Malcolm Muggridge.
that appears on the screen before "Sanctuary"

Thanks, Terry, for the best sermon I could have on a Sunday-
Its something I needed to hear badly this morning

..what a great , and yes, odd little piece of history...........I thought it was Excellent......

01-11-2004 08:26 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

A basic general answer, not specific to any particular posts;

Yeah all the domestic DVDs ordered before mid-December all went out
the same week and the international ones the following week.

We basically worked through the Holiday season trying to get as much
out before Christmas as possible, then once the Holidays hit we had
to wait until the Holidays were over to start shipping more.
We are still filling orders that we recieved mid to late December up
through the beginning of January.

When we're extra busy filling orders, we generally let the email
sit, and don't spend a lot of time answering it unless it's an obvious
problem or an emergency. This has been made worse by the Holidays
and some other things going on right now behind the scenes.

We also created a form for order questions on the store and contact
pages, so we get all the information we need to answer a question. It
takes a LOT longer to answer a question if the email we recieve is
something like;

"Where is my order?"

With no name, or other info used to figure out who you are or what
you ordered. We actually really get emails like this. It might take us
at least 30 minutes-an hour just to try to figure out who the person
is - *if* we can figure it out at all. Sometimes the person emails with
a different address than the one they used to order with.. so we literally
can't figure out who it is. Sometimes we respond to the email to try to
get more info and it bounces back as an invalid address. Then, if we figure
out who the person is, we may have several orders by them on file - all
of which shipped. So, we don't know which order it is that they're asking
about. We also generally don't know everyoene from their messageboard
handle...so asking heredoesn't do much good. We're hoping that the new
form will speed up answering each email so that we will not get behind
on email as often and when we do, we can get caught up faster.

Beatlenut; If you emailed, and still have not recieved the DVD, email us
and let us know who you are by the Beatlenut name. Put it in the subject
line.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-11-2004 18:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Ok, will do that. I did email a couple times and you responded this past weekend. I'll just pop my user-id with a new email.

Keith (beatlenut)
01-12-2004 10:29 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Mine came today and I spent the last hour watching - good stuff...

01-12-2004 20:21 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I am disappointed overall.

It is not about the quality of the performance, nor of the audio. But is was a DVD. If nothing else extras could have included a graphical chapter index etc to get to songs etc. Even text history with photos of the period would have been appreciated.

I'm happy to support the band, and would pay again but this is a DA product and wouldn't have taken a lot of effort to include a little extra.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Stuart Pedasso: 01-19-2004 11:29.

01-16-2004 14:17 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Anaheim DVD UPDATE

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH