Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Swirling Eddies Return! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.67
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

RE: The reissue treatment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
In all fairness, I don't think I'd want to see a re-recording of DFBB. I mean, it sounds so great as is, I don't think the songs would benefit or take on new shadings if they're performed unplugged and such.

However, I recently got two reissue discs: Joe Jackson "Night And Day" and Yes "90125". Their respective labels have done a fantastic job with remastering, plugging in relevant extra tracks like demos, live cuts, b-sides and songs from the same period that just didn't make the cut. Add to that very informative booklets with original album art and lyrics and these are really nice packages!

Now, if there is a perfect candidate for this star treatment, it's DFBB. I would love to hear the odds and ends that didn't make the final list (I know there has to be some), live versions of the various DFBB favs and whatever extras would nicely coincide.

By the by, if you get a chance to pick up Rhino's redone Yes "90125" (or any of their Elvis Costello double disc reissues) do so. You'll be pleased.

DwD

I did pick up 90125 and it is great. I had gotten all the Yes CD's the first time they were reissued. 90125 and Big Generator were not reissued at that time. So I did want to upgrade 90125. Now the Yes catalog has slowly been remastered and reissued again during the past year. The newest (3rd) versions do sound better than the last versions which were remastered by Joe Gastwirt (not sure of spelling on his last name). Big Generator will not be among the reissues. The 1st version is still the version out. I will not be upgrading to the 3rd versions, though they do sound better and have more bonus tracks. It just costs too much money. People could have bought the Yes CD's 3 different times if they upgraded with each remastering reissue.

03-05-2004 11:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Darn Floor Big Cake?

Darn Cake Big Butt?

03-05-2004 13:36 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Darn Socks Big Toe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Which is to say, my big toenail keeps rippin' my socks and I should do something about it.

I'm just sayin', is all...

DwD
03-05-2004 13:44 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If they are like mine you need bolt cutters to cut them.

03-05-2004 13:45 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
booswain1 booswain1 is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2004

I ordered mine as well. I like the thought that im helping my favorite band/group of bands produce. The last DA album was well worth the wait.

Keep it going boys.

Jeff
03-09-2004 08:07 booswain1 is offline Send an Email to booswain1 Search for Posts by booswain1 Add booswain1 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Holy moniker, Gnatrat! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great screen name, Boo Swain.

DwD
03-09-2004 17:48 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Well... it's been a whole two weeks since i pre-ordered - where's my cd?

c'mon guys - slacking a bit aren't you - you've had 14 days - get with it...

Big Grin Tongue Big Grin

Actually in real life I'm still buzzed a new eddies is coming out - I can wait - no rush.

so how are pre-order sales going?

03-16-2004 23:14 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ed Ed is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 07-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
quote:
Originally posted by carl
Darn Floor Big Cake?

Darn Cake Big Butt?

Barn Door Wig Fight?

Confused

03-17-2004 15:00 Ed is offline Send an Email to Ed Search for Posts by Ed Add Ed to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Presales are good, we hoped for better. We might put out
something else to supliment the amount brought in. Terry-
er.... Camarillo has a budget in mind we have to reach.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-17-2004 15:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I don't know if I like the sound of that... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where's the shortfall coming from? I can't imagine any of we regulars not jumping on this.

Have you contacted the 'zines to pass on the news?
http://www.sporknews.com/alternative.htm

http://www.ccmmagazine.com/

http://cornerstonemag.com

There are probably plenty I've forgotten, but I have to believe that if you tell them, they will come.

DwD
03-17-2004 17:56 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Down! RE: I don't know if I like the sound of that... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Partner Links:

6.9 long distance, 10% to ministry
Fear Free - Family Safe TV
Forgive us our debts
Send an St. Patrick's Day eCard!
Clean Up Your TV!
DebtCafe.com - Nonprofit debt relief

Roll Eyes

03-17-2004 17:59 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Grand Encephalon

I don't like the sound of any of that. I can't preorder anything else. My wife is freaking out that I never received anything from the club when she signed me up (a long time ago)!

03-17-2004 18:02 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

What kind of something else???

03-17-2004 18:10 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

RE: I don't know if I like the sound of that... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Where's the shortfall coming from? I can't imagine any of we regulars not jumping on this.

Have you contacted the 'zines to pass on the news?
http://www.sporknews.com/alternative.htm

http://cornerstonemag.com

There are probably plenty I've forgotten, but I have to believe that if you tell them, they will come.

DwD

Or here: www.tollbooth.org

Or maybe it was already there. I don't remember.

03-17-2004 18:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah we still have some Avocado Club disc 2 to go out,
you recieved number 1 right?

Well, if we put out other things to supliment it, you have
to remember we will have them all. Which means we don't
run out imediately. We have a bigger problem with running out of
items that we didn't put out ourselves because it means
constantly restocking and waiting on more to arrive. If we are
not financially able to order large quantities, they go out of
stock imediately and then we have to order and wait on more
again... it never ends.

But actually there are other things Terry would like to have out
anyway. We've listed some in the new relases thread...
it's basically just a matter of what is feasible to do first.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-17-2004 19:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

All of it.

03-17-2004 19:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

what's an eddie?

03-17-2004 22:28 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

I finally got on board Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

hope it happens but if it don't consider my investment a tithe to th' ministry-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
03-18-2004 00:37 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Administrator

It will happen somehow. Smile

We plan on sending Camarillo the first chunk o de money this
week so they can do what they gotta do. I am sure he has
bits of songs and stuff bouncing around in his head right now.
We have not heard from himn as much the last three weeks
or so and that usually means he's busy.

The online transaction people are slow about depositing
money when a lot comes through, they have to check each
transaction because they look for credit card fraud. Sometimes
it takes them a week or two to deposit anything. There is a
lot involved. International orders get hung up in that longer
because sometimes their cards are in a different system and
get flagged as the validity check not working. It's also why
it's important for people to use the billing address of the card
when placing an order because thats one thing they look at.
Some people still don't do that. We had problems in the past
with the online transaction company holding or freezing a group
of orders because they had some questions about them.
But they never contacted us, we eventually contacted them
trying to figure out what was up, and they said "oh yeah....
we didn't understand this.." I asked them if they could release the
rest of the correct orders they were holding with the bad ones,
and they said "oh yeah sure.." It was kinda crazy, and killing us.

We've been trying to cover as many bases as possible so we
don't get into those type situations. Just when we almost get
caught up something knocks us down. Never fails. This week,
after the last three months of struggling we should be pretty
caught up on things. We still will have to print some more
Avocado Club discs and get those out, but I think that might be
the last thing we will have to fix between all the stores.
Then we will be in a better spot for these new releases than
we've been in since about 2001 or so. Which is really, really good.
I think Terry and Mike are excited about doing some new material
and we are looking forward to a bright season in front of us.

We have been working on some ideas for a new DA site look too,
we have to send to Terry an example of what we've been working
on and see what he says. I think it's going to be an interesting year.

03-18-2004 08:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool All else aside... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The 7s site upgrade is quite cool, BTW. Feel free to upgrade this one proportionately. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 03-18-2004 09:56.

03-18-2004 09:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH