Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just Curious » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Just Curious
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My favorite songbook of all time is "The Beatles Complete Scores."

Complete orchestrations of all of the original 220 Beatles songs...
bass, guitar, drums, pianos, organs, strings, horns, etc...

I wish they'd make a book like that for a lot of the classic
bands.... I've found some mistakes in it, but it's a nice thing
to have handy. For example, I did find a horn part in one
song that they didn't have... it wasn't too hard to figure
out though.

If you'd like to make a DA version of that, it'd be awful
nice of ya. Smile )

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-15-2004 01:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Thread Starter Thread Started by arcticsunburn
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right now I'm not making any huge progress. Of course, I was at camp for the weekend, and we're recording our first album right now.

Nonetheless, I will keep at it! Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by arcticsunburn: 07-19-2004 12:07.

07-19-2004 12:06 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I just now read this thread from the beginning, I think it looks like a great idea, all of it. I especially think that adding a file to the end of new re-issues is a great thought. I'm afraid that I'm not enough of a guitar player to figure stuff out by ear yet, I "need" the tabs or chords to give me a place to start.
I love the great ideas that come off this board, I think this is what the internet is about, free exchange of ideas, not free exchange of someone else's hard work...

07-20-2004 07:26 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
My favorite songbook of all time is "The Beatles Complete Scores."

Complete orchestrations of all of the original 220 Beatles songs...
bass, guitar, drums, pianos, organs, strings, horns, etc...

I wish they'd make a book like that for a lot of the classic
bands.... I've found some mistakes in it, but it's a nice thing
to have handy. For example, I did find a horn part in one
song that they didn't have... it wasn't too hard to figure
out though.

If you'd like to make a DA version of that, it'd be awful
nice of ya. Smile )

Ha - honestly - one of mine is called
The Big Beatle Fake Book-
just guitar phoney chords to sort of play along.

I do not really like to do too many Beatle tunes (unless of course they were do already done by Sophie tucker...)-
otherwise _ I'd only murder them
I have done
Your Mother Should Know
Julia
and If I fell- one of my all time favorites.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-20-2004 09:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just Curious

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH