Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The quintessntial DA song? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The quintessntial DA song?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
You Gotta Be There
unregistered
The quintessntial DA song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Sudden Heaven" seems to bash all their styles into one; and DA is the only band that could pull off an amazing song like that. Its distinctly DA.

So, what do YOU think is the quintessential DA song?
- ygbt
03-23-2004 23:28
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well...I don't knwo about a quintesswhatever song...

But I do believe that Mr. Buechner's Dream is the quintessntial project.

Pleased

03-24-2004 00:15 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it says the unattainable earth in the booklet that came with the first dr. edt...

but i would say the earth household..... Smile

03-24-2004 01:36 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think the quintessential DA song is Soon. I can't play it once, I've got to play it over and over whenever I pull Revelation out

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by servantsteve: 03-24-2004 06:12.

03-24-2004 06:12 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

For me it is If You Want To. Everytime I hear it, I still get chills.

03-24-2004 08:00 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

It would have to be Darn Floor Big Bite!!!

03-24-2004 10:36 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Bah! There is no quintessential DA song. This is as bad as those lists in the magazines. You know, "The Top 500 Rock & Roll Albums Ever", "The Top 100 Guitarists of All Time", etc.

Why pick one when there are so many fantastic DA songs? Confused

03-24-2004 14:27 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"The Double"

Because it's essential and it's on their "quint" album..... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-24-2004 14:32 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
You Gotta Be There
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by carl
"The Double"

Sounds like you just drank a double. Tongue Wink
03-24-2004 20:25
You Gotta Be There
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by EdHead
...But I do believe that Mr. Buechner's Dream is the quintessntial project.
Pleased

In terms of projects, I'd agree MBD, and add DFBB.

I'd say that the song "Ordinary Extraordinary Day" is certainly a quinessetnial DA song too.
-ygbt
03-24-2004 20:30
Jack The Ripper
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 12-04-2003

I like the part about watching people fry. I also like hearing about chickens getting squashed as they cross the road.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jack The Ripper: 03-24-2004 20:33.

03-24-2004 20:32 Jack The Ripper is offline Send an Email to Jack The Ripper Search for Posts by Jack The Ripper Add Jack The Ripper to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by You Gotta Be There
quote:
Originally posted by carl
"The Double"

Sounds like you just drank a double. Tongue Wink

Wrong site. Make a right at the light, and look for the signs reading "Mike Knott".... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-25-2004 07:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

well - the first thing that came to mind is

Ed takes a vacation"

Witty- funny - uses nearly every musical style known to man,
spiritual, screechy- nice vocals, terrible vocals , uses sound effects..
all wrapped up in one.

Unless quintessential means something other than what I'm thinking....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-25-2004 08:46 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DarnFloorBigBite DarnFloorBigBite is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-14-2004

Well as my nom de plume might indicate, I love the LP DFBB, but "The Pool" is one of my favorite songs.
Does THAT make it quintessential? Wink

Shop smart! Shop S-MART!
03-25-2004 14:20 DarnFloorBigBite is offline Send an Email to DarnFloorBigBite Homepage of DarnFloorBigBite Search for Posts by DarnFloorBigBite Add DarnFloorBigBite to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of DarnFloorBigBite: stevezilla2002
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
it says the unattainable earth in the booklet that came with the first dr. edt...

I agree! Pleased

03-25-2004 15:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

I agree! Pleased

"How strange, how strange!" Big Grin

03-25-2004 15:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

very strange indeed! Wink

I will say if I had to choose a different one I would pick UE.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 03-25-2004 15:26.

03-25-2004 15:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

It's too hard to pick just one.

03-27-2004 17:23 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DarnFloorBigBite DarnFloorBigBite is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-14-2004

So why are we even TRYING to? Eh?
WHY I ask you, WHHHHYYYYY?

Shop smart! Shop S-MART!
03-27-2004 23:30 DarnFloorBigBite is offline Send an Email to DarnFloorBigBite Homepage of DarnFloorBigBite Search for Posts by DarnFloorBigBite Add DarnFloorBigBite to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of DarnFloorBigBite: stevezilla2002
You Gotta Be There
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
It's too hard to pick just one.

Then just switch to the other nostril when you're finsished with the first one.

ba-doom-kshhh!!!!
03-27-2004 23:39
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The quintessntial DA song?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH