Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey all you big MUTT fans! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey all you big MUTT fans!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Hey all you big MUTT fans! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had a brainstorm while listening to Johnny Cash today. Instead of the boys doing more of their old songs, how about them going back and picking some of their favorite songs from others that may have had some formative effect on them early in their musical careers? I think that would be totally awesome, but probably hard to pull off because of the red tape and permission and money issues stuff... but I sure would like to hear something like this!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-09-2004 22:58 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That would be great...

...but in the meantime...

MUTT AGAIN! Cool Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-10-2004 00:03 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this would be a great song to pair with Bad Indigestion (Johnny Cash sang). I can hear Mike singing it now!:

FLUSHED FROM THE BATHROOM OF YOUR HEART
(Jack Clement)

« © '68 Jack Music »

From the back door of your life you swept me out dear

In the bredline of your dreams I lost my place

At the table of your love I got to brush off

At the Indianapolis of your heart I lost the race

I've been washed down the sink of your conscience up

In the theatre of your love I lost my part

And now you say you've got me out of your consience

I've been flushed from the bathroom of your heart

In the garbage disposal of your dreams I've been ground up dear

On the river of your plans I'm up the creek

Up the elevator of your future I've been shafted

On the calendar of your events I'm last week

I've been washed down...

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-10-2004 11:08 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd prefer they release an album of new material.

08-10-2004 14:24 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Bret 2.0 Bret 2.0 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 07-11-2004

RE: Hey all you big MUTT fans! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I had a brainstorm while listening to Johnny Cash today. Instead of the boys doing more of their old songs, how about them going back and picking some of their favorite songs from others that may have had some formative effect on them early in their musical careers? I think that would be totally awesome, but probably hard to pull off because of the red tape and permission and money issues stuff... but I sure would like to hear something like this!

That would be awesome.

The family & I went to "Steal Your Dollar City" today, and I walked over to where the "pickers" was a'sittin', and listened to them for a bit. One tune that they did, and I sang along with them, too, was "I am a Pilgrim". As my daughter and I were trying to catch up with the rest of the family (we ditched them to ride roller coasters!), I asked her if she remembered hearing that before, and she popped off that it was a Lost Dogs song. I thought that was great!

BTW...we listened to the Atlanta Mike & Terry BBQ (with Derri) on the ride home Cool

Real Rock Radio

08-10-2004 23:16 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: Hey all you big MUTT fans! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bret 2.0
BTW...we listened to the Atlanta Mike & Terry BBQ (with Derri) on the ride home Cool

What???????????????? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

You have a recording of the Atlanta BBQ w/Derri? (we have All Day Sing..., but Derri's not on there Frown ) If you do have a recording of that night, how can I get one of them? We were at that show ~ drove 4 hours one way to be there too! Yup we be insane fans Big Grin

Smile
08-11-2004 00:32 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Bret 2.0 Bret 2.0 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 07-11-2004

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Yes. I have a hair over 2 hours of the show. From Eve of Destruction/The Lust all the way to Joel.

(I also have the Springtown show that I promoted, the daMB MN show, DaLe's LiViNgRoOm show, and Sprinklerhead's backyard.)

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Real Rock Radio

08-11-2004 08:03 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Hey Bret 2.0, you have PMS! Wink

Smile
08-11-2004 15:11 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey all you big MUTT fans!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH